Mud Bowl made me a Jets fan

Wahoo

Day 1 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
And it is why i am a Jets fan.

Started following football more in the late 90s, after the baseball strike.

Huge pro wrestling fan also, (old stuff, not current male gymnastics) so of course Chief Wahoo McDaniel is my all time favorite Jet.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

Huge pro wrestling fan also, (old stuff, not current male gymnastics) so of course Chief Wahoo McDaniel is my all time favorite Jet.
I was at the first game at Shea Stadium, when Wahoo McDaniel made his Jets debut.
The announcer kept saying, Tackle by ... guess who?"
And the crowd yelled back "WA-HOO!"

Welcome.
Later

Wahoo

Day 1 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
I was at the first game at Shea Stadium, when Wahoo McDaniel made his Jets debut.
The announcer kept saying, Tackle by ... guess who?"
And the crowd yelled back "WA-HOO!"

Welcome.
Later
Amazing to look at the multibillion dollar juggernaut the NFL is and realize it wasnt that long ago guys left the NFL to go into pro wrestling because the money was better.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

Welcome, Wahoo!

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
the mudbowl made me want to stop being a Jet fan.lol. losing to the dolphins 3 teams in one year. that sucked. I remember reading the newspaper before the game and whoever wrote the article said, " it's hard to beat a team 3 times in one year". I guess it's easier if you get 10" of rain and don't even own a tarp to cover the field

welcome aboard wahoo

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Only Big Cat Ernie Ladd was a more accomplished football player turned pro wrestler.

Bronko Nagurski

College and Pro Football and pro wrestling Hall of Famer from the early days. He was from International Falls, MN, where it is common to have the lowest temperature in the US. There is a Bronko Nagurski museum there, in a park that has a thermometer that tops at zero degrees. The museum takes you through his college and pro football careers, when he played both sides of the ball, then a long wrestling career where he was World Champion more than once. When he couldn't do that anymore, he went to work as a gas station attendant in town. Sad picture to see him in his gas station outfit with "Bronko" above the pocket holding up the nozzle by the pump.

One of his sons, Bronko, Jr., was an OT at Notre Dame, got drafted by the 49ers but signed with the Hamilton Ti-Cats instead. Had a decent career there too

Wahoo

Day 1 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
Bronko Nagurski

College and Pro Football and pro wrestling Hall of Famer from the early days. He was from International Falls, MN, where it is common to have the lowest temperature in the US. There is a Bronko Nagurski museum there, in a park that has a thermometer that tops at zero degrees. The museum takes you through his college and pro football careers, when he played both sides of the ball, then a long wrestling career where he was World Champion more than once. When he couldn't do that anymore, he went to work as a gas station attendant in town. Sad picture to see him in his gas station outfit with "Bronko" above the pocket holding up the nozzle by the pump.

One of his sons, Bronko, Jr., was an OT at Notre Dame, got drafted by the 49ers but signed with the Hamilton Ti-Cats instead. Had a decent career there too
Idk, pre National Wrestling Alliance there were a bunch of world titles.

He did have an accomplished 30yr career though. Probably a big draw, too.