Official Game Thread: Jets at Bills

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The Buffalo Bills find themselves as massive favorites for the second straight game with a 17-point spread against the New York Jets. While they managed to win last week against the Falcons, they failed to cover the 14.5 point closing spread.

This is the second time this season the Bills have been favorites of 14 or more and the sixth time they have been favorites of 10 or more. In games they are favored by double digits, the Bills have disappointed and have a 3-3 ATS record. They are 1-1 ATS in games with a spread of 14 or more.

Meanwhile, the Jets were minutes away from ruining yet another game for Tom Brady until the defense suffered an epic meltdown. With just 30 seconds left in the third quarter, the Jets were up 24-10 over the Bucs. Then, Brady went into full GOAT mode and led Tampa Bay on three straight unanswered scoring drives. The Bucs scored and scored a two-point conversion with 15 seconds left.

Can the Jets bounce back and end the season on a high note for a change? Or, will the Bills live up to the hype and run them out of the arena this weekend?

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I'd like to keep him as a backup. Might not be the greatest starter @ RT but I think he'll make for a strong backup because as we've seen over the years, O-Linemen (outside of D'Brickishaw Ferguson) always get injured and imo a sign of a monster O-Line is A+ backup depth (and I feel Morgan Moses would create for a very strong backup with starting ability).

With that said. I most certainly wouldn't over pay for him (if he's looking for starters $$$).
Why re-sign him when Edoga is younger and cheaper as the backup at LT and Fant is under contract and we will probably draft his eventual replacement in April ?

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Damn. That stinks and took a lot of my excitement away from the game.

I'll be hoping for our kid Rookie to play another good game but yet still lose (in order to keep our 4th overall pick).

Seattle @ Arizona = Go Arizona (would keep us at 7th overall).

Texans vs. Tennessee = Go Houston (Houston win + NY loss gives us the 3rd overall pick).

Carolina @ Tampa Bay = Go Bucs (would improve both our 2nd and 4th round picks).

Bears @ Vikings = Go Bears (would improve our 4th round pick and potentially, tremendously).

Even if everything goes opposite of what I'd like for to happen etc it's still going to become an exciting offseason so heck, I'll probably end up rooting for a win come game day vs. Buffalo (while rooting for a Giants win vs. Washington to keep #4).

I'm just about 2021 checked out and can't wait for the offseason.

Every game to root for this week:
Detroit over Green Bay (DET win)
Houston over Tennessee (HOU win)
Jacksonville over Indianapolis (JAX win)
Arizona over Seattle (SEA loss)
Tampa Bay over Carolina (CAR loss)
NY Giants over Washington (NYG win)
Chicago over @Minnesota (CHI win)
Dallas over @Philadelphia (Lowers SOS of NYJ)
Kansas City over @Denver (Lowers SOS of NYJ)
Atlanta over New Orleans (Raises SOS of JAX)
Las Vegas over LA Chargers (Raises SOS of HOU)
Cleveland over Cincinnati (Raises SOS of HOU + Lowers SOS of NYJ)
Need Giants to get a win or they could jump us via SOS.

I can never bring myself to root for a loss.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Every game to root for this week:
Detroit over Green Bay (DET win)
As a fan of the old American Football League, remembering the first two AFL-NFL Championship games (now called the Super Bowl), I would root for the Hounds of Hell over the Packers.
Later

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Spoiler, shmoiler. I want a win. In our last two games which we should have won, we failed to break the tape.
We beat some good teams in our limited wins.
As one Jets fan would say, "pret-ty good, pret-ty good".

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
As much as a win here would be great, I can't see it happening. Play hard and competitive like you did last week Jets and build from the season from there!

Last edited:

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I'm worried about the Tackles and Zach getting hurt. Gotta hope the OC employs some extra help up front that will serve both the running game and protection........Jets are gonna need the Receiver group to 'win' quickly in getting open

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
The Buffalo Bills find themselves as massive favorites for the second straight game with a 17-point spread against the New York Jets. While they managed to win last week against the Falcons, they failed to cover the 14.5 point closing spread.

This is the second time this season the Bills have been favorites of 14 or more and the sixth time they have been favorites of 10 or more. In games they are favored by double digits, the Bills have disappointed and have a 3-3 ATS record. They are 1-1 ATS in games with a spread of 14 or more.

Meanwhile, the Jets were minutes away from ruining yet another game for Tom Brady until the defense suffered an epic meltdown. With just 30 seconds left in the third quarter, the Jets were up 24-10 over the Bucs. Then, Brady went into full GOAT mode and led Tampa Bay on three straight unanswered scoring drives. The Bucs scored and scored a two-point conversion with 15 seconds left.

Can the Jets bounce back and end the season on a high note for a change? Or, will the Bills live up to the hype and run them out of the arena this weekend?
Yes, they will.............................................😃

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Gameday !

last one, finalmente (the season is indeed one week too many)

looking forward to when it's:
Last Gameday of the regular season ! Win and they get a bye next week.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Gotta believe the Bills will go all out to win this game and convincingly. Winning means the division and doing it early means they can sit a few guys down. Going to be a tough one, no doubt.