Official Game Thread: Jets at Colts TNF

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
I feel the need to say that the Colts have film on Mike White now and the game and results we see tomorrow will be much different than last Sunday but who knows. Kurt Warner came from where, so did Tony Romo and quite a few other QBs. So maybe we have found a hidden gem here but I seriously doubt it. Don't be surprised Jets fans if the Cinderella ball drops on White tomorrow night and we see a much different out put in a Primetime game on National T.V. That would be SO JETS LIKE!!!

I truly hope you're wrong, but i have had that feeling about film too.

1.) my guess is that they begin by stuffing the passing lanes so the quick hitter ain't so quick so often.

2.) by doing that, they congest the box against the run too with extra defenders; albeit DB's, we don't have a power back to exploit their dime package against our run...like the Steelers did in the 2010 AFC Champ Game after we successfully clogged lanes against Manning and Brady.

3.) White will have to hit receivers down field, in stride, and consistently to start the game to change the Colt's coverages.

I really wanted Zach to be the 50 year old answer to our QB question, but if Mike is...totally down with it!!! I wish him the best.

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

1.) my guess is that they begin by stuffing the passing lanes so the quick hitter ain't so quick so often.

2.) by doing that, they congest the box against the run too with extra defenders; albeit DB's, we don't have a power back to exploit their dime package against our run...like the Steelers did in the 2010 AFC Champ Game after we successfully clogged lanes against Manning and Brady.

3.) White will have to hit receivers down field, in stride, and consistently to start the game to change the Colt's coverages.

I really wanted Zach to be the 50 year old answer to our QB question, but if Mike is...totally down with it!!! I wish him the best.
His scouting report that G posted states he has a good long ball. Let em stack the box. One or 2 long strikes will back them up.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
His scouting report that G posted states he has a good long ball. Let em stack the box. One or 2 long strikes will back them up.

if we have our very own Tom Brady LifeTime Made for TV Movie Event on our hands, i am all over this!
but the fantastic scouting report didn't unseat Cooper Rush in Dallas...as White made it here.

i am all for this kid to work out in a big way!!! But i really want to see him be above average for three games to see if he is for real, and he will truly be a case of 32 teams skipping him 4 times including the one that did pick him in the 5th all living to regret it.

Last edited:

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics

I’m a New York Jets fan first and I always want them to win regardless. Well, except for last year when I wanted them to tank for Trevor and Justin after they won their game. Oh, and three years ago when I wanted them to tank for Sam. Lol! We see how that Sam thing turned out. SMDH!

Anyway, if Mike White is the answer I’m fine with that but I’m a realist at the same damn time. Mike was with the Jets for two years at least, on and off their practice squad! He was drafted by the Cowboys and cut from them. So either this guy is a really late bloomer and a true hidden gem or he had ONE GOOD GAME! Maybe he’ll have a few more decent games at the least but him being the answer, I truly doubt that!

We’ll see how he does tonight but I’m not expecting anything great like last week or even decent. It would be SO JETS LIKE for them to get embarrassed, like BUTT FUMBLE embarrassed after what happened last week. Is Zach the answer, only time will tell but I would think if Mike White had this in him for good, it wouldn’t have taken over three years to reveal itself.

Especially since he was playing behind pure garage in Sam Darnold and Flacco and whoever else was on the team those pass three years. I’ll admit it, I’m expecting the worse so I won’t be hurt if/when it happens and if they win on his arm or he has even a decent game, I’ll rejoice!

Jetsrule128

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
Jets- WR Corey Davis RB Tevin Coleman QB Zach Wilson DL Jonathan Marshall QB Joe Flacco S Jarrod Wilson OL Laurent Duvernay Tardif FB Nick Bawden DL Ronnie Blair OL Grant Hermanns CB Lamar Jackson S Natrell Jamerson WR DJ Montgomery OL Ross Pierschbacher DL Hamilcar Rashed OL Dru Samia DL Tanzel Smart WR Vycint Smith RB Austin Walter TE Kenny Yeboah LB Noah Dawkins

Colts- DE Ben Banogu T Jullien Davenport OL Will Fries WR TY Hilton CB Bopete Keyes RB Marlon Mack WR Tarik Black DE Kameron Cline WR Keke Coutee CB Darqueze Dennard TE Farrod Green WR Demichael Harris QB Brett Hundley TE Michael Jacobson LB Malik Jefferson T Carter O Donnell T Greg Sneat CB Chris Wilcox DT Chris Williams TE Eli Wolf

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Doctor in the house
New Cheerleader debuting tonight
QB 4 inactive awesome

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Not a fan of TNF. Too soon since last game, too long until next game, too late at night.

however, it's going to be nice to watch a game without the pressure having to switch back and forth with Red Zone

Last edited: