Pete Rose

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
ESPN just reported that they have evidence that Pete Rose bet on baseball when he was a player and not only as coach as it has been known.

Do you think people will still want him in the HOF?

S

sg3

ESPN just reported that they have evidence that Pete Rose bet on baseball when he was a player and not only as coach as it has been known.

Do you think people will still want him in the HOF?
MLB is sponsored partially by DraftKings.com a gambling site

Speaking of hypocrisy

S

sg3

And if Pete Rose and Joe Jackson aren't in Cooperstown, and Bill Mazeroski, Richie Ashburn and MLB career strikeout king Reggie Jerkson are.....

There is no hall of fame

Johnny Unite Us

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
I'd put him in posthumously. But I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of an induction ceremony while he's still around.

U

ucrenegade

depends i guess...............not worse than what the steroid people did or the cheating patriots IMO

NickSINYC

Veteran
Jet Fanatics
If he bet against his own team as either a manager or player keep him out forever anything else his ban has gone on long enough.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
he should be drawn and quartered, then hung from the highest tree. And that's just for picking an on-field fight with 130 pound shortstop Bud Harrelson.

As for betting on baseball, he intentionally disobeyed a rule that is posted in every clubhouse he entered and the penalties are clear. What he did is unforgiveable. He should not be reinstated.
Ever.
When they cut his pieces down from that tree, they should be buried in an ant hill and covered with honey.

Later

Golden Rott

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
he should be drawn and quartered, then hung from the highest tree. And that's just for picking an on-field fight with 130 pound shortstop Bud Harrelson.

I was about 12 years old and sitting in the stands at Shea for that game. Bud Harrelson was one of my favorite players back then -- as a short kid who played SS in Little League, I always identified with Harrelson.

I have hated Pete Rose ever since.

S

sg3

I think all the hypocritical owners and MLB officials now officially promoting betting on baseball through draft kings should, thus breaking that same dumb rule should also be banned for life