R.J. Barrett drated by the New York Knicks!

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
For those that are basketball and especially NBA fans, this is for us! The Knicks have finally done something right by drafting this kid. He will be or has all the makings of being a superstar and a future first ballot HOFer. I personally like this pick more then Zion to the Knicks because I feel it's a bit safer. Zion is a monster, he's all world and he will be a superstar and a future first ballot HOFer as well. As long as he can stay healthy and hungry enough to maintain his weight and that's the issue for me. I don't doubt his motor, heart, talent or even his desire at this point in being the best but he plays with such reckless abandoned at 285 pounds and he's only 19 years old. The wear and tear on his body of the way he plays, after the years and the grind of the NBA has to come into factor after awhile.

Will he be the same player 5 or 7 or 9 years from now or will all that weight cause some kind of major injury? Will he even gets pass 3 years without a major leg injury with the way he plays and carrying all that weight? Now obviously he's having no problem carrying the weight thus far and it seems to be his natural body structure, so he might turn out to be just fine for a 15 year career. However; you gotta figure at 285 pounds and he's just a teenager at this point, he will only get stronger and bigger like most players and people do, so what then? Will he still be the same player, will he be able to maintain all that weight the way he plays and stay healthy and if so, will age and the weight start to wear down his interest maintaining himself and his passion of playing the game of basketball?

Obviously these aren't questions we have to worry about with R.J. Barrett and he may turn out to be our Tracy McGrady or Kawhi Leonard or Kobe Bryant.

Last edited:

Ty D. Bowls

Day 3 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
For those that are basketball and especially NBA fans, this is for us! The Knicks have finally done something right by drafting this kid. He will be or has all the makings of being a superstar and a future first ballot HOFer. I personally like this pick more then Zion to the Knicks because I feel it's a bit safer. Zion is a monster, he's all world and he will be a superstar and a future first ballot HOFer as well. As long as he can stay healthy and hungry enough to maintain his weight and that's the issue for me. I don't doubt his motor, heart, talent or even his desire at this point in being the best but he plays with such reckless abandoned at 285 pounds and he's only 19 years old. The wear and tear on his body of the way he plays, after the years and the grind of the NBA has to come into factor after awhile.

Will he be the same player 5 or 7 or 9 years from now or will all that weight cause some kind of major injury? Will he even gets pass 3 years without a major leg injury with the way he plays and carrying all that weight? Now obviously he's having no problem carrying the weight thus far and it seems to be his natural body structure, so he might turn out to be just fine for a 15 year career. However; you gotta figure at 285 pounds and he's just a teenager at this point, he will only get stronger and bigger like most players and people do, so what then? Will he still be the same player, will he be able to maintain all that weight the way he plays and stay healthy and if so, will age and the weight start to wear down his interest maintaining himself and his passion of playing the game of basketball?

Obviously these aren't questions we have to worry about with R.J. Barrett and he may turn out to be our Tracy McGrady or Kawhi Leonard or Kobe Bryant.

I feel the same regarding getting Barrett instead of Zion. I always think of Larry Johnson when I look at Zion and wonder if Zion will be the same guy if he loses that explosiveness, which is not uncommon. It happened to Amare Stoudemire too after he first came in and got hurt early on.

Barrett on the other hand will rely on intelligence and savvy. It may take him time to adjust but I think he ultimately will.

Btw, I was encouraged by how Knox looked in the Summer League game against N.O., before the earth quake- yikes, even tho Zion ripped the ball out of his arms at one point. I am one who was down on Knox so I was looking with a critical eye. And Zion did look good, no denying.