Remember the Jet: Rob Moore

W

We ARE Coming!!!

New article posted by our writer Tony! Check it out. Do you guys remember Rob Moore?

#85, WR Rob Moore.

With the 1st pick in the 1990 NFL supplemental draft, the NY Jets picked a solid offensive weapon.
Born right here in East Meadow, NY, Rob attended Syracuse where he became the first SU WR to eclipse 1,000 yards in a season.

Rob was a solid starter for the 5 seasons he wore the green and white. He started all but 3 games and averaged 850 yards and 4 touchdowns per season. Rob made an immediate impact with 6 touchdown receptions in 1990 as a rookie.

In 1994, Rob was named to the Pro Bowl for the first time in his career. Soon thereafter, the Jets traded Moore to the Arizona Cardinals for the 16th pick in the 1995 NFL draft. With that pick, the Jets selected a very talented Defensive End named Hugh Douglas.

Rob enjoyed his finest year in 1997 with the Cardinals finishing with 97 receptions and 1,584 yards. He retired after the 1999 season and is currently the WR coach for the Buffalo Billls.

U

ucrenegade

Rob Moore was a really good WR, I remember watching him alot at Syracuse who I am a huge fan of. He and the "missle" Quadry Ismail were two of my fav SU wr's and Marvin Harrison of course.

J

Jetsfanatic

I remember the opening game of the season in 1994 when he played with a cast on his hand. I thought it was a mistake to play him, but he actually had a nice game!

U

ucrenegade

I wish SU could get back to having those kind of classes again now we are competing with wyoming and yale for football prospects it sucks almost as much as being a Jets fan.

Savage69

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Rob Moore was a really good WR, I remember watching him alot at Syracuse who I am a huge fan of. He and the "missle" Quadry Ismail were two of my fav SU wr's and Marvin Harrison of course.

Rob Moore was the reason we didn't have a number 1 pick to take Favre when he entered the draft..:mad:

U

ucrenegade

Rob Moore was the reason we didn't have a number 1 pick to take Favre when he entered the draft..:mad:

didn't know that i watched football then but only on saturdays and sundays kinda young then was not a couch GM like I am now in my old age.

Savage69

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
That's right, Steinberg took him in the supplemental draft the prior season.

Ron Wolf was with the Jets personal dept and loved Favre when he left to become the Packers GM the first thing he did was trade their number 1 pick to the Falcons for Favre..

U

ucrenegade

Ron Wolf was with the Jets personal dept and loved Favre when he left to become the Packers GM the first thing he did was trade their number 1 pick to the Falcons for Favre..

so your saying our draft team wouldn't have bungled that pick and we def could have had favre?

Savage69

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
so your saying our draft team wouldn't have bungled that pick and we def could have had favre?

Actually we had a deal with a team ahead of the Falcons in the 2nd rd and they reneged because they thought the guy they wanted would be gone if they traded down a few spots.. But had we a 1st rd pick we would have taken Favre in the 1st.. We missed on Farve could of had Marino and Manning as well.. Sad really..

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
LOLz moore went to hempstead HS with my cousins & played at SU with a good friends little brother.. RB david walker..

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
the place still has its new site smell & you give a wet blanket favre fact??

J

Jetsfanatic

Actually we had a deal with a team ahead of the Falcons in the 2nd rd and they reneged because they thought the guy they wanted would be gone if they traded down a few spots.. But had we a 1st rd pick we would have taken Favre in the 1st.. We missed on Farve could of had Marino and Manning as well.. Sad really..

Wasn't it the Giants who we almost had a deal with?