Saleh doesn’t see Wilson’s injury as a setback

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Jets head coach Robert Saleh confirmed a report that quarterback Zach Wilson will miss two-to-four weeks with a PCL sprain at his Monday press conference and he also fielded a question of what the injury will mean for Wilson’s development.

Saleh was asked if he thinks that missing time is a setback for Wilson and an offense that has not been productive to this point in the season. Saleh said he thinks the time off will give Wilson a chance to “catch his breath” and that he can learn from watching Mike White run the offense.

“I don’t think it’s a setback,” Saleh said, via SNY. “I think it’s always good to be able to step away and watch the offense through the lens of another quarterback. We thought Mike did a really nice job yesterday running the offense, generating some scoring drives.”

Many argued this offseason that Wilson would have benefitted from that kind of view to start the season, but the Jets opted not to sign an experienced quarterback who could start games as Wilson adapted to professional life. Now they have no choice to sit him and hope that the time on the bench can be productive.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Jets head coach Robert Saleh confirmed a report that quarterback Zach Wilson will miss two-to-four weeks with a PCL sprain at his Monday press conference and he also fielded a question of what the injury will mean for Wilson’s development.

Saleh was asked if he thinks that missing time is a setback for Wilson and an offense that has not been productive to this point in the season. Saleh said he thinks the time off will give Wilson a chance to “catch his breath” and that he can learn from watching Mike White run the offense.

“I don’t think it’s a setback,” Saleh said, via SNY. “I think it’s always good to be able to step away and watch the offense through the lens of another quarterback. We thought Mike did a really nice job yesterday running the offense, generating some scoring drives.”

Many argued this offseason that Wilson would have benefitted from that kind of view to start the season, but the Jets opted not to sign an experienced quarterback who could start games as Wilson adapted to professional life. Now they have no choice to sit him and hope that the time on the bench can be productive.

“he can learn from watching Mike White run the offense.”
WTF????????
ok
now I’m sure
This fucking coaching staff has no clue

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
“he can learn from watching Mike White run the offense.”
then Joe Douglas traded for Joe Flacco... now have to wonder will the almighty Mike LaFleur play which QB his or Joe's?

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
then Joe Douglas traded for Joe Flacco... now have to wonder will the almighty Mike LaFleur play which QB his or Joe's?
What a shitshow

Hey I think I’ve heard that before!!!

biggerdan

Prospect
Jet Fanatics
Expect White to do very well and create a rookie-vs-rookie conflict for us.

Who else but the Jets could do that? We are SO special...

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
So, You all expect Joe Flacco to take us to the Super Bowl? Why not let White start. Let him play. Maybe he turns into another Tom Brady. If he doesn't, the higher the draft pick we get next year.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Don’t bet on it
White came in threw a touchdown then tossed two picks expect him to come in and throw three picks home against the Bengals...

I just hope they don't hurt him and then Joe Flacco is vaulted in, not knowing the playbook and will likely get called for many delay of games while he tries to audible to the plays he used last year...

:hbang:

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
So, You all expect Joe Flacco to take us to the Super Bowl? Why not let White start. Let him play. Maybe he turns into another Tom Brady. If he doesn't, the higher the draft pick we get next year.
Mike White is the starter, they traded for Joe to be the backup...

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
Well Saleh does have a point. If your practice squad guy performs the same as your high draft pick, then you don't really need the high draft pick. With that said, Wilson still has until 2024 to become good regardless of who is on the roster.

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
I hate brady. last thing the world needs is another asshole

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
Mike White is the starter, they traded for Joe to be the backup...
and that actually makes sense.

somehow, I don't picture White doing worse than Wilson either. then what? although Beavis will probably use the same run,run, pass, punt offense and nothing will even look different other than jersey number

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
and that actually makes sense.

somehow, I don't picture White doing worse than Wilson either. then what? although Beavis will probably use the same run,run, pass, punt offense and nothing will even look different other than jersey number
you have to wonder if White will come out and outshine the rookie what then?

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
So the team has become even more unwatchable than they were when Zach was playing. Hopefully this does help the kid. It never helped Darnold for three years, so we’ll see!

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
We gave up a sixth round pick for a backup? I wouldn't be surprised to see Flacco starting on Sunday, the CS are desperate not to see the season circling the plughole. Who gets cut when Sack returns? It would obviously be ridiculous to cut Flacco after 2-3 weeks.

As for Saleh putting a positive spin on it, do you expect him to burst into tears and announce that we're all doomed?

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Saleh is playing the hype man... He gets the players fired up on game day... He is doing the same through the media to fans, problem is unlike him we have been here over and over and Rex Ryan was right our patience is thin especially coming off a bye our game plan never waivered but didn't improve... Coaching is to blame and the Head Coach doesn't know what to do about it and is deferring to the hope that his coaches/friends will finally get it... Just because LaFleur's brother and Kyle Shanahan have successful implemented this offense doesn't mean Mikey will too...

have to get players that fit the scheme not try to fit a square peg in a round hole... GVR is the main problem right now and instead of trying to find an adequate replacement they trade a late round pick for a backup QB who will eventually start and that sixth rounder will become a fifth rounder...

there are players that are wasting away on our roster and we are not trying to trade them for donuts or bags of nuts or something in return or JD needs to implore the coaching staff to find roles for said players...

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I dont want Wilson on field until Jets gets 2 WRs and Center and Big powerful RB. To put him out there with these quitters or play hard when they feel like it will just do more harm with him. Not 1 O Lineman ran over to smack those 2 Pats players taking cheap shot at Zach. No balls. No heart to stand up for Rookie QB. Jets O Line should be ashamed of being COWARDS.

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Im wondering also Zachs mental outlook after Pats cheap shotting him back to back and not one Lineman came to his defense. Will it make him gun shy to blitzes? Make him throw passes with less confidence? Or have trust of his O Line to even protect him causing him to be axious under center? Will that Pats game set Zach back?