Sports Drop: Jets 2022 Predictions

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Sportsdrop was formed in 2015. I just heard of them today. Who knows how much they know? I do know we know , as Jets fans more than them. Their advantage is their lack of emotion. The part they definitely got right was Zach will be instrumental in either direction.
Here goes:
The Jets absolutely crushed it during the draft and also added a few key pieces in free agency. But whether they can make a significant improvement on last year’s 4-13 record is dependent on Zach Wilson. Can he take a step forward with an improved supporting cast?
In all likelihood, Gang Green is looking at another season with double-digit losses. But this is a young team that should get better during the season. That could make road trips to Pittsburgh, Denver, and Green Bay in October difficult. But the Jets have some winnable games after their bye in Week 10, so look for a strong finish.

Projected Record: 7-10

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
That is an entirely fair assessment.

bigtime fair.

but that ball is shaped funny and it bounces strangely; if the Jets "are in" a handful of games of the ascribed 10 losses in between the 7 wins, who knows that the record might be.

it might be an absolutely shocking number of losses... over or under 10.

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
After all the new WR's know the runs and timing of Zacks zip passes happens fast, I see the Jetz getting 9 wins! Thats if everyone gets on same page quicklyand catch Zacks passes. I do not want to see half of Zacks passes dropped bouncing off haands like last year. Next year is the Year I want to win Division off Zacks passing. I hope he keeps putting zip on his passes that reminded me of Dam Marino zipping to triple coverage and putting ball zipped into a 1ft area to WR hands.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
ANYTHING LESS THAN 7 WINS IS TRULY A DISAPPOINTING SEASON TO ME. 7 WINS SHOWS TRUE PROGRESS BUT MINUMIN PROGRESS AT THAT. 8 WINS DOUBLES LAST YEAR BUT ONLY ONE MORE WIN THAN 7, SO IS THAT REALLY BETTER THAN 7? 9 WINS IS TRULY THE BENCH MARK OF TRUE SUCCESS THIS YEAR BUT I DON'T THINK THEY'LL WIN 9 GAMES. SO I'LL GO WITH 8-9, SEEMS ABOUT RIGHT AND REALISTIC TO ME.

Rogue_Jets

Day 3 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
I don't care to hear about the tough schedule for the seasons beginning or how it is supposed to ease up in the final 7-8 games. that kind of thinking is how mediocre fans make it OK with losing tough games, but what happens when we lose the easier ones? Where do we dig up the excuses from this time around?
We have suffered through the intense ridicule from rival fans, sports casters, late night hosts and unfortunately former players. Screw all of them, this is our team not theirs. Finally it appears to me that the entire Jets organization is on board and working together to be winners. We have made tremendous strides in bringing in players, coaches, and managers who are like minded and can inspire an elite mind set towards winning games no matter who the opposing team may be.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
I don't have a problem with a 7-10 prediction. If I were doing sports forecasts, I probably wouldn't go higher than that. But I won't be happy with 7-10 next season.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
my main problem with the analysis is that it's lazy. to consistently state Zach's improvement is end all/ be all is patently lazy.
Big Ben and Brady were 2nd year starters who played in playoff runs, but they weren't the point of emphasis for their team's success.

their running games were. their defenses were. they were asked to secure the ball and pick up firsts when they were needed.
however, once the running games and defenses were counted on as the recipe for success, the passing games opened up for them.

my question is why do we have to rely on Zach's second year leap for the team's success when established blue prints for success state the opposite? no, Zach can't regress. However, IMO, this Jets team feels like a playoff team "if" the running game and defense lead the way until opposing teams prove they can stop our run and score on our D.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
my main problem with the analysis is that it's lazy. to consistently state Zach's improvement is end all/ be all is patently lazy.
Big Ben and Brady were 2nd year starters who played in playoff runs, but they weren't the point of emphasis for their team's success.

their running games were. their defenses were. they were asked to secure the ball and pick up firsts when they were needed.
however, once the running games and defenses were counted on as the recipe for success, the passing games opened up for them.

my question is why do we have to rely on Zach's second year leap for the team's success when established blue prints for success state the opposite? no, Zach can't regress. However, IMO, this Jets team feels like a playoff team "if" the running game and defense lead the way until opposing teams prove they can stop our run and score on our D.
I'm mostly with you but Zach needs to at least put up 2nd year Sam Darnold numbers.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
After all the new WR's know the runs and timing of Zacks zip passes happens fast, I see the Jetz getting 9 wins! Thats if everyone gets on same page quicklyand catch Zacks passes. I do not want to see half of Zacks passes dropped bouncing off haands like last year. Next year is the Year I want to win Division off Zacks passing. I hope he keeps putting zip on his passes that reminded me of Dam Marino zipping to triple coverage and putting ball zipped into a 1ft area to WR hands.

funny you mention Marino... IMO, the best passer ever with Montana a close second!

Marino didn't just put the ball into triple coverage for kicks; he did it when the Mark's brothers and Nat Moore would reach a clearing after making the catch for huge gains. He also did it when/because D's were not expecting it, because they thought they had the receivers bottled up... Zach has that, and he wakes up with it; it cannot be coached into him.

for all of the talk about "off platform", and "arm talent", the thing that excites me the most about #2 is (1.) the vision, (2.) the willingness to throw a receiver open, and (3.) like Marino, the super fast release.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
I'm mostly with you but Zach needs to at least put up 2nd year Sam Darnold numbers.
10-4... Sammy never had a ground game with us. Zach should have a stellar ground game. his second half ball security last year + the ground game makes me feel Zach is going to dwarf Sam's second season... and he won't even have to try that hard. Sam did a lot of that on his own with Gase on his back like an anchor.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
@skop you may know it as a 4-2-5.

my bad!!! LOL Emoji was removed!! I didn't mean to do that to your post about LB's.

you're correct. unless one of the kids (Sherwood or Nasrildeen), or both come out of camp as studs, we need to add, and then do so in the draft!!

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Sportsdrop was formed in 2015. I just heard of them today. Who knows how much they know? I do know we know , as Jets fans more than them. Their advantage is their lack of emotion. The part they definitely got right was Zach will be instrumental in either direction.
Here goes:
The Jets absolutely crushed it during the draft and also added a few key pieces in free agency. But whether they can make a significant improvement on last year’s 4-13 record is dependent on Zach Wilson. Can he take a step forward with an improved supporting cast?
In all likelihood, Gang Green is looking at another season with double-digit losses. But this is a young team that should get better during the season. That could make road trips to Pittsburgh, Denver, and Green Bay in October difficult. But the Jets have some winnable games after their bye in Week 10, so look for a strong finish.

Projected Record: 7-10
Anything less than 7 wins and it’s a true disappointment. I believe they can win more than that but I’ll be realistic and go 8 to 9 wins. I know it’s only 1-2 more than but it just looks and sounds better.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!