The Last Surviving "Boy of Summer" Dies

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Carl Erskine passed away yesterday at 97.
The "Humble Hoosier" was a great player and a better man. Pitched two no-hitters for "Dem Bums" in the 50s.
Gave his time and heart to those with disabilities.
R.I.P. "Oisk"
Oisk.jpgEbbets Oisk.jpg

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Somewhere in my house I have the scorecard from one of his no-hitters.
We'll miss 'ya, Oisk.
Later

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
The no-hitters:

only 4 strikeouts between the two games !

The WS SO Record at the time:

Great box scores, like Strat-o-Matic comes alive

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Some people wonder why Sandy Koufax who is alive and well at 88, was not considered a "Boy of Summer"?
Firstly, I adore Sandy, the greatest pitcher these eyes have ever seen. He graduated Lafayette H.S. in 1954. Went to U. of Cincinnati on a basketball scholarship. 6'2" , a white boy who can jump and dunk! He joined the Dodgers in '55 as a Bonus Baby where in those years he couldn't play as a Bonus Baby. He was in Brooklyn for the '55, '56, '57 season and the Traitor took them to L.A.
He did play for Nathan's Famous in Coney island as did years later, Joe Pepitone.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Thanks.
Later
and the Traitor took them to L.A.
I remember when we would ask, "If Hitler, Stalin and Walter O'Malley were coming at you and you had two bullets in your gun, what would you do?"
The answer was "Shoot O'Malley twice, just to be sure".
And it wasn't up for debate.
Today, when those teams that left New York play each other out there, I root for the San Andreas Fault.
Later

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Thanks.
Later

I remember when we would ask, "If Hitler, Stalin and Walter O'Malley were coming at you and you had two bullets in your gun, what would you do?"
Today, when those teams that left New York play each other out there, I root for the San Andreas Fault.
Later
Giphy Michael Ha.gif

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Thanks.
Later

Later
You guys are old
How to you know how to use the internet?
Maybe give @cheaterhater some lessons ?