The next HC and our current GM

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Here is an interesting question. Do you think the Darnold question is a loaded question for our HC prospects. IE if the candidate says Darnold sucks and should be replaced.....is he out of contention? We all heard the new HC would have a say in the Darnold question, but do they really???

Thoughts.....
Darnold is back for another year

ReallyBigfan

How Big is Too Big?
Jet Fanatics
I’m going out on a limb here...... but I think after tomorrow the HC very well may be Eberflus. He is a CEO type, which the others are not. Daboll will be going the Chargers... EB ain’t the guy and neither is Salah. I also would not be surprised to see Marvin Lewis on the staff in some capacity. If Campbell actually interviews, Ill retract and say he is the man. I just don’t know what the story is with him....is he interviewing or not????
I was hoping for Campbell but that seems out now, so my top two choices are probably Saleh and Daboll. Not sure why anyone is saying that Saleh does not have the CEO persona, everything I've read about him suggests that he is maybe the leading candidate in that respect.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics

I don't know if he is good enough to build around, but it makes sense to at least get a better idea with some additional foundational pieces and a new set of eyes at HC. Remember, JD didn't draft Darnold so he will cut our losses if he has seen enough. If he chooses to keep him for another year then he faults Gase and hopes that he isn't too far gone. The best case for the Jets is that SD is salvageable, and JD knows it.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
no to Doug Pederson as HC, understand the connection between Joe Douglas and Pederson but he is not the right fit to lead our team...

will say this though after picking the right person, Doug Pederson could jump on board as OC or QB Coach and will be fine with that...

he was handcuffed in Philly on what he was able to do and who he was allowed to play meaning Carson Wentz had more stature to the owner then the HC did that is pathetic...

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
A little surprised Eberflus isn't in that group, but I'm not sitting in on the interviews either.
just what I heard... think Wink would surface to the top when he interviews...

CaptMyng

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
no to Doug Pederson as HC, understand the connection between Joe Douglas and Pederson but he is not the right fit to lead our team...

will say this though after picking the right person, Doug Pederson could jump on board as OC or QB Coach and will be fine with that...

he was handcuffed in Philly on what he was able to do and who he was allowed to play meaning Carson Wentz had more stature to the owner then the HC did that is pathetic...
Right....he only won a Superbowl...beating Bill Belicheat and the Patriots....with his 2nd string QB...we certainly don't need any of that!

marac

Veteran
Jet Fanatics
I'm thinking
HC Doug Pederson
OC Jon Defillipo currrently with the bears as QB coach
DC Jim Schwartz

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I’m thinking
The Jets pass on a QB
Keep Darnold
And suck till the next coach is hired
Another futile 2 years
The Jets are looking for a new QB
Oh come on
“You don’t want to be the Cleveland Browns “

ahh yea , I do

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The organization feels Sam is good enough to build around.

The organization is also the worst in the NFL
The organization is also a laughin stock
The organization is fucked

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Jets narrow their list of head coaching candidates, they are flying in 49ers DC Robert Saleh for a second interview today

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
if Saleh is the guy the his OC could be current QB coach of KC Chiefs Mike Kafka