Tinstar's Jet mock draft with no trades

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
23 - Teven Jenkins - OT - Oklahoma State - Big strong rugged and mean right tackle who excels in run blocking and plays up to and sometimes beyond the whistle .

34 - Jaelan Phillips - Edge - Miami - Super quick athletic defensive lineman with a myriad of medical issues that could derail his career in the NFL . Worth the risk because his abilities minus the medical would have made him a top 10 pick .

66 - Josh Myers - OC - Ohio State - big strong non athletic center who could fit right in on day 1 and allow our current center to move to RG strengthening to positions along the offensive line .

86 - Paulson Adebo - CB - Stanford - Tall CB with ball skills who knows how to play the ball in the air . Solid #s in a conference where the ball is put in the air a ton .

107 - Andre Cisco - S - Syracuse - Ball hawking safety who's on the recovery from a serious knee injury .

146 - Khalil Herbert - RB - explosive one cut runner who's a perfect fit for the zone blocking scheme the Jets will supposedly deploy . Solid receiving threat out of the backfield and also a solid blocking back .

154 - Sage Surratt - WR - Wake Forrest - big sure handed receiver who does the one thing you expect of a receiver . If the ball is near him, he will catch it .

186 - Dazz Newsome - You want weapons and the administrator here likes this guy .

226 - Racey McMath - WR - LSU - why the heck not .

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
23 Jenkins.... sign me up
34 Phillips.... medicals scare me a bit.... but talent is there. I’m ok with this
66 Myers.... sign me up unless Humphrey is still there
86 Adebo....sign me up
107 ... If Chuba Hubbard is available at this pick... I would snag him here
146 ... Best available linebacker
154.... Surratt.... yep sign me up
186.... Newsome.... I heard of him, but don’t know a lot
226.... Maybe a decent kicker here
Overall..... if the draft played out as your prediction predicated..... it would be a massive success

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
23 Jenkins.... sign me up
34 Phillips.... medicals scare me a bit.... but talent is there. I’m ok with this
66 Myers.... sign me up unless Humphrey is still there
86 Adebo....sign me up
107 ... If Chuba Hubbard is available at this pick... I would snag him here
146 ... Best available linebacker
154.... Surratt.... yep sign me up
186.... Newsome.... I heard of him, but don’t know a lot
226.... Maybe a decent kicker here
Overall..... if the draft played out as your prediction predicated..... it would be a massive success
Thanks for the feedback. I am not really a fan of The Oklahoma State RB . Depending on the Linebacker I got no problem. I like Surratt from NC or Monte Rice from Georgia.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Thanks for the feedback. I am not really a fan of The Oklahoma State RB . Depending on the Linebacker I got no problem. I like Surratt from NC or Monte Rice from Georgia.
I believe it was GMF who mentioned that the Jets defensive brain-trust was at Georgia's pro day to observe and speak with Ajulari, Rice and the CBs. Wouldn't surprise me if Rice was a mid-round pick.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
23 - Teven Jenkins - OT - Oklahoma State - Big strong rugged and mean right tackle who excels in run blocking and plays up to and sometimes beyond the whistle .
That makes him sound like a rally-killing penalty waiting to happen. (I think the team's all-time record in that category may be held by Chris Ward (a MENSA candidate from THE Ohio State University).
Later

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
My concern with Myers is his fit in the system. He has power, but I'm not sure he is nimble enough on his feet for a Shanny system.

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
With a new 21 year old QB I hope Jets gets a Center or GM choice up front with first 3 picks. I want a big RB with speed and power that wears down Defenses and help rookie QB. So QB,RB,O Lineman unless something great falls to Jets at end of first like WR or TE to use 1 pick on after QB.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I honestly like the idea of a veteran center with a rookie QB. McGovern didn't wow, but he did a better job in the second half of the year. I'd be more interested in seeking a guard than I would a center, but that's just me.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Phillips is a boom or bust. I would hate to waste a high #2 on someone with a concussion history and we have a history of wasted 2nd Rd picks. I would use the 2nd Rd pick on either a CB, RB, LB or Center (not Creed Humphrey) who fits our OC scheme.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I figure it's worth the gamble . If i can get high level performance from that cat during his rookie contract it would have been worth it .

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Sorry...was on the phone when I read it. i doubled tasked poorly today.

Attachments

• Italian torture.jpg
    Italian torture.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 6