To J.D. Regarding Trading Down To #6

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Fautanu projects as a guard in the NFL, and has a medical red flag with major concerns about his durability. It appears to be a long term issue that could likely cut his career short.
Major reach at 10.
A guard? I haven't seen that, and if I did, I'd say it would be insanely wrong. I don't see his skill set working at guard. He would be facing more bull rushers and strength guys and fewer speed rushers, which makes no sense for a guy whose athleticism and technique hold the edge on the outside. Plus his run blocking is not a strength. So moving him to guard would take away all of his strengths and playing to his weaknesses.

As for major concerns, where did that come from? He missed quite limited time in college. Was there some time after college but before being drafted where he missed a lot of time?

Last edited:

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
A guard? I haven't seen that, and if I did, I'd say it would be insanely wrong. I don't see his skill set working at guard. He would be facing more bull rushers and strength guys and fewer speed rushers, which makes no sense for a guy whose athleticism and technique hold the edge on the outside. Plus his run blocking is not a strength. So moving him to guard would take away all of his strengths and playing to his weaknesses.

As for major concerns, where did that come from? He missed quite limited time in college. Was there some time after college but before being drafted where he missed a lot of time?

I know, he was picked by the Jets, so there have to be reasons to hate on him
Some thing with his knee was uncovered during his combine medical testing. I think the projections for guard are due to his size.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Some thing with his knee was uncovered during his combine medical testing. I think the projections for guard are due to his size.
The only thing I heard about his knee was from some moron Jets fans who were asking why he was wearing knee braces. Hell, I played DIII OL three decades ago, and back then we all wore knee braces as a precaution.

As for his size, to me, his body type is perfect for an athletic and technique-based LT.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The only thing I heard about his knee was from some moron Jets fans who were asking why he was wearing knee braces. Hell, I played DIII OL three decades ago, and back then we all wore knee braces as a precaution.

As for his size, to me, his body type is perfect for an athletic and technique-based LT.
I think he hurt meniscus or MCL in 2022.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
He missed a few games that year, yes. I think he only played 8 in 2022. Didn't miss any time in 2023. So it might be a concern, but it seems like a pretty minor one if he played the way he did in 2023 on it.
Yeah I'm not worried about it. All those fat fucks wear braces. I'm good with the pick because JD picked up two guys on the OL that are coming off injury in Moses or has an injury history (Smith). This is good insurance since the Jets always have injuries. There is no doubt this pick will be playing at some point this season and he will get a chance to learn from two very good NFL starters.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Yeah I'm not worried about it. All those fat fucks wear braces. I'm good with the pick because JD picked up two guys on the OL that are coming off injury in Moses or has an injury history (Smith). This is good insurance since the Jets always have injuries. There is no doubt this pick will be playing at some point this season and he will get a chance to learn from two very good NFL starters.
Tebow, I love that you, knowing I was an OL in college, so casually and with great delight throw out terms like "fat fucks." It is honestly hilarious.