Two more weeks to Justin Fields

forevergreen

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Trevor Lawrence + New Coach = 15 to 20 years of watchable football. I think this is the only thing keeping the fanbase whole this season. If this doesnt happen I think we will be burning jerseys outside of metlife. I really think if it doesnt happen it will be the straw that broke the camels back after this freaking season.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Trevor Lawrence + New Coach = 15 to 20 years of watchable football. I think this is the only thing keeping the fanbase whole this season. If this doesnt happen I think we will be burning jerseys outside of metlife. I really think if it doesnt happen it will be the straw that broke the camels back after this freaking season.
Agreed 1,000 percent

NickSINYC

Veteran
Jet Fanatics
i think BB hates the Jets enough to tank the last game if it is meaningless to cost the us Lawrence

maxmet

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
until when can Lawrence decide to go back to school in this process?

can he say - I am fine being on the jets - but I would rather go back to school than play for Gase?

how late in the process can he decide?

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
until when can Lawrence decide to go back to school in this process?

can he say - I am fine being on the jets - but I would rather go back to school than play for Gase?

how late in the process can he decide?

Underclassmen have until seven days following the NCAANational Championship Game to declare their intentions to do so.

Once they declare they cannot go back

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Although all or most of us and that includes me want Trevor Lawrence, I believe Justin fields would be a great consolation prize. If this all goes bad with Lawrence for whatever reason. I think either will definitely give us a lot more with the right pieces and CS then Darnold would. Hell with the right pieces and CS, Darnold would probably give us quite a bit more himself.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
We definitely need to reset at the QB position. I wanted Darnold to work out here, but the Jets are impossible to overcome their inadequacies as an organization. I feel bad for whatever QB is drafted by the Jets.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
We definitely need to reset at the QB position. I wanted Darnold to work out here, but the Jets are impossible to overcome their inadequacies as an organization. I feel bad for whatever QB is drafted by the Jets.
A QB with the talents of Lawrence or Fields under a better coaching staff and weapons can do some major work here. It might take 2-3 years to come together but we’ll start seeing it next year. This is why you draft either one of those guys and have to move on from Darnold.

We know for a fact that we have about ten drafts picks and about $80 million this year in cap space (top 3-4) and Joe Douglas is in control of all of that. He can and will work wonders with that alone. This is something that he proved last year that he can do is build a team.

What we don’t know is who our QB and HC will be next year. This is the mystery! Under the right coaching staff, Lawrence, Fields and Darnold can hold their own. It just appears that Lawrence or Fields can truly be a difference maker but Darnold hasn’t proven that yet.

Darnold never got the chance to prove that here but hopefully he will on another team!

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
To me it’s TL or bust. The rest of the QB’s need years to develop. I also want a QB that has played a lot of games.

Last edited:

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I’ve seen Fields play twice and he hasn’t impressed me at all. We already have a QB that can’t read a defense.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
I say trade & get both of them no matter what it cost. then the Jets can decide with the D Man which one is the best & second best & the least favorite one. when all the votes are in they should keep the one they like the least. Then we will have out great QB. The only way it will work. Yes we get rid of lots of choices but then Qb is that important...we can fill in the rest

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
I say trade & get both of them no matter what it cost. then the Jets can decide with the D Man which one is the best & second best & the least favorite one. when all the votes are in they should keep the one they like the least. Then we will have out great QB. The only way it will work. Yes we get rid of lots of choices but then Qb is that important...we can fill in the rest
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, Lol

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
I haven’t watched either championship games but Clemson is handling Notre Dame, shows what a difference Trevor Lawrence makes and the Ohio State vs. Iowa State, OSU who but from the stats JF wasn’t as impressive.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I haven’t watched either championship games but Clemson is handling Notre Dame, shows what a difference Trevor Lawrence makes and the Ohio State vs. Iowa State, OSU who but from the stats JF wasn’t as impressive.

Fields can't read a defense very well. He is a great athlete, but TL is a great QB. Its Trevor at #1 or Oregon OT at #2, Pitts at #25 and Najee at #33

Last edited:

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Fields can't read a defense very well. He is a great athlete, but TL is a great QB. Its Trevor at #1 or Oregon OT at #2, Pitts at #25 and Najee at #33
So your saying if the Jets screw this up and get the #2 pick, you’d keep Darnold and draft the olinemen from Oregon at #2?

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Can only hope we get him. Then Joe Douglas has set Jets up to turn our Jets around quickly with many early round Draft picks and number 2 team with most cap room. So if everything goes right for Jets like first pick in Draft a QB, top RB and WR and then go out and get a Center,WR,CB,LB with money. Then the big ticket is Joe Douglas hiring a Head Coach thats Right to put this together. Joe Douglas could be the hero if Owners allow him to hire and fire to have control. I never liked Coach over GM with no power to fire bad personnel. Johnsons just dtep back and pay and do what GM says because this isnt fantasy Football you are playing.🤪😜🤨