Update: New York Jets 2021 Draft Class

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Personally................I don't expect any of the round 6 picks to make the roster and I also have doubts about the 2nd and 3rd 5th round picks
actually since we were thin at linebacker both Sherwood & Nasirildeen will not only make the roster but will compete for starting roles... Jarrad Davis is on a one year prove it deal... Smart move by Saleh in his defense need cover linebackers and who are the best fit for this role, safeties...

Marshall may not make the team but injuries may give him a chance...

expect everyone but Marshall & Pinnock to make the active 53...

Brandin Echols is this years Bless Austin, Bryce Hall player...

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
actually since we were thin at linebacker both Sherwood & Nasirildeen will not only make the roster but will compete for starting roles... Jarrad Davis is on a one year prove it deal... Smart move by Saleh in his defense need cover linebackers and who are the best fit for this role, safeties...

Pinnock may surprise. He's a great scheme fit for a position of great need (outside CB), and his frame is suited. If he shows enough football speed, he might have a chance of making the 53.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics

I think Sherwood will probably make the starter list. He's speedy and a super tackler. I had Nasirildeen and Echois listed as only average in their overall skill set. But I believe you are correct that Salah likes to use safeties as hybrid linebackers. I'm happy with the first five picks though. Over all think the Jets did well, especially on offense. We may pick up a few diamonds in the rough in the undrafted free agent pool as well.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I have a friend that is an Arkansas alum and he said, "Jets are getting a quality young man in Marshall. He’s worked hard, rarely came off the field. With a good DL coach, he’ll be very productive I believe." He also said, "He was a DE when he got to Fayetteville so he can possibly move out there. He was the 2nd strongest on the team so hopefully just his work ethic and motor it works out somewhere in the league."
Fingers crossed.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Got a little defensive back heavy in the later rounds of the draft huh, Lol! Great draft overall and I wonder how they are going to make all these DBs work. I know 2-3 of them are hybrids and can play linebacker. Guess that’s the thought process. I would have like another olinemen and maybe a TE but there’s always the undrafted guys for that.

Last edited:

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Still think we should have taken Deonte Brown when he dropped into the sixth, instead of one of the camp cut DBs. We know that with our luck whenever we draft someone to make a difference he is invariably injured by week three and the guy who wasn't good enough last year is the starter again. So when AVT goes down it'll be back to last year's line.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
IMO all the draft picks will make the team. Some good picks for Special teams. Grabbed guys who may turn out to be Good CB's. Seattle did the same thing and found gems. I also liked the FA we grabbed after the Draft. Douglas is drafting OL like Dallas did. One each year to build a monster Offensive line.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Still think we should have taken Deonte Brown when he dropped into the sixth, instead of one of the camp cut DBs. We know that with our luck whenever we draft someone to make a difference he is invariably injured by week three and the guy who wasn't good enough last year is the starter again. So when AVT goes down it'll be back to last year's line.

He's be an awful scheme fit. You can't run a zone blocking scheme with someone as unathletic as him.

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
"Bigmoe, post:
Why doesn’t Kiper give it up
Oh he would have kept Sam !
Fuckum
Kiper didn't give them the "A" , they didn't keep Sam.
Putz!

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Jamien was the first draft pick of 259 to sign his rookie deal... This says more about JD is not messing around!!!

Riggins_44

Day 1 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
Very happy with Jets trading up for O Line. Still in Division we are behind rest in Defense and Offense as a whole . But we are in Full rebuild now.

Thinking back on how stupid and lazy the Jets were drafting a DT every year. They missed out on so much talent. Douglas see the big picture and he will not hit on every draft pick but he knows where they need talent and that will always keep your team competitive.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

He dominates against bigtime SEC players.. Could be a huge steal that late in the draft.

there is a big chance he makes the practice squad, just because he is raw with his technique and we have too many d-linemen on the roster.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I realize that is a highlight film, but how does he not get drafted until the 6th round?
he is all athleticism but raw technique... yes he played in the SEC but what was his team's record again?, that does matter...
how many points did opposing offenses score against this defense? they were not good, a highlight film is just that glimpses of potential but he is too raw, needs coaching, needs to get stronger only reason he was drafted at all was because our coaching staff loves athletic quick prospects for defense...