What to Do….. Fant vs Becton

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
I think you're assuming that our GM and other GM's see him as a top flight LT and will see him as such at contract time.
based on the limited amount of time he's been in the league, i don't see any GM offering him $20 million to be out of the line up.

if he gets onto the line at LT or RG, and is the player we think he can be, he can command $20 million at either spot; Thuney did at G, albeit LG.
Thuney gets $16 mil per year and then the drop off is significant. The 17th highest paid LT gets the same pay as the second highest paid RG. The average pay is double. One outlier ....
Becton would not be happy come contract time, no matter how you try to bend it. It's a minimum loss of $25 million over a 4 year deal.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Must admit, this is a pretty nice dilemma to have. Becton is no doubt or supposed to be our best olinemen and he probably is. Problem is we just can’t seem to keep him on the field. If that ever happens, with what we have now and what more they can bring to better the oline, sky’s the limit.