Who's behind the "Fire John Idzik" movement?

• Thread starter Deleted member 39
  • Start date

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Who's behind the "Fire John Idzik" movement?

Rex

Kentucky Jet

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
Sanchez was one of the least pressured QBs with the Jets. Yet his accuracy % was still awful ... every year. As was his QB rating, fumbles and interceptions.

Bottom of the pack under pressure.
Bottom of the pack when he was well protected.
He had one of the best O-lines and had a great running game to help.

If he's turned it around it's because he's improved his play. His interception % doesn't show that he's improved. His QB rating is somewhat higher so we'll see.

He was also a rookie that first year so its a bit unfair to cite accuracy. You will note I said"star" QB. Sanchez never was and seldom performed well. The team was great: he wasn't. BUT look at his play this year. overall he looks much improved BUT against the only good team he has faced and was hit and bothered, he lost. More hits will be coming as he plays better teams. The book is still open regarding Sanchez. Against poorer teams with no pass rush he looks much improved.

I maintain that NO QB can pass when they are on their backs or running for their life consistently.

D

Deleted member 39

He was also a rookie that first year so its a bit unfair to cite accuracy. You will note I said"star" QB. Sanchez never was and seldom performed well. The team was great: he wasn't. BUT look at his play this year. overall he looks much improved BUT against the only good team he has faced and was hit and bothered, he lost. More hits will be coming as he plays better teams. The book is still open regarding Sanchez. Against poorer teams with no pass rush he looks much improved.

I maintain that NO QB can pass when they are on their backs or running for their life consistently.

I agree that when you're pressured you can't play well. Totally with you on that. But Sanchez was one of the least pressured QBs when he was with the Jets. I know that sounds surprising (it did to me).

And I'll give him a pass for his inaccuracy during his rookie year. But it's never really improved. By the way, RG3's accuracy during his rookie year? -- top 3 in the league, according to Pro Football Focus.