Zach vs. Darnold so far and the rest of the year!

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Who fricken care about comparing a completely built Panther to Jets 40% built to compare QBs? How is that a fair evaluation ? Silly. Our current WRs are dropping a lot of critical passes like todays game. Wait til Jets get some decent players on both sides to compare QBs. I hope Darnold gets 45 mil a year and take away skilled players he will have to make up with talent.

That will never happen.

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Just as a high draft pick will go to a lousy team, a successful team will lose good players by Free Agency.
It's Goodell's Parity Plan.
Next year's draft he won't bring his chair from home, he'll bring pictures of his new home.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Who fricken care about comparing a completely built Panther to Jets 40% built to compare QBs? How is that a fair evaluation ? Silly. Our current WRs are dropping a lot of critical passes like todays game. Wait til Jets get some decent players on both sides to compare QBs. I hope Darnold gets 45 mil a year and take away skilled players he will have to make up with talent.
But we have been waiting 53 years for decent players Gas

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Just saw this posted by Connor Hughes. The kid is not playing horrible, he is just getting zero help.
Edit: sorry I don’t know how to make that picture better quality.

Attachments

• 550C08F9-B5C1-45C2-85CA-4F9EDEC8BC8F.jpg
    550C08F9-B5C1-45C2-85CA-4F9EDEC8BC8F.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 5

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Darnold if they face a good team will crumble. Darnold like Ive said surround him with talent will be a 15 to 20 ranked QB in NFL . This works if you dont pay QB big money that cause great talent to be cut that makes QB look better. Lets see Darnold facing a good team and how he does.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Darnold if they face a good team will crumble. Darnold like Ive said surround him with talent will be a 15 to 20 ranked QB in NFL . This works if you dont pay QB big money that cause great talent to be cut that makes QB look better. Lets see Darnold facing a good team and how he does.
I won't judge him until i see him play more but when is the last time we won the first three games to start the season . I think we might go back to when Ch's mother was swaddling him.

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Unfortunately, our GM, Joe Douglass-in-a-hole, is garbage. Sam Darnold showed potential when he was here. His stats went down when the imbecile let Robby Anderson go. But of course it's Gage's fault...sarcasm.
riiiight...and these days Robbie Anderson is on a milk carton....practically invisible except for the blown coverage (by a practice squad S) TD vs Jets week 1. Maybe our GM has set standards on the human level too - not dirtbags like him.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
I'll go a little further. Wait til the Jets get a new head coach, a new GM, a new owner.

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
this isn't rocket science to comprehend - rookie QBs make rookie mistakes - bad reads, missed reads, hold the ball. Problem here is those rookie mistakes are being COMPOUNDED by a rookie OC and the WR corp (drops and not getting open). Now the WRs have to own the drops along with the RBs - looking right at you Michael Carter. Is the play design not getting WRs open enough? Yes, Zach is also not seeing open guys but that is part of the rookie deal. Too many vertical pass plays called as well. Need more to the RBs and flats. On top of it all you have a OL that is severely compromised by the RG who is grading near the bottom for Guards - he is the literal definition of a swinging gate.

The better question to ask is how COULD Zach even hope to have been successful so far - it's just not there to set him up for success. Now this week they face a lesser defense for a change -expect to see some more open guys and opps for Zach to make plays - couple that with a hopefully smarter gameplan from the OC and I would think there is a chance to compete. Give me more of the same drops and poor play selection and the kid won't flourish.

One other thing - there were some really good plays made by Zach that show a clue is in there along with the talent.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
riiiight...and these days Robbie Anderson is on a milk carton....practically invisible except for the blown coverage (by a practice squad S) TD vs Jets week 1. Maybe our GM has set standards on the human level too - not dirtbags like him.
I agree. Players who catch 95 passes in a season and have over 1000 yards receiving are a dime a dozen.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
One other thing - there were some really good plays made by Zach that show a clue is in there along with the talent.

One other thing - there were some really good plays made by Todd, Darnold, Sanchez, smith that show a clue is in there along with the talent

Yes we have heard this song before

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I agree. Players who catch 95 passes in a season and have over 1000 yards receiving are a dime a dozen.
5 catches in 3 games.......world beater with his old QB at the helm...60 or so yards more than Denzel Mims in 2021

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
One other thing - there were some really good plays made by Todd, Darnold, Sanchez, smith that show a clue is in there along with the talent

Yes we have heard this song before
cmon - Sanchez was so bad he had a wristband with green-red-yellow coding depending on down/distance. Geno was dumb as dirt. Darnold is talented and Richard Todd, oh Richard Todd - guy was a pick machine. He'd have been worse if not for his legs and the ridiculous talent at the skill positions around him.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
5 catches in 3 games.......world beater with his old QB at the helm...60 or so yards more than Denzel Mims in 2021
His worst season with Darnold was about the same as Jameison Crowder's season last year. He had 14-15 YPC with Darnold in their 4 seasons together.