gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
1st round, No. 11 overall (from Minnesota) | Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
Instant grade: A-

Analysis: From a potential standpoint, Olu has the highest ceiling. He's got elite size, but does not have great hand usage or a punch. Fashanu is an excellent athlete, but may need some time to sit and improve. We will see if he is allowed that time or learns on the job.

TRADE: Minnesota traded the No. 11 overall pick, a 2024 fourth-round pick and a 2024 fifth-round pick to the Jets for No. 10 and No. 203 overall

3rd round, No. 65 overall (from Carolina) | Malachi Corley, WR, WKU
Instant grade: A+

Analysis: Corley rose during the pre-draft process and will be dynamic in space. Will take pressure off Garrett Wilson another space slithery option. Also will give opportunities to Xavier Gipson to stretch the field to open up the run game.

4th round, No. 134 overall (compensatory; from Baltimore) | Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin

Analysis: A three-year running back for the Badgers, accumulated two 1,000-yard seasons while at Wisconsin, while totaling 35 touchdowns over his career in Madison.

By selecting Allen with the No. 134 pick, the Jets reunite the running back with former teammate Joe Tippman, whom New York took in the 2nd round in the 2023 NFL Draft.

Instant grade: B+

5th round, No. 171 overall (compensatory; from Philadelphia) | Jordan Travis, QB, Florida State

Analysis: Travis is a dual-threat quarterback who broke several school records at Florida State. He produced the most touchdowns in school history (97) and the most yards in total offense (10,553). Entering to an set quarterback room will allow Jordan to sit and develop after he heals from his devestating injury last season.

Instant grade: Incomplete (A+ Potential)

5th round, No. 173 overall (compensatory; from Kansas City via San Francisco) | Isaiah Davis, RB, South Dakota State

Analysis: Davis 6-foot, 218-pounder played in 46 career games for the Jackrabbits. He recorded 4,548 rushing yards and 50 rushing touchdowns over his four seasons.

Instant grade: C+

5th round, No. 176 overall (compensatory; from San Francisco) | Qwan'tez Stiggers, CB

Analysis: Stiggers still needs to learn the nuances of reading routes and understanding concepts but at times his athletic skill and size get him to the football. Twitch and speed jump out on film. Not a sound tackler right now.

Instant grade: C-

7th round, No. 257 overall (compensatory) | Jaylen Key, DB, Alabama

Analysis: Mr. Irrelevant is coming to New York. Expectations there are none, Key spent five years at UAB before transferring to Alabama last season to play for Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide.

Instant grade: C+

Overall grade: B with potential to be more. Expectations is only Corley could start. Jets Offensive Line is set with starters. Signing Mike Williams, with GW and the rookie will give them a dynamic three receiver set. Adding not one but two running backs gives the team a stable of backs to be special teams and utilized on offense. Travis is an investment who likely will be put on a red-shirt year at least for the first year. With ARod and TTaylor the team has their one two punch in the QB room. Would not be shocked not to see Travis suit up this year at all, gives the team that extra roster spot. Drafting defensive backs will help both the corner and safety rotations.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first four picks. Up to taking Travis, I was all over this. Not sold on the back end of the draft. I guess if you're going to love a half of the draft, I'd rather love the front end more than the back end.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Welcome back GMF, hoping all is well! I loved the draft overall. Travis is the biggest draw to me who gets to sit for 2-3 years and hopefully be our guy. If he doesn’t it’s no real lose because of where he was drafted. He has the talent to be something special, so we’ll see! I believe he needs to pick up about 10-15 pounds of muscle also.

The first 3 picks I’m really excited for. Our first round pick gets to sit and learn for a year but if needed to play this year, I believe he’ll do well. Our WR and RB will be needed to contribute straight off the back and it seems as if they are ready. Isaiah Davis is a mystery but who knows, he might put it some work for us this year also.

Let’s go!!!

Last edited:

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
I hate to say this, I truly do but I think the Jets may have actually gotten it right this time with the QB. Maybe not drafting the right QB but he was drafted where he was supposed to be and if he turns out then great. If he doesn’t then it doesn’t really hurt us that bad at all!

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I hate to say this, I truly do but I think the Jets may have actually gotten it right this time with the QB. Maybe not drafting the right QB but he was drafted where he was supposed to be and if he turns out then great. If he doesn’t then it doesn’t really hurt us that bad at all!
I don't know if he is the right QB, but if he or any other QB can't learn from Rodgers and Tyrod then they are just not an NFL QB.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Jordan Travis needs the right coaching staff which WE DO NOT HAVE, his skill set is equal to Chargers Justin Herbert and with his athleticism could be much higher product but coming off that injury the smarter play would have him as a student learning the X's & O's on the commissioner's list as a redshirt season, then next year with a full season getting healthy give him that opportunity to become the backup to Aaron Rodgers if ARod stays for another year...

But this organization is so poorly shit ran from top to bottom that they need a clue from someone who cares which is not the owners nor is it the staff all looking to make things right they will fuck it up more...

We have four RBs only way to keep all four of them on the active 53 would be shelfing Travis for one year...

Europe_for_JETS

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Jordan Travis needs the right coaching staff which WE DO NOT HAVE, his skill set is equal to Chargers Justin Herbert and with his athleticism could be much higher product but coming off that injury the smarter play would have him as a student learning the X's & O's on the commissioner's list as a redshirt season, then next year with a full season getting healthy give him that opportunity to become the backup to Aaron Rodgers if ARod stays for another year...

But this organization is so poorly shit ran from top to bottom that they need a clue from someone who cares which is not the owners nor is it the staff all looking to make things right they will fuck it up more...

We have four RBs only way to keep all four of them on the active 53 would be shelfing Travis for one year...
My biggest concern exactly, and this doesn't apply only to QB coaching/grooming. We've had suspect (at best) coaching leadership when developing players over the last umpteen years where lack of QB coaching expertise is especially hurtful, dealing with the most important position in football. My painfully-hard-to-maintain glass-half-full attitude here is only fuelled by the presence of Rodgers and Tyrod who have the skills of neutralising that lack of proper QB coaching (so yeah, I second TCT's stance above on that).

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
You hate to say it but posted the exact same message on multiple threads?
:worried: :eyebrows:

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

Is the coaching in the coaches? Or might the key to him being coached up come with being in the same QB room as Rodgers and Taylor?

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Is the coaching in the coaches? Or might the key to him being coached up come with being in the same QB room as Rodgers and Taylor?
look LaFleur was hired was given the right to pick his QB he felt would command Shannahan's offense he stole. Look 49ers drafted Lance big mistake but we were just as pathetic drafting ZW... Players nowadays are only as good as their skill set fits the offensive game plan, over the course of their career can they develop into something else... If coaches would get out of their own way and tailor the offense to said QB we would not be having this discussion but our team the coaches are the problem, they are trying to prove themselves and have fell flat on their faces...

players have grown into their tier talent class, if we just figured out how to comfort the QB he would grow moving forward but our organization is so hell bent on winning they will put it all on a rookie but this year we have to veteran options in front of him...

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
look LaFleur was hired was given the right to pick his QB he felt would command Shannahan's offense he stole. Look 49ers drafted Lance big mistake but we were just as pathetic drafting ZW... Players nowadays are only as good as their skill set fits the offensive game plan, over the course of their career can they develop into something else... If coaches would get out of their own way and tailor the offense to said QB we would not be having this discussion but our team the coaches are the problem, they are trying to prove themselves and have fell flat on their faces...

players have grown into their tier talent class, if we just figured out how to comfort the QB he would grow moving forward but our organization is so hell bent on winning they will put it all on a rookie but this year we have to veteran options in front of him...
This is a solid point. Coaches should be more flexible, basing their system around the talent they have rather than trying to adapt players to their system.

In the case of Travis, he fell considerably because of an injury that:

1. Showed how important he was to his team, and
2. Is not a structural injury, such as a knee or shoulder.

I am hoping the Jets give him the time and resources to heal, develop, and step in when Rodgers calls it a career.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
We have an OC who is not the brightest OC, but we picked him to pry Rodgers to the Jets. We have an Offensive line coach who many around the league believe he is crap. For some unknown reason Saleh could do so much better. We could scour the league for a quality QB coach and yet we haven't. Saleh's the Coach, is he blind to what's going on around him besides the Defense?

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
We have an OC who is not the brightest OC, but we picked him to pry Rodgers to the Jets. We have an Offensive line coach who many around the league believe he is crap. For some unknown reason Saleh could do so much better. We could scour the league for a quality QB coach and yet we haven't. Saleh's the Coach, is he blind to what's going on around him besides the Defense?
This has more to do with Rodgers than anything. It's about placing him in a situation in which he is comfortable, and in which he has previously had success.

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
This is a solid point. Coaches should be more flexible, basing their system around the talent they have rather than trying to adapt players to their system.

In the case of Travis, he fell considerably because of an injury that:

1. Showed how important he was to his team, and
2. Is not a structural injury, such as a knee or shoulder.

I am hoping the Jets give him the time and resources to heal, develop, and step in when Rodgers calls it a career.
As stated before, a redshirt season where Travis never suits up and is in 100% learn mode would be ideal.