2024 NFL Draft: New York Jets Selections with Analysis

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Welcome back GMF! Hope everything is going well.

Draft seems like a huge crap shoot for most of these GM's LOL. We did attack positions of need, and positions that will help us transition to a gap scheme on offense, but only time will tell if these guys are any good.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Welcome back GMF! Hope everything is going well.
not even close...
having radiation injection treatments this week...
have myelitis also to go along with a benign tumor on my spine... tumor is flamed up but these treatments are slowly decreasing the tumor size to make hopefully a less invasive surgery... side effects suck, have ridiculous shakes...

Northlaker

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
God speed - GMF

Just a few thoughts/observations on the draft:

1) The drafting of the the 2 running backs says tp me obvious depth behind HALL but considering the physicality of both expect them each contribute mightily on special teams. without dating my self one of the all time best JET special teams players was beastly running back Marion Barber back in the 80s. Also, with Wilson & Gardner contracts on the arisen - AT THIS POINT in time - it seems doubtful in 2 years the team will be able to resign/afford HALL.

2) Regardless of not drafting BOWERS - the fact the team did not draft a TE later on strongly indicates they are very happy/contented(with all or at least 2) development wise/evolvement of Ruckert, Yeboah, & Kuntz(a supposed Rodgers fav).

3) Relative to Olu F, this is such a unique situation for a rookie - he is virtually going to get every single practice rep as SMITH is focuses (eke-ing out)another year playing/performing just on gameday. Hence, Olu's improvement/adjustment should be on the fast track. As an aside, it would seem if McGovern is amenable(i.e. no other team offers him starter opportunity/money) to being a backup interior lineman - his resigning could be imminent.

4) Lastly, as of THIS moment, the team has 6 WRs who appear to be roster locks(realizing a lot can happen between now and Sept). The 6: Charles( special teams ace and Hardee's heir apparent), Gipson(special teams returner and slot backup), Lazzard(huge guaranteed $$ and buddy of Rodgers), Corley, Williams & Wilson.
Virtually impossible to keep more then 6 on the 53 roster - so while they may sign a veteran before camp, unless it is a very favorable deal contract wise/economically - the team seemingly will wait to see how things unfold this summer. Of course, an unknown is Williams, and whether he has to start the season on the PUP etc.

Northlaker

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
Relative to the resigning of McGovern - one of the team's top college free agent signings(as I understand it)is O-Lineman Brady Latham(Arkansas). While primarily a LG - he has experience across the O-Line. He had a late round draft grade for many and may be the reason the team(at the moment anyway)is content to stay put with their present OL configuration, at least until they get a good look at Latham this spring.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
not even close...
have myelitis also to go along with a benign tumor on my spine... tumor is flamed up but these treatments are slowly decreasing the tumor size to make hopefully a less invasive surgery... side effects suck, have ridiculous shakes...
I am so sorry you have had to go through everything you've faced.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
not even close...
Hey G. Didn't see this. Been under the weather myself lately. All I can say is my prayers are with ya buddy and we're all pulling for ya. God Bless Jet Bro, and Thanks for doing this analysis.
Spot on about Travis.
Hopefully Hackett is fired before He screws this Kid up.
Hell I bet Payton took Zach off the Jets hands too try and show Hackett up.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
not even close...
Stay strong and keep fighting! God Bless GMF