250 Greatest Guitarists

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Wakeman is doing his "final"tour, he's at Ridgefield in March

Emerson-Wakeman-Banks, guess there's no one like these guys anymore because there isn't any new music that requires that level of skill

can't compare the three though, three different types but there seems to be only 1 of each

was crazy about these guys until I heard Corea, Hammer, Hancock and Zawinul

Today? gotta be Jordan Rudess. Who are yours?

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Wakeman is doing his "final"tour, he's at Ridgefield in March

Emerson-Wakeman-Banks, guess there's no one like these guys anymore because there isn't any new music that requires that level of skill

can't compare the three though, three different types but there seems to be only 1 of each

was crazy about these guys until I heard Corea, Hammer, Hancock and Zawinul

Today? gotta be Jordan Rudess. Who are yours?
There is none beyond Peter Robinson

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
how about George Duke, Derek Sherinian or Richard Barbieri (sp?)

Brian Auger? Patrice Rushen?

.. or maybe Mark Stein as most influential because he made everyone dump their easily carryable Farfisas and Vox Continentals so we can load Hammonds and Leslies in and out. Like moving $%^% furniture every night ?

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
how about George Duke, Derek Sherinian or Richard Barbieri (sp?)

Brian Auger? Patrice Rushen?

.. or maybe Mark Stein as most influential because he made everyone dump their easily carryable Farfisas and Vox Continentals so we can load Hammonds and Leslies in and out. Like moving $%^% furniture every night ?
Sad to say Duke is the only one

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
I'm still fairly old school when it comes to pianists/keyboardists. In the jazz mode, Oscar Peterson, Bill Evans, George Duke, Chick, and my personal favorite, Bud Powell. Maybe add Alan Pasqua from the "younger" players. In rock, Emerson, Wakeman, Ken Hensley, Johnnie Johnson (Chuck Berry's guy), Stevie Wonder, Lord, and Tony Banks.

Here's a pretty cool list:

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
OK guys take a break form the strings for a moment & enjoy the Keys

Woke up today thinking about this album and song specifically. "Firth of Fifth" embodies both breathtaking piano/keyboards and guitar. Banks and Hackett are incredible. The descending riff still gives me chills. Hackett's solo is crazy and mesmerizing in all the turns it takes.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Woke up today thinking about this album and song specifically. "Firth of Fifth" embodies both breathtaking piano/keyboards and guitar. Banks and Hackett are incredible. The descending riff still gives me chills. Hackett's solo is crazy and mesmerizing in all the turns it takes.

How about me don't you hear me clapping

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global

I go back & forth between that & cinema show. Mike Tony & Phil at one point live you think their instruments are going to blow up they are so hot