250 Greatest Guitarists

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Reading an article earlier in which they referenced a great guitarist in the prog mode, the late Ollie Halsall. Halsall played in a cool band I liked in the 70s called Patto, as well as in Tempest, briefly with Allan Holdsworth.

I'm floored Prof. Now that's going deep ! Shocked that anyone else remembers these guys. They were prog before the was prog.

Funny, I just asked Alexa for Turn Turtle the other day (didn't know it of course)

I'm still floored, I expect to hear about Bloodwyn Pig, Fat Mattress or Bloodrock next :)

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
I'm floored Prof. Now that's going deep ! Shocked that anyone else remembers these guys. They were prog before the was prog.

Funny, I just asked Alexa for Turn Turtle the other day (didn't know it of course)

I'm still floored, I expect to hear about Bloodwyn Pig, Fat Mattress or Bloodrock next :)
Thanks, man. I've forgotten more than I remember most days.

I read Halsall's name in an article and thought he should be included here. The song above just popped into my mind as I read the piece. Hadn't heard it--or thought of Halsall--in a million years.

You're correct when you say they were prog before prog was a rock concept. Very interesting music that I'm sure I did not understand fully as a kid.

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
Read this article yesterday on George Freeman. I have heard the name. But did not know much about the man who was an important part of Chicago's bebop scene. Reading the article, it is clear that he is an incredible and influential guitarist.

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
@Fudbutter As we're both fans of Paul Gilbert, thought I'd post this fantastic interview with Rick Beato. Gilbert is as frenetic as his playing, and just as entertaining. Really dug his take on so many musical aspects/directions.

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
@Fudbutter As we're both fans of Paul Gilbert, thought I'd post this fantastic interview with Rick Beato. Gilbert is as frenetic as his playing, and just as entertaining. Really dug his take on so many musical aspects/directions.

good one !

they gotta bring back G3