Aaron Rodgers

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Yes and yes

If Arrons here for 2-3 years we’re instantly creditable for a deep run

Meanwhile Zach ( the front office gets to sit and learn ( something like Aaron and steve young did )

Gives you a couple years to figure out if Zach can do it or time to find a new guy while the Jets are tops in the league!!!!!!

I like the plan !!!!!!!

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I am glad you did not say Mexico because we could not cross the border.....they are tough in that direction lol
Same thing with Rogers, He avoids the question of whether he has ben vaccinated, and Canada is strict about that.
I If were Mexico, I wouldn't let you into my country, either. :)
Later

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
wow & I thought he gave us the best "shot" to win
Well vegas just improved our shot at getting Aaron

Green Bay remains the favorite at -125,.
The Jets have moved from +750 at the start of the week to +125

Nice odds

I have to add :
I thought Hacker was terrible choice , only and unless
to improve our odds for Aaron
I’ll take it

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
But it comes with $60 million in dead cap after 2 years. Right when we have to start resigning the youngsters.
Well...it would be just before guys like Sauce and Garrett have to get paid. Let's say you get two years out of Rodgers, and then he retires. The cap hit on those first two years would be relatively lenient by QB standards.

In that third year, though, which would be Sauce, GW, JJ, and Breece's fourth years under their rookie contracts, that's when you would take the big hit. So it would be slightly before you would have to pay those guys. Or, the Jets work it out with Rodgers to be a post-June 1 retirement, which spreads that big cap hit out over two years. So it would either be one lump sum in the fourth year of Sauce and Garrett's deals, or it would be spread out over the fourth year of the deal and the fifth year option.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Yes and yes

If Arrons here for 2-3 years we’re instantly creditable for a deep run

Meanwhile Zach ( the front office gets to sit and learn ( something like Aaron and steve young did )

Gives you a couple years to figure out if Zach can do it or time to find a new guy while the Jets are tops in the league!!!!!!

I like the plan !!!!!!!
Yeah I like how it sounds but We are talking the NY Jets right? Nothing is ever simple or easy. Hopefully Aaron Rodgers doesn't go native, marry a village hipster,and start his own compost recycling business. You neva know. Guys a head case with a head full of air.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Well...it would be just before guys like Sauce and Garrett have to get paid. Let's say you get two years out of Rodgers, and then he retires. The cap hit on those first two years would be relatively lenient by QB standards.

In that third year, though, which would be Sauce, GW, JJ, and Breece's fourth years under their rookie contracts, that's when you would take the big hit. So it would be slightly before you would have to pay those guys. Or, the Jets work it out with Rodgers to be a post-June 1 retirement, which spreads that big cap hit out over two years. So it would either be one lump sum in the fourth year of Sauce and Garrett's deals, or it would be spread out over the fourth year of the deal and the fifth year option.
Its actually 30 mill per for 2025 and 2026. His third and 4th year are options and if he is still playing, it wont be at the current contractual salary.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Hopefully JD goes after Carr, but I fully expect to not get anyone but Minshew or Tannehill.

Last edited:

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
Scenario1 ……. Rogers on a 2 yr deal and keep Wilson as backup
Scenario 2 …….Carr on a 4 yr deal and keep White as a backup and jettison ZW to the Sun

Ill take door number 2
I'll take option #2 as well. And speaking of #2, I want ZW off this team more than anything. I just can't watch that kid's inept play any longer. Keeping him just prolongs the inevitable cluster f*ck.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Well I personally hate Carr. He is not the guy for this team.

I would go with Garrappalo with White as the backup and the Paperboy holding a clipboard. You have a viable backup in White. You have The Kid learning from a Vet. You have a guy in JimmyG who has won in this League and knows how to go about it.

Second choice would be Rodgers with White and Zach on hind tit. The only problem I see with either scenario is that White might price himself out of the Jets range.
Carr is a loser plain simple. Stay away.