Aaron Rodgers

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Ah, Woody spends more than what Rodgers would command monthly on dinner rolls and assorted other breads & pastries hand-crafted by mansion/compound personnel.
No doubt Woody could and would spend whatever it takes to get Rogers. Problem is how much the league allows teams to spend total on players. Cap space for the Jets is limited this season. It would take some creative financing to bring him here and still be able to pay everyone else they need to pay. Also Williams is, deservedly, expecting a big payday.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Well I personally hate Carr. He is not the guy for this team.

I would go with Garrappalo with White as the backup and the Paperboy holding a clipboard. You have a viable backup in White. You have The Kid learning from a Vet. You have a guy in JimmyG who has won in this League and knows how to go about it.

Second choice would be Rodgers with White and Zach on hind tit. The only problem I see with either scenario is that White might price himself out of the Jets range.
Carr is a loser plain simple. Stay away.
i agree get carr & we will be driving over a cliff

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
No doubt Woody could and would spend whatever it takes to get Rogers. Problem is how much the league allows teams to spend total on players. Cap space for the Jets is limited this season. It would take some creative financing to bring him here and still be able to pay everyone else they need to pay. Also Williams is, deservedly, expecting a big payday.
I still have this feeling Williams will be Wilkerson once he gets paid. His recent tweets make me feel that way. Basically right after the season he tweets about his contract. Then yesterday he sent that tweet about not having an offense. Not to mention his lack of proper grammar. Red flags for me.

Attachments

• 87558058-7922-4730-9CD9-AC875D6A3EF0.thumb.jpeg.0b13b06cfe680c8c690577c474c868b8.jpeg
    87558058-7922-4730-9CD9-AC875D6A3EF0.thumb.jpeg.0b13b06cfe680c8c690577c474c868b8.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I still have this feeling Williams will be Wilkerson once he gets paid. His recent tweets make me feel that way. Basically right after the season he tweets about his contract. Then yesterday he sent that tweet about not having an offense. Not to mention his lack of proper grammar. Red flags for me.
LOL. Yeah eff him. Any guy who don't talk good has no place in NY.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Yea I’m not crazy about him either
The real bigmoe my (dad who still got it at 91 ) says Carr is a blah

I’m holdin out hope for Aaron white and Timmy
Even if @gmf1369 says it ain’t so

At the risk of putting a damper on your QB wishes my friend the Coon Cat says you should seriously consider this.....................Unless the Jets can be 200% certain sometime within the next 2 weeks that they are getting Rogers they will make a deal for Carr. Carr will be cut on the 15th of February to avoid paying him what he will be due after that date. If he gets cut the Jets will be in a bidding war for him which is anything but good. To avoid that situation the Jets must close the deal by the 15th. Also consider that Rogers is most likely a 2 year rental that they would be paying big time for long after he is gone. Carr, on the other hand is a longer term deal at a fraction of the cost. So do you see the Jets hurting their long term plans for continued growth and success to take a chance on winning a Superbowl in the next 2 seasons or sticking with their current plans for the development of the team, which without Rogers they would have the money and draft picks to do ? It's a damned if you do and damned if don't situation. I wouldn't want to be the one making this decision. Which way do you go if it's up to you ?

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
At the risk of putting a damper on your QB wishes my friend the Coon Cat says you should seriously consider this.....................Unless the Jets can be 200% certain sometime within the next 2 weeks that they are getting Rogers they will make a deal for Carr. Carr will be cut on the 15th of February to avoid paying him what he will be due after that date. If he gets cut the Jets will be in a bidding war for him which is anything but good. To avoid that situation the Jets must close the deal by the 15th. Also consider that Rogers is most likely a 2 year rental that they would be paying big time for long after he is gone. Carr, on the other hand is a longer term deal at a fraction of the cost. So do you see the Jets hurting their long term plans for continued growth and success to take a chance on winning a Superbowl in the next 2 seasons or sticking with their current plans for the development of the team, which without Rogers they would have the money and draft picks to do ? It's a damned if you do and damned if don't situation. I wouldn't want to be the one making this decision. Which way do you go if it's up to you ?
I’m good with Carr and if it makes the most sense to get him then do it. I’ve said that Carr is my third choice but he may end up being ultimately the best choice. Especially if Carr actually wants to come to this market! Lamar Jackson will cost the Jets too much in draft picks and money but he’s my first choice.

Aaron Rodgers is my second choice but you can’t really trust him. Plus it will cost abit to get him. Carr won’t cost as much and he’ll be motivated to play and prove his worth. He might be the most motivated out of all three. Plus he’s proven himself to being at least an above average QB. So I’m good with Carr!

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I’m good with Carr and if it makes the most sense to get him then do it. I’ve said that Carr is my third choice but he may end up being ultimately the best choice. Especially if Carr actually wants to come to this market! Lamar Jackson will cost the Jets too much in draft picks and money but he’s my first choice.

Aaron Rodgers is my second choice but you can’t really trust him. Plus it will cost abit to get him. Carr won’t cost as much and he’ll be motivated to play and prove his worth. He might be the most motivated out of all three. Plus he’s proven himself to being at least an above average QB. So I’m good with Carr!
I like the compensation for Carr is the lowest and more importantly he will have a chip on his shoulder.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
At the risk of putting a damper on your QB wishes my friend the Coon Cat says you should seriously consider this...................
Ok I was all excited till you put the damper
We saw Payton
We saw Tom
We saw Stafford
I don’t count the Wilson deal
All fairly recently work out

Guess the Jets will do the “ right “
thing ( by the way it never works out for us )
And probably go Carr
Ugh now I’m Back to being a pessimist
@cheaterhater &
@butterscotch
Like me better that way anyway

6 wins next year and a holly hoo puff of smoke

LetsGo!!!!!!!!

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Ok I was all excited till you put the damper
We saw Payton
We saw Tom
We saw Stafford
I don’t count the Wilson deal
All fairly recently work out

Guess the Jets will do the “ right “
thing ( by the way it never works out for us )
And probably go Carr
Ugh now I’m Back to being a pessimist
@cheaterhater &
@butterscotch
Like me better that way anyway

6 wins next year and a holly hoo puff of smoke

LetsGo!!!!!!!!
Sorry to rain on your parade............but, the Coon Cat has been wrong before.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Jimmy G and Carr are the same age and Carr has proven himself, at least stats wise the better and more reliable QB. Healthier also!
Yeah and Carr is not a winning QB. Not even close. JimmyG has experience with the playoffs,been to a Super Bowl. You want to get to the Promised Land? You go with a guy who knows the way.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Ahh will just jump off

I could get excited about Carr again
If Devonte wants to follow his friend

Now that would be something

On a brighter note............Green Bay is in worse shape cap wise than the Jets and Rogers is a big part of that, so who knows what might happen.