The Happenings , cousin played drums for them
Liza, my wife loved her back in the day
Madonna, ditto
Always wanted to see Dino and Elvis but never had the chance
image.jpg

Golden Rott

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
It's awesome when you can catch shows before they become big-time and usually sell out. I remember my roommate in college telling me he used to watch the Goo goo dolls playing in bars in buffalo where the group was formed.

Mid 70s, I remember going to a Loggins and Messina concert at the Coliseum (Can't believe I am actually admitting to that in public -- sort of). Opening act featured a woman lead singer -- all I remember is she was wearing dozens of veils that she kept peeling off during the show. It was awful. The woman was Stevie Nicks and the band was Fleetwood Mac. Couple of years later, they released Rumours and made it big while Loggins & Messina became a pucnhline.

I also remember seeing Joe Jackson at a small club on Long Island in the early 80s. Great show -- he also played one of the Central Park concerts a few years later when he became more successful.

U

ucrenegade

Mid 70s, I remember going to a Loggins and Messina concert at the Coliseum (Can't believe I am actually admitting to that in public -- sort of). Opening act featured a woman lead singer -- all I remember is she was wearing dozens of veils that she kept peeling off during the show. It was awful. The woman was Stevie Nicks and the band was Fleetwood Mac. Couple of years later, they released Rumours and made it big while Loggins & Messina became a pucnhline.

I also remember seeing Joe Jackson at a small club on Long Island in the early 80s. Great show -- he also played one of the Central Park concerts a few years later when he became more successful.

Awesome would have loved to see fleetwood mac.

Golden Rott

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Awesome would have loved to see fleetwood mac.

They were not quite ready for prime time back then.

Also saw Stevie a few years later at a Tom Petty show -- right around they time they released their collaboration (Stop Dragging My Heart Around) probably mid 80s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

ucrenegade

They were not quite ready for prime time back then.

Also saw Stevie a few years later at a Tom Petty show -- right around they time they released their collaboration (Stop Dragging My Heart Around) probably mid 80s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

now tom petty is a huge regret for me.......of all the musicians out now he is the one i want to see his halftime sb show a few years ago was great.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I've seen AC/DC twice, I'd love to see Elton John in Vegas, Tom Petty, and the Stones...3 I hope to see one day.

I've also seen Roger Waters, since its the closest Ill ever get to seeing Pink Floyd.

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I grew up in Clifton Park, NY and me and my buddies would go to SPAC all the time, it wouldn't matter if we liked the bands or not, it was a place to party and chase tail. Tom Petty, Journey, Steve Miller, Reo, Grateful Dead and bands like that were there all the time. It's a great venue to see a show.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I'd love to see Elton John ...
I was at his concert in Central Park in 1980, way back when I was still in my teens. I was there more for the partying and the chicks, but I'm a big Elton John fan and the music was great too. And notice how cool he was when a fan came on the stage. He didn't get scared shitless or have security drag her out and beat the crap out of her like so many entertainers today, who could only dream of having his level of success. He handled it the way Elton John handled everything back then, like the nicest guy in the room and a class act.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I was at his concert in Central Park in 1980, way back when I was still in my teens. I was there more for the partying and the chicks, but I'm a big Elton John fan and the music was great too. And notice how cool he was when a fan came on the stage. He didn't get scared shitless or have security drag her out and beat the crap out of her like so many entertainers today, who could only dream of having his success. He handled it the way Elton John handled everything back then, like the nicest guy in the room and a class act.

Nice...and you were young awhile ago :)

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Anyone ever been to the free NY Phil concerts in the NYC parks? Thinking of going to the one in Van Courtlandt later this month but not sure if it is worth it

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Nice...and you were young awhile ago :)
Yeah man, and I'm telling you, it goes fast.

Forget H.S. and College, I remember JHS like it was yesterday!

You'll see, one day you'll recall this little conversation and say "that guy was right, the time friggin' flies"

D

Dickkotite

For me it was a tie.

I saw collective soul at Darien Lake and they were awesome, didn't care to much for the band that opened for them the cranberries but I was in a state of getting inebriated when they were playing.

The other best concert was at the ozzfest in pittsburgh pa it was the first year when black sabbath got back together with ozzy and man did they rock.

another good one i saw was creed, pappa roach, and staind but they were not on the level of the first two.

Oh man I was there at pittsburg ozzfest. Was that the one in some outdoor amphitheater? I was on schrooms it rocked.
I remember neurosis played the other stage