Board Participation 2 RD Mock Draft - 8 GM's Needed

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
You got it brother, we're all set :)

NY Jets select:

Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

Bears (AFA2017) are on the clock

If we dont have to trade anything to get him..WTF take a chance.....but in reality he will probably be gone..but who knows..and I took Beasely for Skins..because thats what I think they would do..not to help Jets....

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
If we dont have to trade anything to get him..WTF take a chance.....but in reality he will probably be gone..but who knows..and I took Beasely for Skins..because thats what I think they would do..not to help Jets....
If you would have taken Mariota I wasn't gonna shed any tears, I still had another TOP 4 player in the draft on my board, but like you said, if Mariota falls into my lap at 6 and I don't have to trade up to get him, then I gotta take him. Its my standard rule, you can't pass on a potential franchise QB unless you think you already have one, or at least have a young QB who can possibly develop into a franchise guy. I like Geno more than most, but I can't say that about him with any degree of confidence or certainty, so Mariota was an easy call for me.

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
If you quickly want to see who teams had visit them..WALTERFOOTBALL.com has a tracker of it....to try and make it a little bit more realistic..its a pretty good sight, although he is definitely a Giant fan and always ridicules and makes sarcastic remarks about Jets..he actually graded the Marshall trade a C

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
If you would have taken Mariota I wasn't gonna shed any tears, I still had another TOP 4 player in the draft on my board, but like you said, if Mariota falls into my lap at 6 and I don't have to trade up to get him, then I gotta take him. Its my standard rule, you can't pass on a potential franchise QB unless you think you already have one, or at least have a young QB who can possibly develop into a franchise guy. I like Geno more than most, but I can't say that about him with any degree of confidence or certainty, so Mariota was an easy call for me.

I am in the Geno boat also....and really hope Mariota is gone...I think Geno can be salvaged..but like wesaid..if not trade to 2 or whatever..I guess you have to take him....Skins were between Beasely and actually Gregory but reports are Gregory is down to 230 lbs....

U

ucrenegade

anyone want to switch 2nd rounders with me i really don't want to pick for the pats twice..........i'll puke lol if i have to research them that much

S

sg3

From your keyboard to God's ears. Hammer!!

Sadly I think it was caused by the No Trades Rule

OCCH

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics

Which is why I didn't take Mariota at 2.

Grab the best player in the draft and see if Mettenberger can take that next step . . .

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Guys, the picks have to stay in order because I have them spaced out perfectly by eight.

UC, if you want I'll switch you as GM with AFA2017 since he's not here.

Now you are GM7 and AFA is GM8

Therefore you are currently on the clock with the Bears.

U

ucrenegade

with the seventh pick the bears take kevin white

i know they need defense but with the loss of marshall cutler needs a #1 wr

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Which is why I didn't take Mariota at 2.

Grab the best player in the draft and see if Mettenberger can take that next step . . .
I would have done the same if we had Mettenberger. Too soon to bail. Better off taking an impact player elsewhere and giving Mettenberger a chance to develop. IMO you did the right thing, and I suspect Tennessee will do likewise if they don't trade the pick, thats why I don't think its out of the question that Mariota can slide to 6.

S

sg3

Well there ya go

Everybody on the planets top seven went 1-7.

Now the fun begins

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
AFA, you weren't around and we wanted to keep things moving, so I switched you to GM8

You are now on the clock with Atlanta.