Brady at 104

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I feel Joe Montana deserves some love here - like Brady, he wasn't the most gifted athlete playing QB - though he was mobile unlike Brady. In terms of being clutch, Joe Montana doesn't have to take a backseat to anyone. What I will say though is during his playing days, the road to the Superbowl was much tougher than Brady ever faced in terms of the number of credible opponents in the way. Joe had to navigate the waters of the Bears, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins back in the days where the NFC dominated the Superbowls. Point is you could flip flop the two into each other's eras and not likely get much difference, IMO.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don't think any QB will ever come close to sniffing his stats.

And why?

Because no player. Not just in Football. But any sport....

Have their greatness lasted AS LONG as Tom Brady's has.

Tom Brady's greatness has lasted longer than any athlete, ever.

44 almost 45 years old.

Not Jordan.
Not Ewing.
Not Shaq.
Not Kobe.
Not Jeter.
Not Montana.
Not Gretzky.
Not LeBron (no way he plays into his 40s).
Not anyone.

I swear. If he wants? Brady can play until he's 50 st this level. It's truly unreal.
I get your point, but Gordie Howe had 34 goals and 62 assists at age 49. He played 26 years in the NHL and six more in other pro leagues.
He belongs to be mentioned in the same breath as Brady but some of the others on the list don't.
Later

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
I feel Joe Montana deserves some love here - like Brady, he wasn't the most gifted athlete playing QB - though he was mobile unlike Brady. In terms of being clutch, Joe Montana doesn't have to take a backseat to anyone. What I will say though is during his playing days, the road to the Superbowl was much tougher than Brady ever faced in terms of the number of credible opponents in the way. Joe had to navigate the waters of the Bears, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins back in the days where the NFC dominated the Superbowls. Point is you could flip flop the two into each other's eras and not likely get much difference, IMO.
I’m agreeing with you to a certain extent. NFL was tougher back then I will admit but these boys are still hitting and their hitting hard. Plus Brady’s been in the league for twenty one years. The rules in 2001 weren’t that much different then they were in 1985. They were just starting to change when Brady arrived. If I’m correct in my thinking here!

As for the teams, Brady had to contend with P. Manning’s Colts and Big Ben’s Steelers. Not slouch teams at all. Plus there a few more like the Chargers with P. Rivers and the Raiders also. Manning and Big Ben’s teams both won Super Bowls back then. Not debating anything your saying but Brady stamp is solid. If anyone can touch him it would be Montana but I don’t even think he can.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Brady has had more time in the pocket than any other QB these eyes have ever seen. As recently as yesterday, I said, "sack him" to no avail. Yes there were better, more mobile QBs, but he is the greatest!
However, here is the 2014 AFCC ring.
View attachment 2763
he gets "some" love but teams stuck together more in those days......20 plus years with so many different players plus more than one coach. Plus Gronk is great but his wideouts were not always the best

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
rules have helped Brady a lot. The rules for covering receivers is a big one - Ty Law was the last of physical CBs allowed to be physical. It's been hands off since. Brady has operated under the better conditions afforded the QB position - but one could say same for Montana over Unitas era.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
rules have helped Brady a lot. The rules for covering receivers is a big one - Ty Law was the last of physical CBs allowed to be physical. It's been hands off since. Brady has operated under the better conditions afforded the QB position - but one could say same for Montana over Unitas era.

Amen...I made a joke about Leonard Marshall crushing Montana's back in the 1990 NFCCG; a yellow hanky never came out. Everson Walls was a lock down corner WITH NO SPEED; he was allowed to play defense against guys like White Shoes Johnson with speed to burn!

people also talk about the HOF'ers Montana played with to elevate his game...(1.) people forget that his featured RB in his first SB was Lenville Elliot; that's correct, Lenville Elliot. (2.) his playmaker was Freddie Solomon, yes that Freddie Solomon. (3.) and although great for what he brought, nobody was drawing up game plans to stop Dwight Clark.

Montana & Marino were the bridge to 3 yards and a cloud of dust and the video game stats today...if they came out now, i cannot imagine what their stats would be.

Oh, yeah...that doesn't even take into account that Bill Belly-fuck's Offense (you read that correctly...his O) is predicated on "death by a million cuts" which kept TB12 on the field once he got the ball back from Bill Belly-fuck's D which routinely stymies QB's not named Brady to allow TB12 an unseemly amount of extra possessions.

TB12 is the GOAT, but #16 is up there...right there.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Amen...I made a joke about Leonard Marshall crushing Montana's back in the 1990 NFCCG; a yellow hanky never came out. Everson Walls was a lock down corner WITH NO SPEED; he was allowed to play defense against guys like White Shoes Johnson with speed to burn!

people also talk about the HOF'ers Montana played with to elevate his game...(1.) people forget that his featured RB in his first SB was Lenville Elliot; that's correct, Lenville Elliot. (2.) his playmaker was Freddie Solomon, yes that Freddie Solomon. (3.) and although great for what he brought, nobody was drawing up game plans to stop Dwight Clark.

Montana & Marino were the bridge to 3 yards and a cloud of dust and the video game stats today...if they came out now, i cannot imagine what their stats would be.

Oh, yeah...that doesn't even take into account that Bill Belly-fuck's Offense (you read that correctly...his O) is predicated on "death by a million cuts" which kept TB12 on the field once he got the ball back from Bill Belly-fuck's D which routinely stymies QB's not named Brady to allow TB12 an unseemly amount of extra possessions.

TB12 is the GOAT, but #16 is up there...right there.
We really can only judge a player during his time playing. I like Montana very much & dislike Brady but he may lead the NFL in every passing category this year at 44. Against 35 other qbs. If I take my 59 years of watching football with my two teams I have one win & one loss. In 21 years he has 7 wins. Back in the 60s the cards & jets just had to win one game for many of those years to be wc

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
he stands on his untouchable X every single game for 50 years plus years waiting for someone to get wide open

he plays behind the best offensive lines for 50 years and counting.

he plays with the best defenses in football every single year

it is a penalty to get within 10 yards of him

its a penalty to get within 10 yards of his receivers

the officials are his team mates

the commissioner is his team mate

the league has rules to protect him

football is no longer football to protect him

fuck brady

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
he stands on his untouchable X every single game for 50 years plus years waiting for someone to get wide open

fuck brady

reminds me of the Jordan, and the way the NBA sabotaged itself to get "him" in the Finals each year.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global

fuck brady
The Cardinals had the best pass blocking OL in the 60's & 70's for 20 years with out one SB win. Give the guy his credit. plus with two teams too. with two HC's

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Brady @ 44 is coming off of another SB win (#7) and now this year leads the NFL's #1 offense @ #1 in yards and #2 in points scored.

We've never witnessed anything like this before.

Brady @ 44 is seriously looking like he can play amazing Football until he's literally 50 years old.

It's nuts.
Or something.