Bryce Huff

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
My guess is that Douglas has weighed Huff's value and considered the cost of such a tag versus the calculation into the compensatory system. I too would not want to lose him for nothing, so I hope this is more about compensatory pick value.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
My guess is that Douglas has weighed Huff's value and considered the cost of such a tag versus the calculation into the compensatory system. I too would not want to lose him for nothing, so I hope this is more about compensatory pick value.
The Jets can’t pay Huff what he wants, attempt to fix the offensive woes during free agency and take care of the free agent from our current roster we might want to re-sign . We’re not playing madden folks.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
The Jets can’t pay Huff what he wants, attempt to fix the offensive woes during free agency and take care of the free agent from our current roster we might want to re-sign . We’re not playing madden folks.
It’s not about paying Huff, it’s about letting walk for nothing. If we place the transition tag on him, we will at least get a pick as comp for another team signing him.

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
But surely Zach isn't a free agent until next year.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Bryce Huff is seeking 4 years $88 M and a larger role on defense. I am sorry but adios... We could get a 3rd round compensatory pick from him... Outside this system he will tank, the defensive line design is to allow defensive lineman to eventually bring the heat...

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Bryce Huff is seeking 4 years $88 M and a larger role on defense. I am sorry but adios... We could get a 3rd round compensatory pick from him... Outside this system he will tank, the defensive line design is to allow defensive lineman to eventually bring the heat...
He has had 17.5 sacks in 4 years. Let him walk and take the compensatory pick.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
He has had 17.5 sacks in 4 years. Let him walk and take the compensatory pick.
He blew up last season so I don't blame him for trying to cash in. He may be worth something to a team, so if he walks we should position ourselves to get a comp pick for it. If not, it's just bad business.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
He blew up last season so I don't blame him for trying to cash in. He may be worth something to a team, so if he walks we should position ourselves to get a comp pick for it. If not, it's just bad business.
Somebody will overpay for him.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I think you hit the nail square on the head here. I think what is happening is that JD has said, and I'm guessing here, OK go out and see what your market is and then we'll match or beat it. I hope ............ Personally I would have used the tag but what do I know.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
A little much no ?
Is that in line what a top pass rusher would get ? And I mean top tier
I would not pay no more than $6 M base for someone being that our D Line is by committee...

Anchor is Quinnen, then we have two first rounders in JJ & McDonald we do not need to pay for Huff... Do not need to tag him neither, not worth the headache

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Huff is looking for a payday, he was an UDFA. Past two seasons, his pressure rates are off the charts, so he wants to capitalize. I don't blame him, but if the CS still seems him as a part time situational player, there seems to be a gap in what him & his representation think and what the organization thinks.

Good pass rushers don't grow on trees (we really haven't had a flat out dominant edge since John Abraham), but Huff isn't that either. He's a good player who is excelling in the system.