Bryce Huff

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
What else is new

Huff is looking for a payday, he was an UDFA. Past two seasons, his pressure rates are off the charts, so he wants to capitalize. I don't blame him, but if the CS still seems him as a part time situational player, there seems to be a gap in what him & his representation think and what the organization thinks.

Good pass rushers don't grow on trees (we really haven't had a flat out dominant edge since John Abraham), but Huff isn't that either. He's a good player who is excelling in the system.
We need great scouts that can get us young rushers....from the start

McJet

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
JD should’ve traded Huff at the trade deadline and got some comp for him.
When he leaves, because the Jets have soo many holes and need to sign FA, Jets won’t get jackshit in comp for Huff.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
This was a big screw-up by JD. A huge one. If he did not intend to keep Huff, he should have dealt him at the deadline. What was the point of keeping him in a season when Rodgers was already lost for the year? And then not tagging him and letting him walk for, at best, compensatory value just isn't good enough, especially when the Jets should be aggressive addressing the OL in free agency. Bad job, and unless Huff signs a massive deal elsewhere or he tests the market and comes back to the Jets on a more reasonable deal, it will be a lingering disaster.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
This was a big screw-up by JD. A huge one. If he did not intend to keep Huff, he should have dealt him at the deadline. What was the point of keeping him in a season when Rodgers was already lost for the year? And then not tagging him and letting him walk for, at best, compensatory value just isn't good enough, especially when the Jets should be aggressive addressing the OL in free agency. Bad job, and unless Huff signs a massive deal elsewhere or he tests the market and comes back to the Jets on a more reasonable deal, it will be a lingering disaster.
I'm adding this to my JD list of blunders. :homer::homer:

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Oh I definitely give him credit for those 3 players. I just also call him out for his other complete draft failures.
If I recall, you have previously said those guys just fell to him, and he doesn't deserve the credit he gets for it.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Fletcher Cox is retiring so I expect Philly to come hard after Huff. Would have made sense to use the transition tag on him, but JD is too busy patting himself on the back to do his damn job.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
If I recall, you have previously said those guys just fell to him, and he doesn't deserve the credit he gets for it.
I don't know if I said they just fell to him, but Sauce was there at #4 and a no brainer. I know being a Jets fan we can even screw up the 4th pick, but top 5 picks should be home runs most of the time. He had a great '22 draft and every other draft has been a colossal failure. This team with all that money and draft picks he accumulated should have way more talent. Here we are stuck with a 40 year old QB coming off a bad injury and no 2nd round draft pick. He swung for the fences and missed badly and in typical Jets fashion we will let him swing again. Now we have a 40 year old QB and a lame duck coach and GM. I can't see how JD can fix this in a single season when he hasn't in 5 previous seasons. Who will want to come to the Jets when there are almost 31 better situations in the NFL?

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don't know if I said they just fell to him, but Sauce was there at #4 and a no brainer. I know being a Jets fan we can even screw up the 4th pick, but top 5 picks should be home runs most of the time. He had a great '22 draft and every other draft has been a colossal failure. This team with all that money and draft picks he accumulated should have way more talent. Here we are stuck with a 40 year old QB coming off a bad injury and no 2nd round draft pick. He swung for the fences and missed badly and in typical Jets fashion we will let him swing again. Now we have a 40 year old QB and a lame duck coach and GM. I can't see how JD can fix this in a single season when he hasn't in 5 previous seasons. Who will want to come to the Jets when there are almost 31 better situations in the NFL?

Just to clarify, the Jets are the worst team in the league.