COMBINE...THIS WEEK, Ladies and Gents

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
DeVante Parker - WR - Player
The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero "keep(s) hearing" Louisville WR DeVante Parker won't last until the Dolphins pick at No. 14 overall.
Despite lacking a third-round pick, the Dolphins are believed to be interested in trading up for a wide receiver. Amari Cooper and Kevin White should be off the board in the top ten, making Parker the most realistic target at 14. Salguero reports the Rams at No. 10 and Vikings at No. 11 are significant obstacles standing in the way of Parker lasting until the Dolphins' pick.
Related: Dolphins

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Bryce Petty - QB - Player
ESPN's Adam Caplan considers Bryce Petty of Baylor the "favorite" to be the third quarterback drafted.
Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota will be Nos. 1 and 2. Petty is the favorite to be No. 3 -- perhaps as early as a the high second round -- while UCLA's Brett Hundley and Colorado State's Garrett Grayson could battle to be this year's No. 4. Caplan calls Grayson a candidate to "go higher than most expect."

NickSINYC

Veteran
Jet Fanatics
Bryce Petty - QB - Player
ESPN's Adam Caplan considers Bryce Petty of Baylor the "favorite" to be the third quarterback drafted.
Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota will be Nos. 1 and 2. Petty is the favorite to be No. 3 -- perhaps as early as a the high second round -- while UCLA's Brett Hundley and Colorado State's Garrett Grayson could battle to be this year's No. 4. Caplan calls Grayson a candidate to "go higher than most expect."

Petty would be my #3 also. I do not like or want any part of the other 2. I do have a bad feeling though that we will be hearing Graysons name called.

S

sg3

To me, these thousands of twoots from media insiders merely prove that NOBODY has a freaking clue about who specific teams like or dislike and who specific teams will pick in the first or any other round in the 2015 draft

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Howard David is awesome this morning on Sirius - couple notes -

He and Gil Brandt stated be prepared for one of the most active drafts in NFL history. He said from the 1st pick to the last pick, he believes every pick is available for trade. They agreed there is going to be a ton of movement.

He said two positions you can move down and get equivalent talent - WR and pass rusher

A caller called in and asked about the Jets - he said they either trade up for Mariota or, sine WR and OLB can be obtained anywhere in rd 1, they may trade back. He said don't be surprised if the Vikings and Jets make a trade to the Vikes get Parker WR who they love.

He expects jets to trade back and go pass rusher.

Another note he made is that the jets are shopping #6 , but won't trade down past 17.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Floyd Reese, former Titans GM, said scouts meeting with Titans Monday final time to finalize draft board. He said anyone who thinks they know what the Titans are going to do are wrong...Titans won't finalize their draft strategies, including trade down decisions, until next week.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Reese also just said the commitment to the top players in this year's draft aren't where they have been historically, he expects a lot of trades because teams in the top 10 aren't locked in on certain players like we have seen historically.

OCCH

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Reese also just said the commitment to the top players in this year's draft aren't where they have been historically, he expects a lot of trades because teams in the top 10 aren't locked in on certain players like we have seen historically.

Not sure I understand this logic -- it suggests the upper level talent isn't as elite as past years, which would make it less likely other teams would bother trading up for it.

Now if you want to say the worse teams value quantity (extra picks) over quality (elite talent), that I understand. But if the Jets think they can get the same talent at #17 as at #6 , why would #17 want to trade up in the first place?

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Not sure I understand this logic -- it suggests the upper level talent isn't as elite as past years, which would make it less likely other teams would bother trading up for it.

Now if you want to say the worse teams value quantity (extra picks) over quality (elite talent), that I understand. But if the Jets think they can get the same talent at #17 as at #6 , why would #17 want to trade up in the first place?

Depends on what you believe. Perriman, white, and Parker grade out very similar...but reports are Cleveland, Vikkngs, and Phins want a crack at White, Cooper, and Parker...all rumored to be gone by pick 10. I think the Jets will pick a WR or OLB rd 1 when all said and done...but they can get an equivalent talent at 10-15 as the draft position of 6. Jets can stay put and get their guy, but those in picks 10-20 are kind of in no mans land for getting a top WR or OLB...I think Jets can trade back to 11-14 and still get Perriman, Dupree, Gregory, or Ray...and acquire another rd 2 pick...I thinkvteam in that area aren't as happy with settling for those players and want one of the top WRs who will go fast (Rams may even take Perriman, ensuring no top WRs get out of the top 10 and pushing some of the top olbs down). I think there is a recipe here for trading down.

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics

He and Gil Brandt stated be prepared for one of the most active drafts in NFL history. He said from the 1st pick to the last pick, he believes every pick is available for trade. They agreed there is going to be a ton of movement.

He said two positions you can move down and get equivalent talent - WR and pass rusher

A caller called in and asked about the Jets - he said they either trade up for Mariota or, sine WR and OLB can be obtained anywhere in rd 1, they may trade back. He said don't be surprised if the Vikings and Jets make a trade to the Vikes get Parker WR who they love.

Another note he made is that the jets are shopping #6 , but won't trade down past 17.

There are a lot of opportunites w Cleveland and New Orleans to trade down to 12 and 13 respectively, since both have 2 first round picks...and New Orleans HAS 5 OF TOP 90 or something like that

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics

Trading down to 10 wouldn't be so bad..for their 3rd..lets do it...

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
_gep2s4I_normal.jpeg
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · Apr 18 #Georgia RB Todd Gurley (ACL), who had medical rechecks yesterday & today, checked out fine, source said. Viewed as good to go for the draft