COMBINE...THIS WEEK, Ladies and Gents

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Poindexter - if you're around, what do you think of Phillip dorsett? Just he heard him on Sirius and love the kid. They asked him what he'll be doing during the draft, and he hasn't decided yet, but his two options are attending (he received an invite) or going bowling with his family. Very down to earth guy. I like him a lot as a prospect now. He's grown on me the last couple weeks. I think Beasley Rd 1 and Dorsett Rd 2 would be something I'd be happy with.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Albert Breer @AlbertBreer · 3h3 hours ago

From @RapSheet and me: Per the Leon County jail, FSU CB PJ Williams -- a prospective 1st-rounder -- was arrested for DUI at 3:08 AM today.

There were already off-field questions on PJ Williams. Had a run-in with the law in the fall. http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/15/sports/ncaafootball/for-an-fsu-football-player-a-hit-and-run-becomes-two-traffic-tickets.html?referrer=&_r=0 …

And here's the booking photo from the Leon County jail.

CBrYuNkWAAA5Vx8.jpg:large

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Just posted this in PDS FSU thread...rd3 and down, take him. Bowles did an awesome job with Mathieu after all his issues at LSU, I believe he can help this kid too if the price is right where we get him...

Metjetgal

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
What do you guys think of White over Cooper? I don't know White well at all, but I hear comparisons to TO?

S

sg3

What do you guys think of White over Cooper? I don't know White well at all, but I hear comparisons to TO?
Prefer Cooper if we have to go WR

Prefer the two QBS and Fowler, Williams or Beasley and maybe Ray over the two receivers

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Starting to think that Hyatt could be onto something with taking Dupree at #6 .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-cann-among-prospects-who-truly-helped-selves

Someone posted an awesome Stat not too long ago about the pass rushing prospects and added Gholstons college stats next to them. One thing that was interesting was Dupree was the leader in tackles of all OLB prospects and Beasley was the lowest. One thing that was interesting is tackles shows a large number of football plays beyond sacks...thething that was interesting is Gholstons had a low number of tackles outside of sacks (I think less than 20 total)...that's a bad sign, IMO. One thing Dupree has is a large number of tackles (74) to go with his energy and effort. I do think he'd be an intriguing pick if the coaching staff loves him and signs off on the pick.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Breshad Perriman - WR - Player
SI's Peter King says Central Florida WR Breshad Perriman has at least two teams in the teens "looking seriously at him."
Perriman's Pro Day times of 4.19 and 4.27 at 6'2/212 have his stock on the rise. Just about every team in the teens could use difference-making WR help, but the 49ers (No. 15) and Browns (No. 19) stand out. Perriman is the son of ex-Lions WR Brett Perriman.

Nelson Agholor - WR - Player
USC WR Nelson Agholor is moving up draft boards in part because teams reportedly think he can play inside and outside with equal effectiveness.
Agholor's buzz continues to get louder as we get closer to the draft. He's not particularly big (6'0/198) or exceedingly fast (4.44), but was dominant as a slot receiver at USC (104-1,313-4) and can also return kicks at a plus level. If Chip Kelly thinks Agholor can play outside as well as inside, it's possible he'll take the plunge at No. 20 overall.

Melvin Gordon - RB - Player
SI's Peter King says Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon won't get past the Ravens at No. 26 overall.
In other words, the Ravens are willing to spend a premium pick at running back and like Gordon. It makes sense, with 29-year-old Justin Forsett on top of the depth chart and only Lorenzo Taliaferro/Fitzgerald Toussaint behind him. Candidates to select Gordon before he falls to the Ravens at 26 include the Chargers at No. 17 and Cardinals at No. 24. The Cowboys, at No. 27, also have a major need at running back.
Related: Ravens

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Marcus Mariota - QB - Player
The Chargers are conducting a private workout in Eugene with Oregon QB Marcus Mariota Tuesday.
Perhaps HC Mike McCoy, OC Rich Reich, QBs coach Nick Sirianni and a bunch of front office members are just doing their due diligence. Or maybe the trade rumors flying around Philip Rivers and the Chargers have some legs. The narrative states that Rivers doesn't want to move to Los Angeles and the Titans, holding the No. 2 overall pick, want a proven veteran to stabilize their quarterback situation. "Many close to the situation believe the Chargers head to Oregon while considering the notion of a draft-day trade," says the Union-Tribune San Diego. Any potential deal hinges on Mariota falling to No. 2, as San Diego is reportedly not interested in Florida State QB Jameis Winston.
Related: Chargers, Philip Rivers, Jameis Winston

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Panthers tempt fate, work out Southern Cal’s Nelson Agholor

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 14, 2015, 1:18 PM EDT
cD05ODdlNmNhY2MwMjRlZWQzNTJhM2ViYTQ1Y2VlY2YzOCZnPWY2ODhjNDkwMWMxNjM4NjdiZDZmYzM0MzAyZTE2ZTU4
AP
The Panthers obviously need to upgrade their receiving corps, but apparently they’re considering tempting fate to do so.

Via Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer, the Panthers are working out Southern Cal wide receiver Nelson Agholor Thursday in Tampa.

Agholor is an intriguing prospect in his own right, as a slot receiver who might pair well with last year’s first-round pick Kelvin Benjamin.

But if he slipped to their spot in the second round, the Panthers should run, not walk, in the other direction.

The Panthers thought they had keepers in second-round Trojans wideouts Keary Colbert and Dwayne Jarrett, but both flopped for different reasons.

Colbert was actually quite good as a rookie (47 catches for 754 yards and five touchdowns), but never repeated that form the rest of his career.

Jarrett was a disaster from the start, getting a couple of DUIs, finding himself in Steve Smith’s personal doghouse and catching a grand total of 35 passes in four years.

And sure, maybe Agholor has nothing to do with either of those guys. But if the Panthers aren’t gunshy about USC receivers, maybe they should be.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Dolphins bringing Melvin Gordon in for a visit next week

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 14, 2015, 12:44 PM EDT
Melvin Gordon
AP
Melvin Gordon might not be the best running back in the 2015 NFL Draft, but he’s drawing plenty of interest.

Via Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Gordon will visit the Dolphins next Wednesday, and has already checked in with the Ravens, Jaguars and Cowboys.

Of course, it’s been reported that the Ravens, picking 26th, are the floor for the Wisconsin running back, so it’s interesting to see which other teams in the middle of the first round are interested.

The Dolphins, picking 14th, have more pressing needs, such as wide receiver and cornerback.

But Gordon also has the potential to be a workhorse back, and that will interest a number of teams in that neighborhood, especially if they’re uncomfortable with drafting a back with an existing knee injury (Todd Gurley).

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Winston to watch draft with grandmother in Florida and Mariota to watch draft from native Hawaii.

Even without them, the list is a little light. If they don't add more names, there will be multiple picks in round one without the player present.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Even without them, the list is a little light. If they don't add more names, there will be multiple picks in round one without the player present.

Looks like all the top pass rushers are there, even my man Colling OT LSU is there...other than Cooper, is there someone else I missed?