Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Jersey Mikes
Tuna sub
“Mikes way” extra wet !
Tuna -Mayo , -oil and vinegar
Got you both covered
I went to grammar school (St Peters in Pt Pleasant Beach, NJ) with the guy who started Jersey Mikes. Mikes' subs are the best for my money.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I went to grammar school (St Peters in Pt Pleasant Beach, NJ) with the guy who started Jersey Mikes. Mikes' subs are the best for my money.
Great
We had a summer home in pt pleasant and used to go to the original before that guy bought it
Around the bend on Arnold Ave not far from coopers drug store before they moved
It was a little rinky dink deli then back in the 60s

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
we just got a Jersey Mikes in Torrington. I try not to eat much to save room for beer(plus I can't afford both) but I may have to check it out now

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Great
We had a summer home in pt pleasant and used to go to the original before that guy bought it
Around the bend on Arnold Ave not far from coopers drug store before they moved
It was a little rinky dink deli then back in the 60s
You and I should talk offline. I grew up on Curtis Ave about a mile from the original Mikes Subs. Remember riding my bike to the Arnold Ave original. I lost touch with PC after grammar school as he went to PPB and I went to St Rose in Belmar, but as the story goes he used to work there as a high schooler and bought the place upon graduation from PPB High School with a loan from his grandparents. Incredible because he had a football scholarship to UNC and turned it down. He turned it into gold mine. I live in Maryland now but still go to the Jersey Mikes here, and am happy to report that the product really hasn't changed much if at all from 50 + years ago.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
that’s because all your $$$$$$ is in that new TV
At one time I would go to BI on my boat with a ten inch TV. Right next to me would be a 50 footer with a large TV. I was testing the brand new rca dtv boat satellite system for a friend. The big boat owner would look down at me & say what are you doing. I would say setting up my tv. Not sure if I am watching the game or HBO tonight. They would always look back at their boat.....like it was inadequate lol

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
You and I should talk offline. I grew up on Curtis Ave about a mile from the original Mikes Subs. Remember riding my bike to the Arnold Ave original. I lost touch with PC after grammar school as he went to PPB and I went to St Rose in Belmar, but as the story goes he used to work there as a high schooler and bought the place upon graduation from PPB High School with a loan from his grandparents. Incredible because he had a football scholarship to UNC and turned it down. He turned it into gold mine. I live in Maryland now but still go to the Jersey Mikes here, and am happy to report that the product really hasn't changed much if at all from 50 + years ago.

really great Summers
My grandfather bought the house in the 40s and we had it till about 10 years ago
In the borough
We always said why didn’t he buy near the ocean !!!

Quick story :
Grandpa was an avid deep sea fisherman ( that’s why he bought the house )

1951 he told everyone he was going out on the Pelican
Left early morning for LI
The boat sank and most were killed it was overcrowded.
Anyway when he got there it was so overcrowded he couldn’t get on and went out on another boat
The family heard about the tragedy (radio ) and figured he drowned since they hadn’t heard from him all day .
Came home late that nite and no one could believe their eyes.
Incredible
Here’s the story
They even write a book about it

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
really great Summers
My grandfather bought the house in the 40s and we had it till about 10 years ago
In the borough
We always said why didn’t he buy near the ocean !!!

Quick story :
Grandpa was an avid deep sea fisherman ( that’s why he bought the house )

1951 he told everyone he was going out on the Pelican
Left early morning for LI
The boat sank and most were killed it was overcrowded.
Anyway when he got there it was so overcrowded he couldn’t get on and went out on another boat
The family heard about the tragedy (radio ) and figured he drowned since they hadn’t heard from him all day .
Came home late that nite and no one could believe their eyes.
Incredible
Here’s the story
They even write a book about it

I know that story well. sad how many died

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Incredible story that he avoided that and a sad story for those who didn't. I worked on 'head' boats in Brielle and Point Beach all through high school and college. A great way to spend summers and made some great money in the process. I still go back there in the summers and fall to fish, doesn't get old.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Incredible story that he avoided that and a sad story for those who didn't. I worked on 'head' boats in Brielle and Point Beach all through high school and college. A great way to spend summers and made some great money in the process. I still go back there in the summers and fall to fish, doesn't get old.
head boat what a boat with a guillotine ......lots of blood on the decks but no body complains I bet. I love boating

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don’t want to go on and side track the thread
But our family has this book with pics
I often imagine my grandfather was pissed he couldn’t get on but that’s fate . Really unbelievable
I always look at the people on the dock before it went out
Gramps had to be in one of them
1622059043428.jpeg

Attachments

• 1622058896575.jpeg
    1622058896575.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1