Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
What do we need?

Obvious OL, WR, TE
on defense we also need CB, S, LB

Depending if AR comes back we still need a competent backup and maybe Ryan Tannehill could be that option.

Trade options:
Zach Wilson
Laken Tomlinson
Wes Schweitzer
CJ Uzomah
Tyler Conklin
Allan Lazard (Take the dead loss)
John Franklin Myers (good player but his role can be replaced)
Jamien Sherwood
DJ Reed (another option to move on from)
Michael Carter II (has value but entering contract year)

Makhi Becton could be retained but if he is out the door then a player like Jack Nelson, Wisconsin could be an option (3rd round projection).
AVT would be a great interior lineman and move him to left guard, also the backup left tackle in case of injury.
Tippmann is the future and now center. He is a lock at center.
We need a nasty guard to play on the right side, a player like Isaiah Adams, Illinois or Christian Mahogany, BC are both good 4th round projections that both can start day 1
Carter Warren out of Pittsburgh was a good nasty pass blocker this year. Expect him to compete for both tackle spots this off season but end up being the right tackle.
We need reserves, Xavier Newman can play both guard spots and center. After Newman it might be smart to sign some veteran options, Roger Saffold?

Is Jeremy Ruckert worthy of the No. 1 TE?
Can Kenny Yeboah be a solid No. 2?
Sign or via trade find a serviceable No. 3 TE!

Breece & Izzy are a solid two back tandem moving forward but we will need to draft a third option. Do we need a fullback? Or do we get our hands on another TE that can double down as FB.

Outside Garrett Wilson, Xavier Gipson we have no other option at receiver. Either through trade or draft this position needs more, simply more.

Defensively outside Quinnen WIlliams and need to re-sign Bryce Huff which will not be cheap. Jermaine Johnson, Will McDonald, and Perrion Winfrey there will be need in depth rotation. Expect Solomon Thomas and Quinton Jeffereson to be a part of the future. Micheal Clemons still on his rookie deal. Will Al Woods, retire? Or will he come back for an encore? Woods does bring stability on the line, if Douglas is smart JFM will be a trade chip this off season to shed cap to re-sign Huff.

Another trade chip could be Jamien Sherwood. Even though he has been somewhat productive does he have a future at linebacker for us?
Another question CJ Mosley will be entering his contract year, he could also be a trade chip to a contending team.
Quincy Williams is not going anywhere at least for two more years. Will Barnes grow into a position or is he still only depth? Will they convert another safety to linebacker?
We have players on the practice squad, not sure if any are worth a damn. Is there any free agents to target to improve this position?

Sauce Gardner, Tony Adams are locks at the roster for next year. Bryce Hall is a free agent worthy to be re-signed, but will they? Jordan Whitehead also a free agent, should we re-sign him? Chuck Clark, Ashtyn Davis both are also free agents if we can should we re-sign either or both of them? DJ Reed entering final year of his three contract and could be used as trade chip. Brandin Echols will enter his contract year, also nickel back Micheal Carter II both should be locks to stay oh the roster. Converse a CB/S will likely move to Safety to tandem with Tony Adams at safety.

Both kickers Zeurline and Morstead both free agents NEED to be re-signed.

Thoughts?

Chat Room linked to this thread

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Washington Huskies QB Michael Penix Jr. would be my favorite to replace Zach Wilson if AR retires. Penix Jr. likely to be a 2nd round pick

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
What do we need?

Obvious OL, WR, TE
on defense we also need CB, S, LB

Depending if AR comes back we still need a competent backup and maybe Ryan Tannehill could be that option.

Trade options:
Zach Wilson
Laken Tomlinson
Wes Schweitzer
CJ Uzomah
Tyler Conklin
Allan Lazard (Take the dead loss)
John Franklin Myers (good player but his role can be replaced)
Jamien Sherwood
DJ Reed (another option to move on from)
Michael Carter II (has value but entering contract year)

Makhi Becton could be retained but if he is out the door then a player like Jack Nelson, Wisconsin could be an option (3rd round projection).
AVT would be a great interior lineman and move him to left guard, also the backup left tackle in case of injury.
Tippmann is the future and now center. He is a lock at center.
We need a nasty guard to play on the right side, a player like Isaiah Adams, Illinois or Christian Mahogany, BC are both good 4th round projections that both can start day 1
Carter Warren out of Pittsburgh was a good nasty pass blocker this year. Expect him to compete for both tackle spots this off season but end up being the right tackle.
We need reserves, Xavier Newman can play both guard spots and center. After Newman it might be smart to sign some veteran options, Roger Saffold?

Is Jeremy Ruckert worthy of the No. 1 TE?
Can Kenny Yeboah be a solid No. 2?
Sign or via trade find a serviceable No. 3 TE!

Breece & Izzy are a solid two back tandem moving forward but we will need to draft a third option. Do we need a fullback? Or do we get our hands on another TE that can double down as FB.

Outside Garrett Wilson, Xavier Gipson we have no other option at receiver. Either through trade or draft this position needs more, simply more.

Defensively outside Quinnen WIlliams and need to re-sign Bryce Huff which will not be cheap. Jermaine Johnson, Will McDonald, and Perrion Winfrey there will be need in depth rotation. Expect Solomon Thomas and Quinton Jeffereson to be a part of the future. Micheal Clemons still on his rookie deal. Will Al Woods, retire? Or will he come back for an encore? Woods does bring stability on the line, if Douglas is smart JFM will be a trade chip this off season to shed cap to re-sign Huff.

Another trade chip could be Jamien Sherwood. Even though he has been somewhat productive does he have a future at linebacker for us?
Another question CJ Mosley will be entering his contract year, he could also be a trade chip to a contending team.
Quincy Williams is not going anywhere at least for two more years. Will Barnes grow into a position or is he still only depth? Will they convert another safety to linebacker?
We have players on the practice squad, not sure if any are worth a damn. Is there any free agents to target to improve this position?

Sauce Gardner, Tony Adams are locks at the roster for next year. Bryce Hall is a free agent worthy to be re-signed, but will they? Jordan Whitehead also a free agent, should we re-sign him? Chuck Clark, Ashtyn Davis both are also free agents if we can should we re-sign either or both of them? DJ Reed entering final year of his three contract and could be used as trade chip. Brandin Echols will enter his contract year, also nickel back Micheal Carter II both should be locks to stay oh the roster. Converse a CB/S will likely move to Safety to tandem with Tony Adams at safety.

Both kickers Zeurline and Morstead both free agents NEED to be re-signed.

Thoughts?

Chat Room linked to this thread
I would be surprised if the Jets don't go RT in free agency and address LT early in the draft. They may trade back, but if they are in a good position to land a top LT, they will. Maybe Carter as a swing, but I don't think they go with Carter as a penciled-in starter after all the issues they had this year. I agree with AVT finding a permanent home at LG with the capacity of moving outside if necessary. The front office knows they have to address OL to satisfy the Jets fans who want everyone fired all the time.

Unfortunately, looking at the OT crop in free agency, it's not great. So the Jets may keep Becton to let him and Carter battle it out for the starting gig, while drafting one of the top LTs. I would suspect the Jets turn toward another OL in free agency. They could make a run at a guard, including turning back toward the Packers and Runyan Jr.

So...I could see the team going into next season with:

LT - Fashanu/Alt/Latham
LG - AVT
C- Tippmann
RG - Runyan/other FA guard
RT - Becton/Carter

Depth - Carter/Becton, McGovern? (Brought back for veteran depth), mid-round pick?

Is that enough depth? I mean, it's the Jets, so I assume every single person I mentioned will end of tearing or severing something. By the end of next season, the Jets' OL will be five guys who were third string in the arena league. Is it possible Bakhtiari keeps playing and comes to the Jets to be with Rodgers?

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Washington Huskies QB Michael Penix Jr. would be my favorite to replace Zach Wilson if AR retires. Penix Jr. likely to be a 2nd round pick
We don't have a second round pick. Which is a shame because 'Penix drills Kuntz for the score' would be a great commentator's line. I don't believe that we can fix all the problems with this team in one off-season, we need to focus on the O line. Besides why do you want to move Conklin, he is our one receiving threat besides Garrett and has played well.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
We don't have a second round pick. Which is a shame because 'Penix drills Kuntz for the score' would be a great commentator's line. I don't believe that we can fix all the problems with this team in one off-season, we need to focus on the O line. Besides why do you want to move Conklin, he is our one receiving threat besides Garrett and has played well.
In year 5 of the JD era, this team has just as many holes as it did when he started.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
G This is all good but are we still going to have Salad, Fatboy & buddy hackett running the show? This is the big question......Even if Rodgers comes back, even if Rodgers can still play.....can we trust the three stooges to run this show.......I don't know if I can watch next year with this crew running the show

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Screenshot 2023-12-18 8.34.27 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-18 8.33.40 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-18 8.33.49 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-18 8.34.04 PM.png

this would not only fix our offense but fill needs if we move on from Becton, and several other free agents this year. also giving us the ability to trade off some other players like JFM, DJ Reed and even Lazard.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
View attachment 5962
View attachment 5963
View attachment 5964
View attachment 5965

this would not only fix our offense but fill needs if we move on from Becton, and several other free agents this year. also giving us the ability to trade off some other players like JFM, DJ Reed and even Lazard.
I love this! But trust JD ZERO to be able to pull something like this off. I have a feeling we will sit pat with our picks, tell the public that "we called everyone and tried to trade down, but there was just nothing there" and walk away with a bunch of DL again.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
If everyone gets fired I will still sleep well and if everyone returns I will do the same .

Unless we re-sign Billy Turner or and continue starting Tomlinson at LG.
I seriously can’t believe we moved AVT to accommodate this fraud

McJet

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Huff may be tagged to be traded.
Cut the dead wood of Uzomah, Cook, Bechton, Cobb.
Can Lazard be cut? Tomlinson? Jets don’t have much wiggle room cap wise, these guys might have to be kept on.
JFM traded, he’s probably the 2nd best d lineman but is making 14 million.
I don’t think Saleh does anything to lose players from his “championship” D.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I love this! But trust JD ZERO to be able to pull something like this off. I have a feeling we will sit pat with our picks, tell the public that "we called everyone and tried to trade down, but there was just nothing there" and walk away with a bunch of DL again.
Did anyone believe he could land the guys he landed a couple years ago? That was a world-class draft.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Did anyone believe he could land the guys he landed a couple years ago? That was a world-class draft.
Thats one great draft in a sea of trash. I know GM's don't hit on every player, but you can't miss on entire drafts. 2020 seems to have Ashton Davis and a backup CB as only serviceable players. 2021 draft best player has been injured 2 years in a row. Zach Wilson is a bust and that's the one pick he couldn't afford to miss. 2022 draft looks like a home run if we don't waste Garrett and Breece. 2023 is looking bad as well. The bottom line is JD is 25-55. I don't give a shit, but that's unacceptable.

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Huff may be tagged to be traded.
Cut the dead wood of Uzomah, Cook, Bechton, Cobb.
Can Lazard be cut? Tomlinson? Jets don’t have much wiggle room cap wise, these guys might have to be kept on.
JFM traded, he’s probably the 2nd best d lineman but is making 14 million.
I don’t think Saleh does anything to lose players from his “championship” D.
I never wanted Cook in the first place, I would rather we'd kept Carter and Bam. But it has to be said that NOBODY has looked good behind our line, including Breece.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Boy I hope not. Taking the flashy pick without fixing the foundations. Both Beebe and Haynes are slated to be guards. Who are your offensive tackles in this plan?
Becton & AVT
With Carter Warren as the swing
Can always sign Jonah Williams in FA