Game day thread: Jets @ Eagles

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
My father was scared that color tv gave you cancer. I think that was the belief back then anyway. We were the last people in the US to have a color TV. I'm thinking around 1980? Never even had a remote until the second TV that I bought myself. The 1st one I remember telling the salesman that I didn't need a remote
Yes that was the deal
You were suppose to sit about 6 feet away so you didn’t get the
“Radiation “

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
No pass rush, still unable to cover guys running across the middle. Another formation error by Mims and then he drops one. Breece Hall showed some nice feet and Bam lived up to his nickname.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
No pass rush, still unable to cover guys running across the middle. Another formation error by Mims and then he drops one. Breece Hall showed some nice feet and Bam lived up to his nickname.

That first series on D was atrocious. Saleh cannot be happy with that performance. As you said, WIDE open receivers and nobody got near Hurts. That was bad. This better not be a sign of things to come. I’m praying that was just “1st preseason game rust”.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
That first series on D was atrocious. Saleh cannot be happy with that performance. As you said, WIDE open receivers and nobody got near Hurts. That was bad. This better not be a sign of things to come. I’m praying that was just “1st preseason game rust”.
Hey Positive Vibes Only.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
All the “Wilson has an ACL tear” people can quiet down now. Jesus, it was off the hook on social media last night. All the internet MD’s proclaiming their diagnoses. SMFH.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Can we talk for a minute about the game, and specifically how some of the rookies and young players performed?

Rookies:
Two guys stood out to me and looked like they belong were Max Mitchell and Michael Clemons.

Young guys (<3 years):
Sherwood, Smart, Zuniga and Cager

Other comments:
Mims was targeted often, perhaps showcasing him for trade? Was going well until the penalty and the drop. Lack of focus?

Last edited:

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
Yes that was the deal
You were suppose to sit about 6 feet away so you didn’t get the
“Radiation “
It's wasn't the fact that it was color TV. It was that they were CRTs. And there's probably a lot of truth to the radiation. My parents first remote for a tv had 4 sticks of lead in it.

Now whether the radiation exposure actually translated to you losing your mind or getting cancer is questionable.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
Can we talk for a minute about the game, and specifically how some of the rookies and young players performed?

Rookies:
Two guys stood out to me and looked they belong were Max Mitchell and Michael Clemons.

Young guys (<3 years):
Sherwood, Smart, Zuniga and Cager

Other comments:
Mims was targeted often, perhaps showcasing him for trade? Was going well until the penalty and the drop. Lack of focus?
Didn't see the game. We won in the trenches. However, quickly falling to a 14 point deficit is troubling. I'm more interested in what happened at the beginning than the game as a whole.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Now that I got the chance to see the game , I have to say it wasn’t as bad as many were saying during the game . The first drive was stopped if it were not for the miserable penalty by Quincy . The second drive was a short field and was also stopped but the Eagles went on 4th down which they probably don’t do in the regular season.
The penalty on Mims could have been on the TE . The drop pass was on a high throw but Mims should have made the catch. Mike White like Wilson missed some open receivers and didn’t look particularly good.

The defense was meh, but it was the 1st preseason game and I think some guys are still learning their teammates and they responsibilities. Defense had some nice short yardage stops which was encouraging.

Overall it’s what I expected from a first preseason game.

On a side note and it might be hindsight, but with 2 third string OTs starting, I probably don’t think it was a smart idea having your starting QB play in that game.