Gotta Admit……

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
Let's hope increased arm strength has been added to Pennington version 2.0

i always wished he signed with Minny to play in the Metro-Dome 8 times per year and in the Silver-dome once per year.
at that time, his arm/shoulder would have had to endure a maximum of 7 outdoor games + he would have had AP to hand hand off to.

Brees made a similar calculation in NO. it worked for his repaired injured shoulder.

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
remember what I said at the beginning of the season if Zach buys in and does NOT play hero ball he will succeed...
but what happened he kept moving the pocket opening up himself to getting hurt which is what happened...

but on a side note, they should of had a veteran QB to start the season to allow him to acclimate to this level...
he got hurt...
then had to watch not one, but two oh wait thats right three other quarterbacks succeed at what he was not willing to do from jump street...
not willing vs not trusting what is unfamiliar is debatable. I'll take the basic instinct of making plays that has to be honed into a controlled weapon at this level any day of the week vs the physical limitations of a Mac Jones. Nobody promised a polished product coming out of BYU so some patience was in order from the get go. Greg Knapp loss was critical.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
not willing vs not trusting what is unfamiliar is debatable. I'll take the basic instinct of making plays that has to be honed into a controlled weapon at this level any day of the week vs the physical limitations of a Mac Jones. Nobody promised a polished product coming out of BYU so some patience was in order from the get go. Greg Knapp loss was critical.

+1.

one of the first questions Saleh was asked about Mike White's Cincy performance was about taking the underneath stuff as the first option. Saleh shot that notion down quickly, and said that LaFleur tried to push the ball down field but the underneath was available.

i say that, because it should be noted that before the injury we had no running game to speak of, and we didn't have the Doctor at RG so our pass protection was abysmal and play fakes didn't fool a soul. Cory was the #1 option on most plays so it stands to reason that a rookie QB:

1.) is not going to trust smaller windows under pressure.
2.) will hold onto the ball longer.
3.) try to extend plays as a pocket is collapsing.

having said that, Zach didn't "get off" of Cory quickly enough, and allowed his outlets to be covered...but that wasn't Hero Ball. it was a rookie not trusting and/or processing quickly.

What a difference an NFL Right Guard makes, right?