Haason Reddick

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
It's worth it if it keeps JD from using #10 on an edge. Besides it might be a wash altogether if we get a #3 compensation pick from Huff.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Wow! Gonna have to pay him. They took our younger version. And we took their older version. JD wants the oldest team in the NFL with the highest injury risk and we gave up a 3rd round pick. JD is definitely playing checkers.

McJet

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
I know Saleh likes his edge rushers, this just makes drafting McDonald a fucking head scratcher now, to me.
Why not draft a WRer last year???
You drafted an ER in the first rd, to be a back up?? A player, most analysts, said, could’ve been taken later in rd 1. In other words, traded back…
I don’t mind the trade, JD doesn’t care about a draft pick in ‘26 because he might not be here to make it. The money though..
14 million??
JD will, rework/extend it to lessen the hit.
Still need WRer and oline.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don't hate the player. Reddick is probably still better than Huff all around. I just think this trade looks stupid when you had a younger player here. It tells me they never liked Huff as evidenced by his playing time. Tells me they don't like MacDonald either.

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Lots of people saying JFM may be gone with this move. I personally would move him inside and rotate him with Q and Kinlaw, and also rotate him on the edge outside. The guy I would look to dump is Clemons. I really don’t think this is any indictment on McDonald at all

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Good feedback on NFL Live just before our latest.
Some Jets fan commented in the Post , at 240 he might be a little light .
Made 2 pro bowls, lotsa sacks.
Sounds like a good one.
Jets first ball.jpg

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Eagles get Huff for 3 years plus a likely second round pick. In exchange we get Reddick for one year and pay a few thousand more..

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Reddick has recorded at least 11 sacks in each of the past four seasons. He made the Pro Bowl after each of the last two seasons and was an All-Pro in 2022 after recording 16 sacks and a league-high five forced fumbles. He posted 11 sacks and 13 tackles for loss in 2023.

Are you effing kidding me? you have to pull the trigger to get a player like that, especially for a future selection.
Later

Last edited:

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I didn't make it as I was a new fan of them, but remember the game . Yes Wahoo played and one Cosmo Iaccovazi from Princeton. Remember him?
Yes, I was on a date with a very hot girl named Ellen for the first, and unfortunately last, time.
Later

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Reddick has recorded at least 11 sacks in each of the past four seasons. He made the Pro Bowl after each of the last two seasons and was an All-Pro in 2022 after recording 16 sacks and a league-high five forced fumbles. He posted 11 sacks and 13 tackles for loss in 2023.

Are you effing kidding me? you have to pull the trigger to get a player like that, especially for a future selection.
Later

As I see it the Jets were not going to be able to keep Huff. I think he wanted to experience someplace new for whatever reason. Likely, he wanted a better chance at more snaps. Whatever....he wanted to leave in my opinion. Reddick is an outstanding player and that means the jets almost certainly will not be trying to replace Huff at #10. The pass rush is the staple of our defense. We needed a player of his caliber to maintain that quality.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Could be a costly trade as we are most likely going to be giving up a 2nd for him. To me this really speaks volumes about what they think of McDonald. They were looking for a high volume starter (first Clowney and now Reddick), so they don't seem to be leaning towards increasing McDonald's snaps like they did with JJ in year 2.

I'm still pissed we didn't draft JSN last year.

Last edited:

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Could be a costly trade as we are most likely going to be giving up a 2nd for him. To me this really speaks volumes about what they think of McDonald. They were looking for a high volume starter (first Clowney and now Reddick), so they don't seem to be leaning towards increasing McDonald's snaps like they did with JJ in year 2.

Rodgers, JD and Saleh will be gone by 2026 so I think they don't care what assets they spend. Makes me a little nervous that they trade up for someone, but the trade for Reddick is a pretty good one since the compensation is so far out. Reddick is a better player than Huff currently is.

Last edited:

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I didn't make it as I was a new fan of them, but remember the game . Yes Wahoo played and one Cosmo Iaccovazi from Princeton. Remember him?

4,000 trivia points for even mentioning 'ole Cosmo. Overshadowed by the great LaVerne Torczon, of course, but still a Jets great

EDIT: come to think of it, why is there not a trivia thread here?

Last edited:

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

If the compensation goes from a 3rd to a 2nd that means he got 10+ sacks. Seems decent compensation to me.