Haason Reddick

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
So we can surely rule out Jared Verse at #10. But the likely loss of next year's 2nd round pick makes it even more important that we go O-line with this year's #10, as Smith and Moses are short term patches.

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
I didn't make it as I was a new fan of them, but remember the game . Yes Wahoo played and one Cosmo Iaccovazi from Princeton. Remember him?
That spring they drafted Namath (427K) and Huarte (200k). Werblin was a master and spent at the time huge bucks at QB.
Paid off big time.
Namath Station.jpg

Last edited:

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Rodgers, JD and Saleh will be gone by 2026 so I think they don't care what assets they spend. Makes me a little nervous that they trade up for someone, but the trade for Reddick is a pretty good one since the compensation is so far out. Reddick is a better player than Huff currently is.
Not only is Reddick a better player he comes at about 3 mil cheaper per year. I'd guess that gives the Jets a little more money to spend this year. He may prove to be worth a 2nd round pick 2 years down the road. In order for that pick to become a 2nd rounder he has to play 67.5 % of the snaps and have at least 10 sacks.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Could be a costly trade as we are most likely going to be giving up a 2nd for him. To me this really speaks volumes about what they think of McDonald. They were looking for a high volume starter (first Clowney and now Reddick), so they don't seem to be leaning towards increasing McDonald's snaps like they did with JJ in year 2.

I'm still pissed we didn't draft JSN last year.
On the other hand...............IF McDonald shows up really well in training camp he might be given a bigger part. Consider this. If Mcdonald can be that good when he's on the field he just might eat into Reddick's snaps enough to keep the 3rd round pick from becoming a 2nd.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
So we can surely rule out Jared Verse at #10. But the likely loss of next year's 2nd round pick makes it even more important that we go O-line with this year's #10, as Smith and Moses are short term patches.
I think you meant 2026 2nd round pick.........right ? I think you are spot on about adding another tackle at 10 though for just the reason that you stated.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Great. Now I m somewhat relieved. This means they won't draft an Edge at 10. Looks like they got a pretty good one in Haason too. I'm good with it.

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I think you meant 2026 2nd round pick.........right ? I think you are spot on about adding another tackle at 10 though for just the reason that you stated.
You're right. I didn't read the year too carefully because it seemed logical for a conditional pick based on next year's performance to apply to the following draft.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Reddick has recorded at least 11 sacks in each of the past four seasons. He made the Pro Bowl after each of the last two seasons and was an All-Pro in 2022 after recording 16 sacks and a league-high five forced fumbles. He posted 11 sacks and 13 tackles for loss in 2023.

Are you effing kidding me? you have to pull the trigger to get a player like that, especially for a future selection.
Later
Context. He played more than twice the snaps then Huff. Saleh loves to rotate his DEs.
If Huff doubled his snap count, his stats would have been first in the league, instead of second

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Not only is Reddick a better player he comes at about 3 mil cheaper per year. I'd guess that gives the Jets a little more money to spend this year. He may prove to be worth a 2nd round pick 2 years down the road. In order for that pick to become a 2nd rounder he has to play 67.5 % of the snaps and have at least 10 sacks.
Reddick is actually more expensive for his one year than Huff for his 3 years.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
What I saw was Huff getting 17 mil per year and Reddick getting 14.5 mil
That # is the total for Huff over 7 years, but only the first 3 are fully guaranteed. 1.5 mill this year ,4.5 mill year 2 , and 7.5 million in 2026. There are 4 additional void year that contain the big money.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
That # is the total for Huff over 7 years, but only the first 3 are fully guaranteed. 1.5 mill this year ,4.5 mill year 2 , and 7.5 million in 2026. There are 4 additional void year that contain the big money.
You're probably right. I didn't see the full details of his contract just the info shared by the sports writers.