Hams (eclectic) Oldies but Goodies Jukebox

Golden Rott

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Some of my Dad's favorites:

Jethro Tull - Locomotive Breath

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Cool tunes: Here's Jethro Tull's best tune: don't argue, I'm right.

Sorry, Wick, but I am sittin with Supe's dad on this one. Too Old to Rock & Roll might be Tull's best post '75, but their earlier stuff was far better -- in my humble opinion. I grew up listening to Aqualung, Thick as a Brick, Skating Away, Bungle in the Jungle, etc.

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
Couple of nice finds with Golden Earring. Radar Love is one of those songs that most people know but have no clue who the band was.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Radar Love is one of those songs that most people know but have no clue who the band was.
Best driving song ever.

I used to keep that song on loop when I was driving up to the Jersey Shore, AC or the Hampton's.

I would drive at night, like 1 or 2 AM so I didn't have to deal with the traffic, and that song was cranked to the max :)

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Sorry, Wick, but I am sittin with Supe's dad on this one. Too Old to Rock & Roll might be Tull's best post '75, but their earlier stuff was far better -- in my humble opinion. I grew up listening to Aqualung, Thick as a Brick, Skating Away, Bungle in the Jungle, etc.
I was a big Tull fan too.

Locomotive Breath was another great driving song :)

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I want to thank you guys for all of your great contributions to this thread.

I'm not commenting on all of them, but I'm listening to them and you guys are rocking this thread.

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Best driving song ever.

I used to keep that song on loop when I was driving up to the Jersey Shore, AC or the Hampton's.

I would drive at night, like 1 or 2 AM so I didn't have to deal with the traffic, and that song was cranked to the max :)

This is "my" best driving song ever:

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
Don't think I have listened to Molly Hatchet since I was in college. And that was decades ago. Nice choice, Wick.

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
30 years ago today -- July 13, 1985 The Live Aid concert to raise money for famine relief.

Organizer of the event, Bob Geldof with the Boomtown Rats:

A couple of the headliners

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Lyrically this is one of the best pop songs ever written (about falling in love with a ho, something most guys have foolishly done), and vocally there aren't many pop singers whoever lived who had a stronger singing voice than Gary Puckett.

WOMAN WOMAN - Gary Puckett and the Union Gap (1968)

Johnny Unite Us

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Some great stuff here, Ham.

Gordon Lightfoot has been at the top of my playlist since you posted "If You Could Read My Mind".

I have a rather eclectic taste as well...listen to Tony Levin on the bass stick on this King Crimson classic:

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
When this song came on in the clubs back in the day, there was a bum rush to the dance floor.

Jocelyn Brown KILLS THIS RECORD!!

CAUGHT UP (in a one night love affair) - Inner Life (1979)

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Fantastic double feature, two ballads off one of the best R&B albums of the 1970's

From Earth, Wind and Fire's All n All album (1977): Loves Holiday & I Write a Song

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
August 17, 1969

The final day of the Woodstock Music Festival. Here are a few of the performances from that day: