How good of a year do you think Brandon Marshall will have?

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Thoughts?

He's saying all the right things and it seems like he's pumped to be in NY but will the lack of QB play make him change his tune?

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I think that as far as his mental issues, they are behind him. Some medication and some growing up seems to have done wonders for him. From all that I am reading he is acting like a leader and good teammate.
As far as on the field he goes as our QB goes (the best for the spot, DONT CARE WHICH, whoever deserves it at the end of camp)
With decent qb play and all the other weapons around him to keep the coverages honest, I would be very happy with 1100 yards and 10 td's.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I agree with Oraelo, WR is so QB dependent and we have no idea what we are getting at QB,

but I'll say 80-1050-11

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Jets quarterback Geno Smith hopes his new roommate helps

There are lots of ways for quarterbacks to build chemistry with wide receivers, such as completing passes, or working out together during the offseason.

But Jets quarterback Geno Smith decided to take it a step further, by taking in a boarder.

According to Brian Costello of the New York Post, Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall moved into Smith’s New Jersey home, and has been living with him for a month.

Smith’s apparently not the slob of the tandem, leaving his socks and cigar butts around the place.

“I was just blown away by his maturity and how much he knows,” Marshall said. “This kid is really smart. The sky is the limit for him.”

The two met a few years ago, and caught up in South Florida shortly after the trade that brought Marshall to New York.

And frankly, it’s in each of their best interest to develop a rapport, and this is Marshall’s fourth team, and Smith is actually going to have to compete for a job, though it’s probably his to lose.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I don't see how projecting Marshall's numbers is going to have any impact on the others ...
Thats because Patriots fans aren't very bright when it comes to football matters.

The only thing they are good at is waving the pom-poms for the home-team.

That said, it correlates because even the poor passing teams catch a certain number of passes and a certain number of TD's for a certain amount of yards in a single season, so if you depress the numbers of the # 1 WR like you did here, then it stands to reason that it increases the projections elsewhere.

To be more specific, nowadays throwing for 4,000 Yards is just average, it doesn't take an elite QB, so its not absurd to think the Jets can throw for 4,000, thats not a ridiculous number to reach. That said, if we throw for 4,000 somebody has to be on the receiving end. Usually the bulk of that number goes to your # 1 WR, but if you depress the projection for the # 1 WR, then it implies increased production elsewhere (Decker, Smith, Amaro etc.)

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
If all goes well and as expected, I wouldn't think any receiver would have any big time production with any of our QBs. This will be a run heavy team so if Brandon does get 80 receptions for 1000 + plus and 10 plus TDs, that will be an excellent year. This will probably keep Decker and Amaro in the 60 catch range at best or Amaro a little less and Decker a little more receptions. Lets say 70 for Decker and 50 for Amaro and Kerley and Smith in the 40 catch range. If the D dominants as expected, run game and o-line does its part and Geno cuts down significantly on the TOs, I see Brandon catching 70-80 catches for about 1000 or a little more and 10 TDs.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Thats because Patriots fans aren't very bright when it comes to football matters.

That said, it correlates because even the poor passing teams catch a certain number of passes and a certain number of TD's for a certain amount of yards in a single season, so if you depress the numbers of the # 1 WR like you did here, then it stands to reason that it increases the projections elsewhere.

To be more specific, nowadays throwing for 4,000 Yards is just average, it doesn't take an elite QB, so its not absurd to think the Jets can throw for 4,000, thats not a ridiculous number to reach. That said, if we throw for 4,000 somebody has to be on the receiving end. Usually the bulk of that number goes to your # 1 WR, but if you depress the projection for the # 1 WR, then it implies increased production elsewhere (Decker, Smith, Amaro etc.)

Thanks for not making me waste my time pointing out the obvious

G

grogan14

Well in the end do you really think it's going to matter for the Jets this year if he catches 75 balls or 90? I honesty doubt it will make much of a difference given the course this team is on.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Well in the end do you really think it's going to matter for the Jets this year if he catches 75 balls or 90? I honesty doubt it will make much of a difference given the course this team is on.

What exactly does that mean? The course this team is on?

Bronx

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics

Honest question, What course is that?