How good of a year do you think Brandon Marshall will have?

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The re-building course of course.

So for a team that is rebuilding, it doesn't matter what kind of year its #1 WR has?

And I'm not even sure I agree with the whole rebuilding premise. That would suggest that the Jets traded away veterans for picks and young players. They haven't done that. They were aggressive in the market. That does not sound like a rebuilding team to me.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
The re-building course of course.
The Jets are not a re-building team, grogan, what they are is a really good team with a huge question mark at QB.

How that question is answered will determine how good we are, but the rest of the roster is playoff caliber.

In fact this defense might be so strong that the QB will only be required to be average for them to win 10 Games.

G

grogan14

The Jets are not a re-building team, grogan, what they are is a really good team with a huge question mark at QB.

How that question is answered will determine how good we are, but the rest of the roster is playoff caliber.

In fact this defense might be so strong that the QB will only be required to be average for them to win 10 Games.

Most non-Jets fans would disagree. How you can call them a "really good" team is right up there with all those great Washington teams that loaded up on high priced free agents, how did those teams do on the field? The bottom line is the Jets are a 4-12 team because 4-12 is what they proved on the field. Look there is no doubt they "should" be better, but your already talking like the defense is the 85 Bears. :) The proof as you know comes on the field, and all the off season dreaming won't change that. I have them between 6-8 wins this season with an outside shot at a wildcard if the luck into some decent QB play. If you want to fit them for rings and an undefeated season feel free, after all it's the time of year when all objectivity goes out the window.

G

grogan14

So for a team that is rebuilding, it doesn't matter what kind of year its #1 WR has?

And I'm not even sure I agree with the whole rebuilding premise. That would suggest that the Jets traded away veterans for picks and young players. They haven't done that. They were aggressive in the market. That does not sound like a rebuilding team to me.

For a rebuilding team, the difference between an aging WR catching 75 balls and 90 isn't really important in the grand scheme of things far as I'm concerned. You don't have to agree with the "whole rebuilding thing", your welcome to believe whatever you like. However most would agree that a team that was so poor, it went 4-12, fired everyone and has no franchise QB, well many would look at that as a re-building year.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Most non-Jets fans would disagree. How you can call them a "really good" team is right up there with all those great Washington teams that loaded up on high priced free agents, how did those teams do on the field? The bottom line is the Jets are a 4-12 team because 4-12 is what they proved on the field. Look there is no doubt they "should" be better, but your already talking like the defense is the 85 Bears. :) The proof as you know comes on the field, and all the off season dreaming won't change that. I have them between 6-8 wins this season with an outside shot at a wildcard if the luck into some decent QB play. If you want to fit them for rings and an undefeated season feel free, after all it's the time of year when all objectivity goes out the window.

Agreed..........some fans still convince themselves that their team hasn't been finding ways to cheat for over a decade despite claims from their strongest supporters that they don't need to do it to be successful. Yet they do it anyway.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
For a rebuilding team, the difference between an aging WR catching 75 balls and 90 isn't really important in the grand scheme of things far as I'm concerned. You don't have to agree with the "whole rebuilding thing", your welcome to believe whatever you like. However most would agree that a team that was so poor, it went 4-12, fired everyone and has no franchise QB, well many would look at that as a re-building year.

Well, it could be the difference between a playoff berth and not. That is, unless you presume that adding two legit starting CBs, a nickel back, a starting FS, a #1 WR, a starting-quality guard, and an upgrade at QB without losing anyone of note, and having what many consider to be the best draft in the league, means nothing.

I know Pats fans generally aren't the most sophisticated about the nuances of football, but I'd like to think they're not that oversimplified.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

Really? Is that why, in a national piece, the Jets were ranked as having the fourth best roster in the league, minus the QB?

Now, I have coached high school football in Massachusetts. My brother coaches in Connecticut. I've been on the state football board. Teams up here indeed do have QBs, but they also have other positions. Maybe the Pats just want to start 22 QBs, if that's the only thing you need.

G

grogan14

Well, it could be the difference between a playoff berth and not. That is, unless you presume that adding two legit starting CBs, a nickel back, a starting FS, a #1 WR, a starting-quality guard, and an upgrade at QB without losing anyone of note, and having what many consider to be the best draft in the league, means nothing.

I know Pats fans generally aren't the most sophisticated about the nuances of football, but I'd like to think they're not that oversimplified.

Well considering Jet fans win the off-season every single year and then go on to convince themselves it's going to make the difference that next season only to be disappointed 45 years and counting, it begs the question as to just who is more sophisticated Jets or Pats fans. Doesn't it Sack?

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Well considering Jet fans win the off-season every single year and then go on to convince themselves it's going to make the difference that next season only to be disappointed 45 years and counting, it begs the question as to just who is more sophisticated Jets or Pats fans. Doesn't it Sack?

can you give another example of jets fans thinking they've won the off-season from recent years' past?

and on the topic at hand, do you not think getting brandon marshall (and zac stacy) for a 5th round pick was a great trade? i mean it's not as exciting as using a 5th rounder on a long-snapper out of navy, but it's a pretty good return on the pick, don't you think?

S

sg3

Finally the time for banning this troll is here.

Do it mods

Jets Fans are United in wanting this to happen

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

You really believe that? You really think Jets fans were convincing themselves that they had won the offseason last year, when their GM wouldn't spend to upgrade a questionable secondary? When they sat on around $40 million in cap space?

But in Patsland, secondaries don't matter. Lose Revis, Browner, Arrington? Who cares? Brady can play CB. After all, QBs are all that matter. Don't they, grog?

G

grogan14

Really? Is that why, in a national piece, the Jets were ranked as having the fourth best roster in the league, minus the QB?

Now, I have coached high school football in Massachusetts. My brother coaches in Connecticut. I've been on the state football board. Teams up here indeed do have QBs, but they also have other positions. Maybe the Pats just want to start 22 QBs, if that's the only thing you need.

Not sure what your trying to say here, are you talking fantasy football or Madden? Because Like the Washington Redskins of old, "rated #1 Roster in the NFL the year they won 5 games." by the way. Haven't done jack. So honestly sack, how far off do you think my prediction on the Jets record is? What you have them down for?

G

grogan14

You really believe that? You really think Jets fans were convincing themselves that they had won the offseason last year, when their GM wouldn't spend to upgrade a questionable secondary? When they sat on around $40 million in cap space?

But in Patsland, secondaries don't matter. Lose Revis, Browner, Arrington? Who cares? Brady can play CB. After all, QBs are all that matter. Don't they, grog?

Well I think they matter very much, but they won't against the Jets this year, of that you can be sure. :)

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Not sure what your trying to say here, are you talking fantasy football or Madden? Because Like the Washington Redskins of old, "rated #1 Roster in the NFL the year they won 5 games." by the way. Haven't done jack. So honestly sack, how far off do you think my prediction on the Jets record is? What you have them down for?

I haven't seen your prediction. Nor do I care.

I think they are about an 8-9 win team. Improved QB play, either by Geno improving or by Fitzpatrick holding down the fort, and they win 10.

G

grogan14

I haven't seen your prediction. Nor do I care.

I think they are about an 8-9 win team. Improved QB play, either by Geno improving or by Fitzpatrick holding down the fort, and they win 10.

Funny because what I said is 6-8 with an out side chance of a wildcard should they luck into some good qb play. Pretty similar aren't they, yet you attack my posts because you simply hate Pats fans.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Let's switch the discussion to deflated footballs and maybe he'll disappear again.

G

grogan14

Let's switch the discussion to deflated footballs and maybe he'll disappear again.

Oh no, you got me, I'm just mortified a Pats football was 3/4 of a pound under inflated, yet a Colts ball was 1/3 of pound under inflated? Wait I'm confused, at which point in the pressure of the ball being under inflated should I be outraged? Or is it just which team?

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Oh no, you got me, I'm just mortified a Pats football was 3/4 of a pound under inflated, yet a Colts ball was 1/3 of pound under inflated? Wait I'm confused, at which point in the pressure of the ball being under inflated should I be outraged? Or is it just which team?

The point where one team is fined, docked picks, and continues to have people question just how good they are since they resort to such cheap tactics to get a win. The point where a team fires a man just because he's trying to deflate(lose weight).