Jets sign OG John Simpson

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The PFF grade I just read had his score about 1 1/2 or 2 points better than Laken and MORE IMPORTANTLY he allowed only 1 sack to Laken's 7. Yes Laken played every game but he played like a revolving door. Defensive players ran right by him. In fact I believe that in addition to the 7 sacks he also allowed 17 QB hits and 51 pressures. Being there was actually of very little value. Simpson obviously isn't a star, as Tony pointed out, but he at least does more that just stand there and watch players run by. Hopefully they can fix the penalty problems with him and others already on the roster.
:giggle:
Maybe he only allowed one sack because he tackles people.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Last year was a break out year for him, he was benched in 22 after 2 atrocious games.
23 was better 37 pressures and 3 sacks.
Avg 9.8 penalties per season.
Not a great fit for wide zone though.
Hopefully he continues to improve, I'd have been happier to see his fellow Raven Kevin Zeitler signed.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
His Pass Protection is S-H-I-T!! Another Shitty move by a GM who thinks he is a Genius at picking great talent at the bottom of the barrel.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Agree on the penalty concerns but the guy he replaces also had 3 penalties to his 11. On the other hand Tomlinson allowed 7 sacks to his one. As mentioned he is younger and just as durable as well. His PFF grade is a couple points higher too so all things considered I'd say he is an upgrade that might help keep our elder statesman QB on the field.
The one argument about penalties that has made sense to me is pass pro for Lamar. The guy scrambles, makes plays out of nothing. But it also means a very slow release and a pocket that is constantly moving. Rodgers with a quicker release would negate at least some of those holds.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Well below avg guard who can be counted on to draw flags. Let's see how many third down conversions he negates.
Extra work for Morestead if resigned...
Hopefully an insurance policy for AVT....
He's really not well below average in either run or pass blocking. He is at worst mediocre, which is a step up.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
He's really not well below average in either run or pass blocking. He is at worst mediocre, which is a step up.
His stats may suggest that but they don't take into consideration the mobility of Jackson and the sacks he evaded.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
The one argument about penalties that has made sense to me is pass pro for Lamar. The guy scrambles, makes plays out of nothing. But it also means a very slow release and a pocket that is constantly moving. Rodgers with a quicker release would negate at least some of those holds.
That certainly would also be beneficial.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I like it. It's depth which is something we don't have right now. Sign and draft as many as you can JD.
It's the age old thing. No Team is giving up a guy in his prime. The debate is: Do you sign a guy whose best days may be behind him?