Jets signing Tyron Smith

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
That's how I see it too basically. JD still needs to pick up at least 1 tackle in the draft to groom. 2 would be better, of course, but probably won't happen unless the 2nd comes from the undrafted free agent group. He also needs another guard to groom. These days you need all the "O" line help you can staff and we need to get younger at these positions fast. That's why these are short term contracts.
Agreed,. The next few signings will be a long the lines of the Smith deal. Seems to be how it's being done this off-season. Williams is looking at a similar deal. Low base with roster and game bonuses

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
We still have to address the O line at 10. Both tackles are on 1 year deals and if they make it through the season will be looking to capitalize on the year. Wanting one last multi year deal.
How foolish would it be to go into next off-season in the same position.

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
I hate using a number 10 pick on a depth piece….. unless it’s a QB. We need to trade down for extra picks. Later first for a receiver that can fit outside or slot, 2nd for depth on OL. Then we can BPA the rest . But alas…. It will be Bowers.