Mock Draft Database Reactions

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The mock draft database in a view only forum need a place to talk about said mock drafts from around the web, discuss here... Some questionable mocks and Jets picks but some mocks are copies of other sites basically monkey see monkey do type mock reports...

Well Enjoy
Gaetano

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Veteran (Free Agents) would serve the offensive line well for quick results. Sound picks for skill positions from the draft would be ideal.
Listening JD? (A believer in building from the draft).

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I really like where Kyle Edmond went in his 02/07 mock.
OT Ikem Ekwonu at #4
EDGE David Ojabo at # 10. But if Jermaine Johnson drops , I'd take him there.
The SI.com 02/05 draft is a puzzler, with
DL Myjai Sanders at #4 and
OT Daniel Faalele at #10 with no "known" players to be found on his list. What are they doing? Truly WTF?
Later

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I saw two that I liked . One was Where we took Ekwonu and Jermaine Johnson and the other where we took Ekwonu and Ojabo

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The ones I DON'T like are the ones in which we take Stingley and Hamilton.
The people picking them looked at the yards given up last year and did not understand the correct remedy.
Unless they upgrade the pass rush, the best DBs in the world can't cover a WR forever.
AND
I wouldn't like any DB (a position where speed is important), much less two, coming back from leg injuries.
Using the top two picks on those two DBs would be about as useful as a third nostril.
I hope Saleh and JD will see this the same way.

Later

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
By the way I have started integrating that scenario where we trade down, pick up an additional 2nd + then use 2 of the 2nds to move back into the bottom of the 1st .

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The ones I DON'T like are the ones in which we take Stingley and Hamilton.
The people picking them looked at the yards given up last year and did not understand the correct remedy.
Unless they upgrade the pass rush, the best DBs in the world can't cover a WR forever.
AND
I wouldn't like any DB (a position where speed is important), much less two, coming back from leg injuries.
Using the top two picks on those two DBs would be about as useful as a third nostril.
I hope Saleh and JD will see this the same way.

Later
InstructiveHopefulGuineapig-max-1mb.gif

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
@Tinstar @NewMFS62 @Old#15

???

:rofl2:

:confucious:

:batoverhead:

Jetsfan4life

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
they have their agendas and he has his but end of the day this is not suppose to fill in the blank mock drafts which they tend to do or they follow suit with someone else perspective on specific teams they can not figure out for themselves.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
If the Jets will be looking for a wide receiver with the speed to stretch the field, I'm surprised that many of the mocks are saying they will draft Drake London (the USC guy), the slowest of the three top prospects. They talk about how many contended catches he has. Not a good sign. That must mean he can't get separation or run away from anybody. Contested catches are for tight ends, NOT your "long threat" wide receiver.

Later

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
London couldn't consistently separate with quickness or pure speed but he has the reach and hands to make up for that feat.

problem is at the NFL level the competition, defensive backs are much more physical then lets say Colorado, Hawaii. that same win ratio he had in college won't be there at this level if he can not run better routes and utilize speed and quickness along with sharper change of direction to get open. hands are not everything. height is not everything. player needs to bring the complete package and London is not complete.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I'll take Trey Burks, maybe two inches shorter (6'3") but heavier AND faster a WR in tight end body, along the lines of Jerome Barkum or Richard Caster.
Later

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
Re: DraftKings I can see the commentary on the site being. the Jets have a huge void at safety since the departure of Jamal Adams.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Re: DraftKings I can see the commentary on the site being. the Jets have a huge void at safety since the departure of Jamal Adams.
no they just put team needs: Needs: CB, OL, DL, EDGE
so off their own statement selecting ND Safety does us no good if it is not one of our needs as they posted

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The Jets Global 2/16 is coocoo cocoa puffs.
Trading down and then picking THOSE GUYS?
ouch!
Later