Official Thread New York Jets Schedule 2022

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Anyone else note the strange preseason sched?

Phiily first, a MNF game vs Atl and ending with the Giants.

So the Giants game becomes the guys who are probably getting cut game?

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Anyone else note the strange preseason sched?

Phiily first, a MNF game vs Atl and ending with the Giants.

So the Giants game becomes the guys who are probably getting cut game?

Yup. Those 10 or so players fighting for the last roster spots and practice squad.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Yup. Those 10 or so players fighting for the last roster spots and practice squad.
Amazing that the Jets are going to cut players this September that would have been starters for us in prior years . On offense, defense and special teams. And it’s been accomplished in 3 years .

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
And by the third game of the season, fans will be screaming "I TOLD 'ya we shudda' kept that guy" when he shows up on the highlight reel of some other team.
Later

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
  • For the second straight year, the opening line has the Jets as a 4.5 underdog in their season opener. Lamar Jackson is the one to watch in this game. In three opening day starts, he's completed 75 percent of his passes, averaged 278 passing yards per game and has a 9:0 touchdown-to-interception ratio. They did lose to the Raiders in their opener last season, though, as he lost two fumbles. "At least they have a lot of time to prepare for him," doesn't create much comfort though.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
  • For the second straight year, the opening line has the Jets as a 4.5 underdog in their season opener. Lamar Jackson is the one to watch in this game. In three opening day starts, he's completed 75 percent of his passes, averaged 278 passing yards per game and has a 9:0 touchdown-to-interception ratio. They did lose to the Raiders in their opener last season, though, as he lost two fumbles. "At least they have a lot of time to prepare for him," doesn't create much comfort though.

For those who point to the Ravens record last season, remember that they were hit hard with injuries. To key players, too. Just like the Jets.

Saleh and Ulbrich have plenty of time to game plan this Raven offense. Double team TE Andrews and set the edge. Jermaine Johnson was very good at FSU setting the edge. If we can keep Jackson in the pocket we have a chance.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
To tell the truth, of the first 4 or 5 games the Ravens game is the only one that scares me. They don’t run a conventional offense and the way they run the ball is troubling.

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
For those who point to the Ravens record last season, remember that they were hit hard with injuries. To key players, too. Just like the Jets.

Saleh and Ulbrich have plenty of time to game plan this Raven offense. Double team TE Andrews and set the edge. Jermaine Johnson was very good at FSU setting the edge. If we can keep Jackson in the pocket we have a chance.
Jackson is the fastest QB I ever saw. That includes Mike Vick and RG III.
-The Repeat Offender

Last edited:

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Jets this year have a roster that’s capable of winning 10-11 games, regardless of their schedule. Ofcourse that all depends on how healthy they can remain, match ups and scheming in each game and how much their actually want to win and grow as a team from this point on.

On the other hand, they're so young and inexperienced at key positions that 2-3 wins is possible also, with this schedule! So I’m going to go with 8 wins to play it safe and be reasonable here. 9 if we’re lucky! Another less than 7 wins to me is a true disappointment. Anything over 8 wins is just as impressive as it can be.

1. vs. Ravens (W) they have to start the season off with this win.

2. @ Browns (L) without Watson they can win, with him at home in their first game, they lose. I think he will play.

3. vs. Bengals (L) Bengals are just to strong and want revenge from last year.

4. @ Steelers (W) Jets can and will win this one against they’re QBs. They better win it!

5. vs. Dolphins (W) first division game and the Jets can and better win this game.

6. @ Packers (L) Jets play them tuff but lose this one.

7. @ Broncos (L) Jets lose this one. Broncos with R. Wilson will be tuff.

8. vs. Patriots (W) Jets can and better win this game. I’m probably reaching here though.

9. vs. Bills (L) damn I hope I’m wrong about this but I can’t see this being a W.

10. BYE

11. @ Patriots (L) unfortunately the Patriots get their revenge. They fight hard but lose!

12. vs. Bears (W) Jets can and better win this game. Bears I don’t think have enough.

13. @ Vikings (W) tuff game but the Jets can win this one.

14. @ Bills (L) hopefully the Jets don’t get blown out. Just play them tuff please.

15. vs. Lions (W) Jets can and better win this game. No excuses!

16. vs. Jaguars (W) Jets can and better win this prime time game. Time to show their ready for that next step, meaning a next season take off.

17. @ Seahawks (W) I may be wrong about this but I honestly think the Jets can win this game.

18. @ Dolphins (L) heartbreaking lose but I think the Dolphins get revenge here in a tuff one.

I have 9 wins but I’ll be happy with 8. Anything less than 7 is a total disappointment! That Patriots game at home is the one I’m probably reaching on and it might be a lose. Bill Belibitch knows how to scheme against the Jets like no other and always gives us MUCH PROBLEMS!

Last edited by a moderator:

MiJetFan

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Well I see they play the Lions at home. One in the books right there. I have to wait until next season to see My Jets in Detroit. That will be our Super Bowl year. Hope so anyway.

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Too many variables in May for me to even pretend to pick outcomes. Luck, injuries, coaching..........and last but not least, been a Jet for a long time. Hope springs eternal, until..........

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Too many variables in May for me to even pretend to pick outcomes. Luck, injuries, coaching..........and last but not least, been a Jet for a long time. Hope springs eternal, until..........
Well we usually have no luck and always have injuries so thats a given. Coaching is still too new to know.