Sources: Jets looking to trade WR Robby Anderson

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
EHqw94HW4AAu4MM

The Jets are looking to add 2020 draft capital with an eye on quickly improving their roster. To that end, Gang Green has made it clear to teams that wide receiver Robby Anderson can be had before the Oct. 29 trade deadline for the right price, according to sources.

The Jets entertained trading Anderson before last year’s deadline. The Eagles had interest in the speedy wideout a year ago, but the Jets sat tight.

Anderson, who is making $3.1 million on his restricted free agent tender, is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent after the season. He has 17 catches for 266 yards and one touchdown in the first six games. Anderson’s 92-yard touchdown capped a five-catch, 125-yard performance in the Jets’ lone win of the season in Week 6.

He’s led the team in receptions for each of the past two seasons. Anderson had a breakout 2017 campaign (63 receptions, 941 yards and seven touchdowns) before taking a statistical step back last year (752 yards, 6 TDs).

The 1-5 Jets are hoping to be sellers. The team has also made it clear to teams that they’re willing to part with defensive lineman Leonard Williams for the right price, according to sources.

“I don’t know if I really have a specific philosophy when it comes to what our record is and things like that,” Adam Gase said about his position of losing teams being sellers at the trade deadline. “I always look at it as it is. We have a long ways to go in the season, a lot of things can happen, lot of things can change, we are always looking to compete and put the best team we can out on the field that is healthy.”

“As far as possibility of us being active there, I think Joe (Douglas) is always going to be looking to do what is best the organization and best for the team,” Gase continued. “I can’t say one way or the other. I think it will be one of those things where if something comes up, I’m sure those guys will look hard at it. It is hard for me to speak on because I am really grinding on trying to just figure out how to win a game and those guys are doing their part as far as trying to make sure that we are the best team they can possibly assemble.”

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Don't really see the value in trading someone who is making next to nothing and is going to net a very low draft pick.

He is still the only player on the roster who can stretch the field, and lord knows our Offense needs all the help it can get

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Don't really see the value in trading someone who is making next to nothing and is going to net a very low draft pick.

He is still the only player on the roster who can stretch the field, and lord knows our Offense needs all the help it can get

last year the 49ers offered us a 3rd round pick for him...

told there are more than 5 teams talking to the Jets now about him, unfortunately we dont know how good Douglas is in negotiations in getting a better deal for anyone...

Panthers, Jaguars, Steelers, Sainsts and Chargers are all said to be interested don't know what they are offering, don't know what JD is seeking...

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
With so many needs a 3rd rounder would come in handy but we have no idea if Douglas is going to be able to draft worth a shit and if trading him creates another hole we have to fill then it's kinda pointless.

At this point I feel like they are just trying to get rid of Mac's players (for better or worse), which is never a good MO to follow

munchmemory

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
With so many needs a 3rd rounder would come in handy but we have no idea if Douglas is going to be able to draft worth a shit and if trading him creates another hole we have to fill then it's kinda pointless.

At this point I feel like they are just trying to get rid of Mac's players (for better or worse), which is never a good MO to follow

So far, this is what I imagine going through the minds of Gase and Douglas as they contemplate trades and/or draft picks. And I'm being kind.

ebceb27555634d29e0c53b7e3c26a05b.gif

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Hmmm, IMO Jets are better off trading this entire team of trash for Draft picks and end our suffering this year. Be like a new Team joining the League next year. This includes Trading all Coaches except our Defensive Cord. CLEAN HOUSE OF ALL PLAYERS! Not one above average play Player that I think is good on this team. Media blows up Players bigger then life with their Hype. Adams is an average Safety that occasionally makes a good play. Wilk? enough said. Same on Offense, Bell playing as highest paid RB? Nope! Average playing by Bell. Not one Player on my Jets stand out as a WARRIOR! They are all playing with little effort and intensity ! I dont see Bell going crazy mad running like a wild beast around and through Defenders. I dont see and Defensive Player busting through every play attacking QB and RB. I just dont see any heart, effort for 1 hour of all out bad ass beast warrior mode like Rex Ryan had guys play in first 2 years. This Jets team plays like millionaire SUITS and not tough at all. No heart College boys as Kleco says they all look like Tarsan but plays like Jane. Another words Jets Team of pussies. Cant play hard for 1 HOUR? HAHA Never make it in working World swing a 30lb sledge slugging up Wheels on Tug for 3 hours.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Jets want a second round pick for RA...

As of today the Oakland Raiders are very interested in making a deal for RA...

Oakland won’t give up one of their first-round picks for Anderson, and they don’t have a 2020 second-round pick either. But would they consider moving a third and fourth-round picks for the former Temple receiver?

munchmemory

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics

Oakland won’t give up one of their first-round picks for Anderson, and they don’t have a 2020 second-round pick either. But would they consider moving a third and fourth-round picks for the former Temple receiver?

Robbie would work great out in Oakland. I hear "eye nutting" is a huge past time out there.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

If Douglas got a 2nd rounder for Robby that would be amazing. Even a 3rd and a 4th would be pretty good. I've seen enough to know he is a #3 WR.

Last edited:

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I doubt anyone is going to give up a 2nd (or even 3rd) for Robbie. Guy is a great deep threat and spreads the field, but he isn't the type of WR to fight for hard catches and get his.

It's all deep patterns, need Darnold to drop it right in the basket, and he has to have separation because he can't fight for shit.

If you have a true #1 out there, Robbie can do damage against single coverage, but that's about all you're gonna get from him

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I hear all the supporters for trading Robbie and I understand where you are coming from, but, I have reservations. I know you guys have it all figured out so I guess I should just go with the flow on this one, So let me see if I understand this. Say we get a 2nd round pick for him. I'm guessing you guys know of a receiver who will for sure be available in round 2 that can step right in and stretch the field with his speed and play as well as Robbie even though he is, as you say, only a #3 type receiver. I know you are positive we will get him before another team snatches him up. And of course you are also positive that he will play as well at the NFL level as he does in college. You are covinced that he will develop the same connection with Sam right off the bat. For sure you are confident that he will in fact play better than Robbie because if he isn't going to play better what's the point of going through all of the trouble to replace him. So........just so I can relax this old brain of mine, please, one of you please tell me who this special receiver is. Otherwise I'm going to stay true to the old saying that a bird in the hand is worth more than 2 in the bushes.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
I hear all the supporters for trading Robbie and I understand where you are coming from, but, I have reservations. I know you guys have it all figured out so I guess I should just go with the flow on this one, So let me see if I understand this. Say we get a 2nd round pick for him. I'm guessing you guys know of a receiver who will for sure be available in round 2 that can step right in and stretch the field with his speed and play as well as Robbie even though he is, as you say, only a #3 type receiver. I know you are positive we will get him before another team snatches him up. And of course you are also positive that he will play as well at the NFL level as he does in college. You are covinced that he will develop the same connection with Sam right off the bat. For sure you are confident that he will in fact play better than Robbie because if he isn't going to play better what's the point of going through all of the trouble to replace him. So........just so I can relax this old brain of mine, please, one of you please tell me who this special receiver is. Otherwise I'm going to stay true to the old saying that a bird in the hand is worth more than 2 in the bushes.

Gram I think he is a loser that's why I want him out of here. I am tired of Marshall type of WR's. I want Maynard Wayne type of rec's

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Gram I think he is a loser that's why I want him out of here. I am tired of Marshall type of WR's. I want Maynard Wayne type of rec's

You may be right Butter, but right now he's unquestionably the best receiver we have. So my tactic would be trade or cut him when and if we get that Maynard Wayne type of receiver.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Well I think he may be in last year of contract so you have to get something for him especially if he won't take a small one year deal.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Well I think he may be in last year of contract so you have to get something for him especially if he won't take a small one year deal.

You're right. He is on a one year contract and it would be nice to get something for him. I agree totally on that but Sam needs all the help he can get to overcome our total lack of an offensive line. So it' sort of a catch 22 situation. We hurt Sam's production and growth if we dump him but hurt our cap if we don't. With him out of the line-up Crowder and Bell are his only outlets unless Smith or Thomas come alive and get hot. Neither of them seem likely to be able to stretch the field which is what we need to open up the run game.