Sources: Jets looking to trade WR Robby Anderson

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
You may be right Butter, but right now he's unquestionably the best receiver we have. So my tactic would be trade or cut him when and if we get that Maynard Wayne type of receiver.

I agree except a loser is a loser & he can hurt us in other ways

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Anderson is by far our best Reciever but Gase has not utilized him at all.
I think half the Fan base doesn't watch the games. Anderson was running all types of routes last season and during this preseason and excelled.
Trading him is not a smart decision. We're going to go into next season with Crowder and Bellamy. Enunwa is likely done and even if he does make it back. How long will he last? 1-2 games.
We need 3 recievers as it is, let's add another hole...

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Anderson is by far our best Reciever but Gase has not utilized him at all.
I think half the Fan base doesn't watch the games. Anderson was running all types of routes last season and during this preseason and excelled.
Trading him is not a smart decision. We're going to go into next season with Crowder and Bellamy. Enunwa is likely done and even if he does make it back. How long will he last? 1-2 games.
We need 3 recievers as it is, let's add another hole...
My sentiments exactly.

joeuser

The Wretched
Jet Fanatics
I wish Gas could share his feelings... I van always tell when he's holding back!

IMHO, this team, from top 2 bottom needs to b gone & it needs 2b sold to a better owner...

Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way 2b sure...

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Not sold on trading Robby, as I think he could have that good chemistry with Sam. Plus, for years before his arrival, there was talk about how the team didn't have a deep threat to open up the defense vertically.

I'll take the pick because of concerns about various character issues, but as a player, I like his fit.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Not sold on trading Robby, as I think he could have that good chemistry with Sam. Plus, for years before his arrival, there was talk about how the team didn't have a deep threat to open up the defense vertically.

I'll take the pick because of concerns about various character issues, but as a player, I like his fit.
vertically we have another speedster that is only in his second season, Vyncint Smith has the wheels and showing he has capable hands... Maybe he could be the replacement for RA... I like RA but we need as much draft capitol as we can get and unfortunately he is one of the best options we have to acquire that...

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

Is he really opening up the defense when Darnold has less than a second to throw the ball? In one second, Robby might be 6 yards down the field.

Last edited:

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
vertically we have another speedster that is only in his second season, Vyncint Smith has the wheels and showing he has capable hands... Maybe he could be the replacement for RA... I like RA but we need as much draft capitol as we can get and unfortunately he is one of the best options we have to acquire that...

I like Smith as a harder working Robby.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I like Smith as a harder working Robby.
here is a fun stat
Robby Anderson 40 time: 4.36
Vyncint Smith 40 time: 4.36

we just acquired a younger version of RA that has this season plus two more at a very cost effective price...

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
We hurt Sam's production and growth if we dump him but hurt our cap if we don't.
But Sam can't play for the rest of the season with his sprained wrist and glued-on toenail.:ib: At least if he's got any sense. Perhaps he could tear his labrum........

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
And he gives more effort.

You're correct, He did run a 4.36 - 40 on pro day. He is a speedster and could potentially replace Robbie. The Texans had him on their practice squad for the same reasons that he wasn't invited to the combine. He struggles with running routes but they've been working with Robbie on his route running so why not do the same with him. I think I could accept this if we get a decent return for Robbie who they have already smoothed out some.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
You're correct, He did run a 4.36 - 40 on pro day. He is a speedster and could potentially replace Robbie. The Texans had him on their practice squad for the same reasons that he wasn't invited to the combine. He struggles with running routes but they've been working with Robbie on his route running so why not do the same with him. I think I could accept this if we get a decent return for Robbie who they have already smoothed out some.
Lets cut the C___ & get a couple of real WR,s