Strategy: Playing to Win or Laying Down for The Draft

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
to be all honest if we draft a receiver to become a dynamic duo with Elijah Moore, add in Corey Davis bring back Berrios and Mims is still here... They like Montgomery that is 6 receivers...

Jeff Smith, and maybe Vyncint Smith both can be on the practice squad due to NFL covid rules...
Jeff Smith has done little to prove he can do anything plus he is ERFA... he will get his one year deal as soon as this year ends...
V. Smith will get another chance to make the roster?

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
to be all honest if we draft a receiver to become a dynamic duo with Elijah Moore, add in Corey Davis bring back Berrios and Mims is still here... They like Montgomery that is 6 receivers...

Jeff Smith, and maybe Vyncint Smith both can be on the practice squad due to NFL covid rules...
Jeff Smith has done little to prove he can do anything plus he is ERFA... he will get his one year deal as soon as this year ends...
V. Smith will get another chance to make the roster?
Wasn’t Jeff Smith a college QB who’s learning how to be a WR at this level.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Wasn’t Jeff Smith a college QB who’s learning how to be a WR at this level.
yep and was labeled as OW...
but Elijah Moore and Braxton Berrios became that one two punch...
if we add a third OW we need someone who can actually be a receiver...
he can be called up from the practice squad and between all the new rules he will be safer there to develop...

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
In this situation I’d say we play to win because we HOPEFULLY have our QB. Notice how I put the emphasis on HOPEFULLY! Last year I wanted us to lose because I wanted Trevor Lawrence (mainly) or Justin Fields. Now we have Zach and hopefully he’s our guy, so win all you can and let him play and learn with a little success. The year of the Darnold draft I wanted them to lose every game also. Sorry if this isn’t some of your opinions but it is what it is!!!

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
I wish we lost only because Wilson did what he needed to. Carter looked great. A loss would have helped our position and gave us way more options. Especially staying close to the Lions since they might win one more and I don't think we will. I don't know if any player is a generational talent so it probably didnt matter. If we were going to win a game I wanted it to be TB or Bills not a HS team that has clearly quit. #2 pick looks way better to me than saying we barely beat the Jags.
I’ll give credit on this post. It makes sense.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Win always, no question, no doubt. No player or coach that made it to this level could even think otherwise despite what Jacksonville looked like it did at the end of yesterday's match.

So, who's glad to have rooted for all those losses to get Darnold?
Very valid point! Can’t really debate this to tuff!

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
In this situation I’d say we play to win because we HOPEFULLY have our QB. Notice how I put the emphasis on HOPEFULLY! Last year I wanted us to lose because I wanted Trevor Lawrence (mainly) or Justin Fields. Now we have Zach and hopefully he’s our guy, so win all you can and let him play and learn with a little success. The year of the Darnold draft I wanted them to lose every game also. Sorry if this isn’t some of your opinions but it is what it is!!!

I remember when we drafted Darnold I really thought we had the guy. I was so happy we didn't draft Baker. I'm still just as happy. That guy has hit his ceiling and will never be a champion even with a stacked roster. Believe me I get such a big smile watching him fail. I'm as hopeful about Zach as I was about Darnold and I know he already has a higher ceiling than Darnold, but thats not saying much now that we know what we know about Darnold. Two really solid final games would definitely give me more hope. I'm just tired of hoping with the Jets.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I remember when we drafted Darnold I really thought we had the guy. I was so happy we didn't draft Baker. I'm still just as happy. That guy has hit his ceiling and will never be a champion even with a stacked roster. Believe me I get such a big smile watching him fail. I'm as hopeful about Zach as I was about Darnold and I know he already has a higher ceiling than Darnold, but thats not saying much now that we know what we know about Darnold. Two really solid final games would definitely give me more hope. I'm just tired of hoping with the Jets.
Keep hope alive brother. “You have to see a thing before you see the thing or you never will see the thing “ .

“Faith is the substance of things hope for, the evidence of things not”