Update: New York Jets 2021 Draft Class

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
We got Campbell from last year. We didn't need another guard we needed a right tackle. It was a wasted a pick on an inferior talent.

Last I knew Campbell played defense. Tucker plays both guard and tackle and does both quite well. He had the 2nd highest pass blocking grade, 91.6, among all "O" linemen in this years draft class. He won the Morris Trophy in 2020 for being the BEST "O" lineman. He was 2nd team all-pac 12 in 2019 and 1st team all-pac 12 in 2020. I know, pac 12 and 10 are soft you say. While I admit he wasn't my first choice tackle in this draft he is by no means a wasted pick. So I trust JD's judgement to move up and spend a little more on him to solidify that left side which is where I believe he will play.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Campbell?

They have Cameron Clark from last year. Is there a Campbell I'm not remembering?

And with Fant at RT, guard was a bigger need. AVT is a very solid guard prospect. He's athletic enough to play in a zone scheme as a guard, and he has very good feet.

He's a little confused. Campbell is a defensive back, unless there's another Campbell we aren't aware of.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Last I knew Campbell played defense. Tucker plays both guard and tackle and does both quite well. He had the 2nd highest pass blocking grade, 91.6, among all "O" linemen in this years draft class. He won the Morris Trophy in 2020 for being the BEST "O" lineman. He was 2nd team all-pac 12 in 2019 and 1st team all-pac 12 in 2020. I know, pac 12 and 10 are soft you say. While I admit he wasn't my first choice tackle in this draft he is by no means a wasted pick. So I trust JD's judgement to move up and spend a little more on him to solidify that left side which is where I believe he will play.

It sounds like he projects to be day one LG.

Him next to McGovern also helps us at C, as McGovern isn't left out there on an island.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
We are admittedly weak at CB but add this guy to the pass rush and suddenly the CB situation seems a little less relevant.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
We are admittedly weak at CB but add this guy to the pass rush and suddenly the CB situation seems a little less relevant.
I like the prospect and wouldn't complain if we took him at 34 . Problem is he's not really a linebacker and he's too light in the rump to be a 43 DE . What he is really is a Bud Dupree clone who would be a perfect rush end in a 34 defensive scheme .

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
NFL Network ticker says the #Jets are receiving significant interest for the 34th pick in the 2nd round . I say if we can get a 3rd rounder in return, just do it and move on . Plenty of great players left on the board all through this 2nd round and even into the 3rd .

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
at least 7 teams are interested for the 34th. one team is the Broncos who own 40th & 71st which keeps within value of striking distance for one of our top 8 currently on our big board!

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
at least 7 teams are interested for the 34th. one team is the Broncos who own 40th & 71st which keeps within value of striking distance for one of our top 8 currently on our big board!

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see JD do some wheelin and dealin with that pick................I wish him well if he does.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
These are the top 10 in 2nd round that teams want to move up to get
  • Azeez Ojulari OLB/DE Georgia 6-2 249.
  • Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU 6-3 200.
  • Levi Onwuzurike DT Washington 6-3 290.
  • Rondale Moore WR Purdue 5-7 180.
  • Trevon Moehrig S TCU 6-2 205.
  • Asante Samuel Jr. DB Florida State 5-9 194.
  • Richie Grant FS Central Florida 6-0 200
  • Dillon Radunz OT North Dakota State 6-6 301
  • Tyson Campbell DB Georgia 6-1 193
  • Javonte Williams RB North Carolina 5-9 212

If JD trades down to Denver (40) and acquires (71) he can then move back up to lets say (38) by using (143) to make it happen...

Hopefully these players in any order the ones targeted first leaving us with a good chance of getting our guy...

• Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU 6-3 200.
  • Rondale Moore WR Purdue 5-7 180.
  • Trevon Moehrig S TCU 6-2 205.
  • Asante Samuel Jr. DB Florida State 5-9 194.
  • Tyson Campbell DB Georgia 6-1 193

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Elijah Moore. Very, very interesting.

Zach has the protection and the weapons Sam never had. This draft has been all about helping Zach Wilson succeed.