Zach finally Gone

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
interested to see what Payton does with him; God knows he had no coaching or direction here.
As a coach who's system is predicated on timing and rhythm, I don't see how this marriage is going to work. Zach is a poor mans Russell Wilson (he is better with off script plays).

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Is it Wilson and a 7th to get a 6th, or the JD way - Wilson and a 6th to get a 7th?
Later

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Here’s the saddest part to all of this, Zach will probably get his chance eventually, if not straight off the back and blow the doors off for the Broncos. I’m not rooting for him because I never wanted the Jets to draft him in the first place but it will be just our luck. That’s usually the way things turn out for the Jets and us fans!

Side note: I desperately wanted the Jets to draft Sam Darnold and we see how that turned out. So what the hell do I know! Lol

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Thank God. He wont last with Payton other than a few games. Denvers offense is predicated on rhythm….. which Zach doesn’t have. Now if it was an off script free for all…… maybe.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Thank God. He wont last with Payton other than a few games. Denvers offense is predicated on rhythm….. which Zach doesn’t have. Now if it was an off script free for all…… maybe.
You just know this was a Payton ego pick. He wants to show the world how smart he is. He thinks he can turn Zach into a legit starter.

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Is it Wilson and a 7th to get a 6th, or the JD way - Wilson and a 6th to get a 7th?
Later
We get the sixth and give up the seventh. So technically we actually got something for him AND dumped some of his salary AND he didn't go to a Division rival. Reward for patience in not cutting him.

The bad news is we play Denver next season at Metlife, so the specter of the 'revenge game' circus is still possible.

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Denver can still draft a QB. Nothing stellar now.
Everyone oohed and ahhed when Zachie made a 60 yd. highlight throw , padless, helmetless, before the season.
Their Waterloo, Zach's and the fans.
We fans suffered more than any ownership tenure, player tenure, even stadium tenure.
Great Balls of Fire.jpg

Last edited:

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Here’s the saddest part to all of this, Zach will probably get his chance eventually, if not straight off the back and blow the doors off for the Broncos. I’m not rooting for him because I never wanted the Jets to draft him in the first place but it will be just our luck. That’s usually the way things turn out for the Jets and us fans!

Side note: I desperately wanted the Jets to draft Sam Darnold and we see how that turned out. So what the hell do I know! Lol
It sounds like you know how to pick out the bust players. Who do you like for the Jets at 10 ? ?:rofl2:

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I saw the money was split. $2.75MM for each side.
Yeah. we all knew it was going to cost us to be rid of him so this deal lessons that cost some for us, gives us a 6th round pick instead of a 7th, and opens up a spot on the roster. That's a better deal than I expected.