Around The NFL

S

sg3

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 3h3 hours ago

Rex Ryan and the Terminator reunited. #Bills sign FB John Conner, a Jets free agent. Old draft love dies hard. #nyj
Makes sense

According to Low Collision Cruisers Conner was the annual 4th round pick that Tannenboob (who thought draft choices were unimportant and treated them like prizes in Crackerjack boxes) announced in the war room...."This one is yours, Rex" after which he delegated the 5th and 6th round picks to Westy.

So I don't have any problem with the dumbass buffoon in Buffalo adding a running back who can block but can't run or catch to his new Circus Tent

B

BigDan

Rex Ryan at his opening press conference said the Bills would be bullies in the AFC...guess he wasn't joking.

Nice to see that Hex is running his fat mouth up there as well. It worked for him for a couple of years, while he was fronting a decent team that he had inherited from the prior regime. It got old real fast after those wheels came off.

I can't wait to play him and kick his butt...

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
gjxUiPQy_bigger.jpg
Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago

Cam Newton signed 5-year, $103.8 million extension, per source. Earns him $67.6 million in first three year. Deal... http://fb.me/1MXrtqZUR

gjxUiPQy_bigger.jpg
Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago

Cam Newton's new 5-year, $103.8 million deal also includes $60 million guaranteed, per source.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'm really glad to see teams around the NFL locking up their own talent and keeping them long term for their fan base
That's the way it should be.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'm really glad to see teams around the NFL locking up their own talent and keeping them long term for their fan base
That's the way it should be.

All of those teams made their players finish their rookie contracts. Not one got paid ahead of time. If that's the way you think it should be, then we'll all have to wait because our players have time left. These guys got slapped with the franchise tag before receiving a long term commitment.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
The point isn't how the point is they do. Heyward, Liuget, and Jordan did not have to wait, it doesn't appear Darius will wait, it does appear Luck, Wilson, and Julio Jones will wait...as long as they're kept, it doesn't matter, IMO. There's less anxiety if they don't wait...

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
it was interesting...i was reading a day or so ago that the players union was thinking of filing collusion charges against the cowboys and broncos if they didn't come to long-term deals with dez and demaryius. and just hours before the deadline, the two of them signed nearly identical contracts

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
_gep2s4I_bigger.jpeg
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago

The #Saints are releasing Junior Galette, source said. They’ve paid him $18M since last year. Wow.

_gep2s4I_bigger.jpeg
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago

Junior Galette recently met with @NFL officials, who are looking into 2 off-the-field incidents. #Saints have been frustrated for a while.

Ian Rapoport retweeted
Evan Woodbery@TheSaintsBeat 1h1 hour ago
Talked to Junior Galette on release: "The worst call they've ever made. It was a terrible call to kick me when I'm down." More coming...

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Wonder if Rex kicks the tires on Freeman. I kind of hope he goes to the Packers so his biggest fan can continue to follow his career. :)