Around The NFL

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
_gep2s4I_bigger.jpeg
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 3h3 hours ago

The #Lions and star LB DeAndre Levy have reached an agreement on a contract extension, I’m told. This was an offseason priority.

_gep2s4I_bigger.jpeg
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 3h3 hours ago

Hard to overstate the find that DeAndre Levy is for #Lions, who once chose re-signing him over Justin Durant. Morphed into the leader on D

Golden Rott

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
I hate trading up in the draft.

Exhibit A In 2009 we sent 3 picks to Detroit so we could move up to take Greene. Detroit used our original 3rd rounder to take DeAndre Levy. Greene had a couple of nice playoff seasons for us, but never lived up to expectations. Levy is an All-Pro player. I hate trading up in draft.

Exhibit B; We traded up in 2012 for Stephen Hill. We sent our 2nd rounder to Seattle along with two other picks. Seattle took Bobby Wagner. They got an All Pro. We got a bust.

Exhibit C: We traded up in 2008, sending the 36th to GB with a 4th rounder to move up to 30. We took Dustin Keller. They took Jordy Nelson. We got a nice, above average tight end. They got an All Pro.

I hate trading up in the draft. Don't mean to derail the thread - the mention of DeAndre Levy got me started.

I hate trading up in the draft. And I didn't even have to mention Dewayne Robertson.

R

raideraholic

I hate trading up in the draft.

Exhibit A In 2009 we sent 3 picks to Detroit so we could move up to take Greene. Detroit used our original 3rd rounder to take DeAndre Levy. Greene had a couple of nice playoff seasons for us, but never lived up to expectations. Levy is an All-Pro player. I hate trading up in draft.

Exhibit B; We traded up in 2012 for Stephen Hill. We sent our 2nd rounder to Seattle along with two other picks. Seattle took Bobby Wagner. They got an All Pro. We got a bust.

Exhibit C: We traded up in 2008, sending the 36th to GB with a 4th rounder to move up to 30. We took Dustin Keller. They took Jordy Nelson. We got a nice, above average tight end. They got an All Pro.

I hate trading up in the draft. Don't mean to derail the thread - the mention of DeAndre Levy got me started.

I hate trading up in the draft. And I didn't even have to mention Dewayne Robertson.

I bet you didn't have a problem with the Jets trading up for D RevIs. it's okay to trade up if that player going to prove to be a difference maker . Not so if that player doesn't turn out to be the player your front office expected them to be.

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
I bet you didn't have a problem with the Jets trading up for D RevIs. it's okay to trade up if that player going to prove to be a difference maker . Not so if that player doesn't turn out to be the player your front office expected them to be.

You are exactly right. What can I tell you, I am a fan -- sometimes that means being somewhat irrational. thanks for bringing me back to reality. :D

Golden Rott

Jet Fanatics
Great post. Sometimes people forget fan is short for fanatic. :)

Thanks. I know I do not always see things completely rationally, however, I still think my original point is valid.

I do not like trading up in the draft and I do think that it does not work out more often than it does. The Revis deal worked out for us, but it also worked out well for Carolina who came away with Jon Beason and Ryan Kalil. Revis was a good trade for us. Sanchez, Keller, Greene, Robertson and Hill did not work out -- although the picks the other teams made in the Sanchez and Robertson deals did not work out well for the other side either.

Philosophically, I would rather move back than up.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Thanks. I know I do not always see things completely rationally, however, I still think my original point is valid.

I do not like trading up in the draft and I do think that it does not work out more often than it does. The Revis deal worked out for us, but it also worked out well for Carolina who came away with Jon Beason and Ryan Kalil. Revis was a good trade for us. Sanchez, Keller, Greene, Robertson and Hill did not work out -- although the picks the other teams made in the Sanchez and Robertson deals did not work out well for the other side either.

Philosophically, I would rather move back than up.

Looking back at last year's draft (2014)...I think we were continuously burned by not moving up and waiting for the draft to fall in our laps...what fell in our laps were picks that made us have one of our worst drafts in Jets history in one of the deepest drafts in NFL history...and we had 12 picks as ammo.

I cant say I agree. In jets history there were years we loved Favre, Russell Wilson, and odell Beckham in our draft room...but never pulled the trigger to get them and it dearly cost the franchise. I think it depends on the pick and player, IMO, the year before we loved Austin and didnt go get him and took Milliner instead...guess that evened out... :)

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Looks like Brandon Scherff is playing Right Guard for the Redskins.

http://pro32.ap.org/article/rebuilding-o-line-takes-interesting-turn-redskins

hey....we need one of those... :)

Notice this name, "New offensive line coach Bill Callahan," the guy who helped us lead the league in rushing and get to 2 AFC championship games with Thomas Jones...

Skins are hiring some good football men...starting with the GM. Of course, so have the Jags, and they stay where they be at...

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
49ers just release Aldon Smith who was arrested on Thursday night for a hit & run, DUI and vandalism.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Ryan Tannehill - QB - Dolphins
Ryan Tannehill finished the Dolphins' Friday night intrasquad scrimmage 11-of-17 passing for 101 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions.
Both TDs went to Jordan Cameron, from 26 and three yards away. Tannehill was also intercepted by slot CB Brice McCain -- who ran in front of a Greg Jennings target -- and LCB Brent Grimes. Camp reports have Tannehill showing improved accuracy and confidence targeting the intermediate and deep sections of the field. The 27-year-old finished last season as the overall QB10 in fantasy.